New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Tribes of Twelve Seas [IC]

Spoiler: Mana
    Show
    The Spirits of Food, trying to fight back a bit of the curse until a solution has been found.

Spoiler: Dreamers
    Show
    1 Dreamer will send a message to all the friendly tribes (those whose Dreams don't seem to be against the Lunai) to find out if they have found out more about the curse.

Spoiler: Island of Fog
    Show
    I'll unlock the new trait. 1 Sailor will try to scout out the raid party. Also, what does the Dream Fruit do?

Spoiler: Pole Reef
    Show
    The sailors will try talk to the old man.

Spoiler: Crafting
    Show
    1 Craftsman will try to make a charm out of the coral for a Sailor.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Lunai Tribe

Spoiler: Mana
    Show

Ah. You need to seek contact with Spirits or appeal to Gods to spend Mana. You can't sacrifice to them, unless you have means to contact them.

Spoiler: Tribes Answers (Stone-Heads, Turtle, Ash Tribe, Fish-Talkers, Masked Tribe, Akaneru, Blessed Isle)
    Show

Blessed Isle: We are aware. You have shown insight in finding out about the curse. However, we are bound by Gods to remain neutral. It is mortals choice on how to deal with this Curse. Chose wisely.

Turtle: All is known to Ancient One.

Stone-Heads: Our Priests take care to shield our island from all threats. We are unaffected by any curses, divine or spiritual.

Fish-Talkers: A curse… yes. But curses and blessings are sun and moon.

Masked Tribe: We are of course knowledgeable, but we’d like to hear you describe it, to see how much you know.

Akaneru: This curse is of concern to us, but it’s not our place to talk about it.

Ash Tribe: Tell us more of this curse. We can be generous to our friends.

(I don’t know if you are sending this dream to Korrowmal, as theirs are dreams of conquest. But not specifically conquest of Lunai.)

Show

(I forgot to include it, but you have also collected Dreamfruit 1 from Isle of Fog).

Craftsman creates Coral Charm of Sea 1.

Show

The man sighs. “I have sought solitude and quiet to contemplate the great questions. Yet here you come, to make splish-splash and disturb me. What a nuisance.”

Spoiler: Island of Fog
    Show

Your sailors have gathered the following information on the raiders: 2 Warriors. They seemed to be more muscular and slightly better armed than Lunai Warriors (counting Lunai’s 2 Spear 1 & Grass Armor 1). Their raiding group is divided into a larger group and a smaller one. They’ll likely act separately from each other.

(OOC: I’ll resolve raid after your next post, so you can decide how you act on this information)

Arono Tribe

Spoiler: Arono Tribe
    Show

Storm Shelters 2 are completed, as Shells are dedicated to the Gods, so that they’ll receive divine blessing of Water, Wind, Earth and Lightning and safeguard the village. One of the priests claims to have seen a dream of mighty stormwall, arriving from the west. He claims it was a prophetic dream, that warns Arono Tribe of coming disaster.

Craftsmen make 2 Coral-Tipped Spears 1.

Rassa Defthand and Craftsman manage to contain Stormwind in the Blue Shell, however their crafting skills prove insufficient to make blue shell into proper container for the Stormwind. It shall serve only as a temporary one, until power of wind blows it up.

Gained: Stormwind Shell 2 (Blessing of Wind, 3 Charges)

Tidepools haven’t benefited from a strong storm, but one of the gatherers has good fortune of finding something interesting:
    Found: 3 Food, 1 Shell, Map: Walled Island and Wooden Boots.

Spoiler: Shell Island
    Show

(OOC: It’s 5 Villagers to make Building, Level 1)

Traders search leads him to half-submerged grotto. The markings on the walls indicate that previous visitors to the Island have found something interesting here. However, to reach it, one would need to dive deep into dark waters of the grotto. A dangerous prospect.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Korrowmal Celebration
    Show
    A giant man covered in golden scales leads the delegation from Hell's Tribe. He calls out and smiles making sure the Korrowmal know he is part of Hell's Tribe.

"Good to see you again. Check out the blessing I got from the Mother Lizard's heart. May her skin serve me even better then it did her." He says holding up a scale covered hand in a wave.

Spoiler: Stone Head Tribe
    Show

They should be on their way back now. We will get back to you on what exactly we want made. We got some lizard teeth and we are still considering what to do with them.

Spoiler: GM
    Show

Sending the members back to their tribe for 6 favor.

If two crafters working on one armor increases the odds of it being better, then just one armor is made. If not making two of them and spending one mana on each one.

Also how big are the lizard teeth? Would they make good daggers with their size?

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ogre in the Playground

Arono Tribe

Aoa stares at the gorgeous Blue Shell in his hand, Rassa had just handed it to him after she finished the delicate crafting under the eye of their Island Spirit. The strongly built sailor could feel the power of the winds contained within the shell.

The call to adventure pulsed within him, Hapriss had blessed the tribe with the call to adventure. Aoa felt like he could feel it sometimes and right now he was positively going crazy with the need to get out there. "Thank you Rassa this is a magnificent gift. I'll bring our people to parts of the ocean we have only dreamed of."

Aoa strides off, calling to his compatriots to join him on the journey to the silver sea.

Show
    OOC: Sorry meant 5 my bad. I'll mark off an extra used villager.

The Trader will continue forward after calling for a Warrior to join him, equipped with a coral tipped spear.

Spoiler: Silver Sea
    Show
    1 Sailor, 1 Trader, 4 villagers, and Aoa Strongheart with 3 mana, Stormwind Shell 2 (Blessing of the Wind 3), and Blade of Kapriss will attempt to charter a way to an island in the silver sea with the Treasure Map Tablet. Adventurous 2 trait and sailor morale bonus may apply.

Spoiler: Walled Island
    Show
    1 Sailor, 1 Trader, 1 Priest, and 3 villagers, will attempt to charter to the way to the Walled Island with the Map and explore it. Adventurous trait and sailor morale bonus may apply. A Sign of Favor (Exploration 1) will be used by the priest.

OOC: Not sure how the Sign of Favor is used just let me know if this works.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: The Dream Contest
    Show

Spoiler: Useless Fluff for GM
    Show
    Iso on a boat that was going down an underground river smiled while his friend held down a powerless man that claimed to dream their dream.

"I feel like I can work with this, maybe?" Iso said, amused and excited with the implications of the other tribe's interference, if Iso would call it that, considering what he was about to try.

"Iso, I have no idea what non-sense your trying. Is holding this dreamer necessary?" Grom said to his friend.

"Indeed it is Grom, he says he's the dreamer who dreams all these dreams, and so we might make use of him. What are the things that normally end a dream early?"

"I don't know, but you do." an increasingly less weirded out yet annoyed Grom said, trying not to think about the situation.

"Indeed! My friend, three things typically end a dream early over all others; something in the physical world calling the dreamer back, a frightening nightmare, or a particularly exciting dream. A proper dreamer can suppress these feelings or use other means to keep themselves asleep if they must, but there are limits to everything. A nimble mind might be able to use this fierce pit of emotion to make quite the ending to this dream."

"So what, you intend to scare this guy awake?"

"Yes? As long as we don't get too frighted or excited ourselves first it'd be on our terms..." A less than fully confident Iso tried to convey.

"What about the monsters?"

"Them? They seem more focused on each other for now. We'll just stay out of things."

"Right..."

Iso will attempt to draw in the Stone-Head's dream of urgency and impossibility into his own more, fueling the tension that he wishes to create. His plan is to take the Masked Man along for the adventerous ride, trying to heighten the tension in any way he can, then end it by throwing the Masked Man down a waterfall.

Spoiler: Could be scarier underground maybe?
    Show

Iso will try to avoid the big monsters, as they could probably end him fast.

Spoiler: OOC for GM
    Show
    Probably won't even work a little bit, but that's what I get for writing this stuff out so quickly at night. I'll try to get actions done tomorrow.

6. - Top - End - #66

Show

Turtle and Stone-Heads: Would you be prepared to share information?

Fish-Talkers: Many curses and blessings come and go but this curse is not natural.

Masked Tribe and Ash Tribe: We have found out that it has something to do with the Great Gods, and it is unnatural, formed by someone trained in the dark arts.

Show

Do the craftsmen succeed in creating spears and armor?

Show

We sorry to have disturbed you, may we ask what you are pondering?

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #67
    Dwarf in the Playground

Dream Competition

Masked Tribe seemed to be the favorites to win. So it seems Hell’s Tribe and Groh, whether separately or through cunning alliance, assault it in the same way - trying to frighten the dreaming man, so he would wake up. Groh entrap him in their dream of journey and he can’t refuse, as those are all dreams he is dreaming. Then Groh draw the tension and unease from the Stone-Heads dream, who allow it. Then monster of Hell’s Tribe arrives and instead of physical assault whispers “You can smile and say it was just a dream if you want and that you were the master but that is just you lying to yourself. When you wake up in the middle of the night, in a cold sweat and shaking in fear from your nightmares, can you say you were the master? Has the nightmare truly ended when the dreamer awakes or has the dreamer just shut their eyes looking away from a world they simply can't understand?” And as nerves of the sleeper are thus freyd, the underground river comes to a waterfall and the boat plunges down into the abyss. This is enough to shake Masked Tribe’s dreamer awake.

Hell’s Tribe then seeks to play on the dissonance between Stone-Heads tense dream and Groh’s more easy-going, adventurous one. This tactic is less effective, as Groh has themselves chose to incorporate Stone-Heads dream.

Ash Tribe, Fish-Talkers Tribe and Hell’s Tribe focus on confrontation. Earth against Water. Hell’s Tribe assaults both, but takes different strategies - preferring to wait out Earth, while fighting Water directly. In the end Ash Tribe loses.

Thus Hell’s Tribe, Fish-Talkers, Stone-Heads and Groh are left. Fish-Talkers remain strongest, due to the skill of their Dreamers. But Hell’s Tribe, Stone-Heads and Groh have joined their dreams and they slowly remove everything else - which is Fish-Talkers. Under joint assault they are vanquished. In the conflict between remaining three, Stone-Heads play kingmakers. They openly favor Hell’s Tribe - though, as this favor was unasked for, Hell’s Tribe can leave it unacknowledged with no harm to their reputation. And thus Hell’s Tribe wins.

Urgo seems highly pleased and announces: “The three winners Hell’s Tribe, Groh and Stone-Heads may ask me for a favor, be it my Miracles or wisdom.”

As for Ash Tribe’s contest, Groh, Fish-Talkers and Hell’s Tribe have each won one contest. Each may ask Ash Tribe for favor in following order - Groh, Hell’s Tribe and Fish-Talkers. Fish-Talkers approach Groh and Hell’s Tribe and offer “We wish to acquire Scarburn Spear. If you do not take it as your contest prize, we shall owe you favor.”

Hell’s Tribe

Spoiler: Craftsmen
    Show

Your Craftsmen make Scaled Armor 3 (Yellow Eyes)

Lunai Tribe

Show

“I’m pondering the great riddle of the Godsplash.” Old Man on Pole begins to speak of Gods, spirits and old myths, but your sailors are unable to follow his trail of thought. Sensing that his words find no land, he scoffs. “Why am I wasting my time with you lot!” and grows silent. (Priest Check: Failed)

Show

Your craftsmen make 2 Spears 1 from 2 Wood.

Spoiler: Turtle Tribe
    Show

What would we gain by sharing our knowledge? We have no obligations towards you. Though, if you were to owe us Favor, we may reconsider.

Spoiler: Stone-Heads
    Show

We have been shielded from all curses and thus do not know of this one. Though, we’d be willing to lend you our Priests for a promise of favor.

Spoiler: Fish-Talkers
    Show

You recognize the essence of the curse, but this does not sway us. Natural and Unnatural. Our comfortable with both. One can vanquish curse by fighting against it, but accepting it into one's flesh and being is not wrong, but another way of living in this world. The curse has drowned countless Ancient People, but here we are, because of it.

Spoiler: Masked Tribe
    Show

You have learned much. Do you know the identity of the curse master?

Spoiler: Ash Tribe
    Show

A troubling development. Arrongar is powerful Island God and our Tribe fears no curses. However we are also generous and this is an opportunity to reward those of lesser fortune. If you were to rid us of this curse, you will be generously rewarded.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Ogre in the Playground

Groh

Contest
    Spoiler: Fluff
    Show
    "Your nonsense idea worked?" Grom White-hands said, waking up from the dream.

"Indeed, by Urgo that was a great dream!" Iso says rising up quickly with pride. "Though that monster did take quite a bit of shine out of my idea though it may have been necessary."

Grom just nodded, not used to thinking about such things, the beasts (and particularly that monster) seemed to linger in his mind, though only for a while; he had to focus on the end here.

Spoiler: Urgo, for GM
    Show
    Iso, following his own agenda, will ask Urgo to bless the Groh, but the sailors in particular, in their ability to explore the Sea of Dreams if they ever go there. If that's not on the table or is too weird, he'll just ask for something more typical like having the dreams of the Groh be blessed.

(He wishes to inspire more of the Groh to be active Dreamers, and being blessed in this could be an incentive towards that. Normally, this would be an absurd thing for a Groh to do, but none of the other Groh really care for Urgo or his blessings at the moment, so Iso get's to decide what to ask for.)

The Groh will use their favor from the Ash-Tribe to acquire the Scarburn Spear, thanking the Ash-Tribe hosts for this contest. They give their congratulations to the other winners and the Masked Tribe, for they they have shown strength the Groh value. When this is over the Groh will return home.

Spoiler: Arono Island
    Show
    A man wearing white face-paint appears on the Arono island with a [Masterwork] Blue-Shell necklace in hand. Refusing to step onto land unless given permission, he nonetheless will give the following statement.

"Greetings from Groh men of adventure; our sacred craftsmen have made what you requested. Since your charts are some of the most filled to our knowledge, I come asking for a piece of it. The Old Sea is a place we'd like to venture into, and if you have knowledge on the currents leading into it I'm authorized to make deals to learn how to safely avoid the 4 colored seas."

Spoiler: Ratalan Tribe
    Show
    Greetings from Groh, men of Joy and Dance.

As promised, we shall construct an item of stone for you this season, what shall it be?

Spoiler: Groh Island
    Show

The 1 villager needed to help with the repairs will work on that.

A Crafter with the help of two villagers will use a Wood to construct spears for the Warriors to use.

Another Crafter with the help of three villagers will try to create a Stone Idol the priests can give the Statue God, if Grom is back he'll help with this and invest (2) mana.

(2 Crafter's and 20.5 villager's worth of work left. 4 mana left)

Yida Stoneseer with the help of 1 group of Priests and 5 villagers will try to decipher more of the secrets of the Old Stonework, particularly anything that might help with understanding the Living Statue if possible. She'll use 1 mana here.

(1 Priest and 15.5 villager's worth of work left. 3 mana left.)

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Groh Tribe

Spoiler: Urgo’s Blessing
    Show

Urgo is willing to grant his blessing for a single expedition into the Sea of Dreams. As it’s a highly dangerous voyage, if Groh decide to do it, it’s recommended they have good seafaring equipment and are well prepared.

Spoiler: Groh Island
    Show

Groh Craftsmen produce: 1 Wooden Spear 2, 1 Wooden Spear 1, 1 Living-Stone Idol of Sacrifice 3.

Yida Stoneseer discovers writings on stone tablets of a prosperous, sea trading civilization. They crafted living statues of “three words”, but with time started to make statues of “one word”. What that means Stoneseer doesn’t know. They used special clay, mixed with earth from the heart of the Earth for their creations - once their sources nearby run out, they’ve started importing it. Eventually though, they found means to manufacture an alternative. The greatest project of that civilization was Colossus, a massive stone statue that stood at the harbor and greeted all arriving ships. It protected the city and in time of war marched against its enemies. By the time of the end of the civilization of the ancient men, they have abandoned the use of stone in their works and instead made statues of gold and silver, in human shape.

Yida carefully records her findings in Ancient Records of Stone I. More of the history likely lies under water, in the other parts of the city. But until the Groh’s island rises from the waves, they remain inaccessible.

Arono Tribe

Show

Traders and Warriors swim in dark underwater caverns, trying to map out the twisting passages. It is an arduous task, one for which your group is poorly equipped. Local water spirits swim, observing the proceedings, but do not interfere. Then a group of warriors gets lost. They do not return to the surface. One of the spirits takes form of water snake and whispers - “They are trapped in a cavern with a pocket of air, that will run out soon. We can guide you to them. Or we can guide you to treasure. What do you choose?”

Show

The Silver Sea has its name from the silver mists that cover it. Navigation here would be all, but impossible, if you didn’t have a map of currents. The sailors mutter as they observe the mist clinging to the canoes. “In this place, no Gods or Spirits shall see us”.

As everything disappears in the mist, a sense of dread begins to weigh on everybody’s hearts. But Aoa Strongheart begins to sing the song of adventure, with Traders joining in and everybody ends up smiling as she finishes the last verse.

As expedition nears island, Sailors ask, where they should direct canoe. A good place of landing is half of the success. But with mist concealing everything, it’s impossible to tell a good landing from bad.
    As your party disembarks and walks on the island, the mists seem to recede. There, they find a small grove, surrounded by cliffs. A box made from red wood floats in the air… though Aoa Strongheart recognizes that somebody is actually carrying it - somebody invisible! The person - at least Aoa assumes it’s a person, for he speaks. “Ah. How did you find me! Here nobody should have found me! Even the Gods couldn’t have.” One of the Traders - Mauris the Keen speaks up ”You speak like a fugitive from the Gods”. The invisible person cackles. “Yes, that I am. I see no priests with you. So, perhaps you are not beholden to them. I come from the Island of Gods. They have thought me a fool, but I have outsmarted them. I have stolen their great treasure.” The box rattles in the air. “And here I hid, so they wouldn’t find me.” Again Mauris the Keen speaks “The island seems mostly barren, there’s little food here. How long have you been here.” The person answers “How long… It’s hard to tell time, one can’t see the sunrise or stars here. But my hunger, it is old.” Then his voice grows suspicious “But if you think to trade a mere fruit and fish for my bounty, you are mistaken! No… I shall not barter it away. But I can wager it - in a battle of wits! What say you? Do you desire this treasure?” The redwood box lifts in the air once more.

Mauris whispers to Aoa Strongheart. “His words of Isle of Gods ring true. Be careful with your words and choices, for I believe this man or spirit to be a trickster.” One of the gruffer sailors adds "With the villagers we took to this Expedition, we have enough to cover all escapes, if he decides to slink away. A human chain, so that we won't need to rely on sight"

(You can use Mana, Blessing of the Wind and choose your course of action You can affect any stage of your journey.)

Show

(Sign of Favor is bonus to Equipment Score, though it’s a non-traditional equipment).

The Walled Island has a massive, earth wall around it. There is no higher ground beyond the wall. You do not see any gates or other entrances. Then you see somebody impossibly tall arrive to the wall. For a second you mistake them for a walking tree, as the top part you can see above the wall is covered with branches and leaves. But your group soon realizes it to be a strange, elaborate costume. Two more figures arrive and stand behind this one.

“Greeting sailors. What brings you to the Walled Island?” the figure speaks in a strange, loud voice.
    Last edited by Kessler; 2019-11-27 at 05:14 PM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Happens before Groh takes the spear
    Show
    We would like the spear as well if the Groh don't choose to take it. It is the main reason we attended this event. Shog says before thinking for a minute.

We are missing a shield from our champion set though. We were going to make our own but if for the favor you can give us the materials for a shield of equal quality to those used in the construction of the spear, we will not choose the spear. Then we could ask the Ash Tribe to make us a shield the equal of the spear and we both get what we want.
    He answers though he just shrugs when the spear is taken immediately by the Groh.

Hmm, well that is moot then. I don't suppose you would want to trade the spear for something? We got some interesting things from the raid, rare animal materials and knowledge of the currents to the old sea.

For our favor could we have the ceremonial shields used for the fighting earlier or the best material for shields you have if you have some?

Shog says after the first pick is done.

Spoiler: Urgo Request
    Show

With your favor we would like to request something odd. We would like for you to make our dream chimera permanent. Recently we met a spirit that dwelled in the dreams of people who slept on an empty island and attacked those who went too deep. We would like something similar with the chimera.

If that is impossible, we would like to ask a question for your wisdom.

Spoiler: stone head
    Show

We wanted to thank you for your assistance with the dream competition. We didn't ask for it but we are more than happy to spend a favor in thanks for it.

We would like you to make a suit of leather armor from the Mother Lizard's hide. On top of calling in some of the favors, if the suit is particularly high quality equal, we are also willing to give some of the teeth from the Mother Lizard to you. Perfect for making a ceremonial tool or weapon.

Spoiler
    Show
    Used a favor to reward them helping us during the competition. Calling in how ever many favors are needed for them to make some leather armor as well as offering to give them one of the teeth if they make it at least equal to the quality of what we made.

Spoiler: Karrowmal Festival
    Show

"So was there something particular you wanted to do? Was hoping there would be some dueling, though with the grand hunt coming up it might be better just to prepare for that. " Iven says still smiling.

Spoiler: Giant in the Playground Hearthstone Champion
    Show

11. - Top - End - #71
    Troll in the Playground

Ratalan Tribe

Spoiler: Stone Flowers Island
    Show
    A Warrior, a Trader, and 3 Villagers attempt to climb the flowers using the ropes and ladders constructed earlier."

Spoiler: Wakasonee Island
    Show
    A Priest and 2 Warriors hesitantly go to greet the sorcerer, while a Trader and 3 villagers search for valuable resources.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Arono Tribe

Spoiler: The Groh
    Show
    Kilio joins the Groh at the beach, gesturing for them to come on land.

"Greetings Groh,

We are glad to see you and our new necklace thst will adorn the necks of our traders as they venture forth. We too have a desire to reach ththe Old Sea, along with all the other seas, however we have not made it there yet. We have just started to search the silver sea. We are willing to trade our knowledge but not until we have finished making sure we understand the Seas."

Show
    The remaining Arono look at the spirit determinedly, "We know the risks when we search the world for its sights and secrets. We won't balk at the lose of our kin no matter how cruel. We would offer barter though for their lives and your island secrets. We offer a festival and sacrifice to you spirits and your island. If not then we will settle for lives of kinsmen for your secrets."

Show
    The sailors will call out the strangely dressed people on top of the wall, telling them the truth of how they got there. Explaining the tablet and how it was acquired and the subsequent journey to get here.

"Would be allowed to see behknd the walls? We had not heard of you before and are very curious now. We could explain what we know of the world right now. We Arono tend to get around and see much during our adventures."

Show
    Aoa contemplates the invisible trickster before him. He nods to the two advising him and pulls out his Blue Shell that trapped the wind. "We will be cautious, make the circle after I have moved to the center and made sure to watch the mists too."

He calls out to the trickster "We Arono would never shirk a challange of wits, I accept!" He moves to the center of the Grove, holding his shell and praying to the island spirit for strength and guidance." (Using the mana invested in the journey)

However he holds the wind shell in his other hand, in case they need to retreat and blow away the mists.
    "Facilis Descensus Averni." - Virgil, The Aeneid

“Why would I want to win anything other than a beautiful game?” - Patrick Rothfuss, The Wise Man's Fear

13. - Top - End - #73
    Dwarf in the Playground

Arono Tribe

Show

“So shall it be then.” The spirits show Arono Tribe a way into a half-flooded cavern. It is an ancient shrine to Tamihira. Fishbone talismans adorn the walls in a message, whose meaning has been lost. A mural of the whale makes it unmistakable to whom the shrine belongs. The cavern is illuminated by blue light, from the strange plants in the water - long stems disappear into the cavern floor and at the end is a glowing globe, a translucent membrane, larger than a person’s head, inside which glowing seeds float.

An hour later, the bodies of the drowned warriors surface. The mood of tribe’s warriors turns grim and they grow lax in their duties.

Show

The giants beyond the wall seem perplexed by Arono’s offer. “We do not understand why you wish to travel and explore. Is your Island such bad place, that you don't wish to stay there? Is your Island God not to your liking, so you wish to avoid it’s company? And what is it for you, to find out, what’s beyond the wall. Are you seeking trade, so you want to see what goods we possess? Then you don’t need to cross the wall, we’ll gladly tell you.”

Show

“Well, well.” the invisible figure seems to dance in place, as evidenced by the movement of the box and impressions in earth. “I admit that I have been bored here. Now, you can name the terms of the contest.”

Ratalan Tribe

Spoiler: Stone-Flower Island
    Show

On the top of one of the platforms your traders and warriors discover strange wreckage - a giant basket in which several men can fit, a massive, torn leather sack and many ropes. In the middle of the wreckage is a deathly pale men - thin and wounded, but still alive. Was he left there by a giant? Furthermore, your traders discover a number of sorcerous items - a golden tube, a metal shell, and magically locked chest. Such things are often guarded by spirits and might bring a curse, if unconscious man is indeed a sorcerer.

There is Storm-Grass 2 growing on this and other Stone-Flowers.

Spoiler: Wakasonee Island
    Show

Sorcerer greets your men. “The survivors of the Godsplash. I greet you. What are you doing?”

Meanwhile, Trader and villagers do not return from their search for resources.

Hell’s Tribe

Ash Tribe

“Challenge Groh Tribe for the spear, if you desire it. Or we can make you a shield, as you request.”

Spoiler: Urgo
    Show

“A guard for your dreams. I shall grant you this miracle.”

Spoiler: Stone-Heads
    Show

Stone-Heads deliver a suit of Scaled Armor 3 (Yellow Eyes)

Korrowmal Festival

“It seems the other tribes have not come to partake in our generosity. Their fear of our must have been too great. Your Tribe has shown its strength - we invite you to sacrifice alongside us to the Great Gods. We shall show them our great strength and ridicule weakness of other Tribes.”

14. - Top - End - #74

Show
    Two Dreamers will watch over the dreams trying to find information.

Spoiler: Sailors
    Show
    1 Sailor and 1 Trader will explore the area around The Island of Fog and 2 Sailors will go try their luck with the whales.

Spoiler: Plymwitch Island
    Show
    The Trader will continue to look for interesting objects.

Show
    1 Priest will go to Pole Reef to see the man the sailors saw.

Spoiler: Mana & Curse
    Show
    I'll sacrifice 2 Mana to Luna to provide insight on the curse, 1 Priest and 1 Villager will try to find the creator of the curse and another way to lift it.

Spoiler: Building
    Show
    5 Villagers will build Hall of Weaving I.

Spoiler: Tribe
    Show

The Lunai

Renown: 4
    Mana: 5

Medium Tribe (53):
    Ruling: Dreamers (4)
    Elites: Sailor (4), Trader (2)
    Professionals: Priests (2), Craftsmen (2), Warriors (3)
    Villagers: 36
    Caste Upkeep: 17.5

Villagers in use:
    Repairing the damage from the storm (4)
    Blood Sacrifice (2)
    Helping (1)
    Building (5)
    Caste Upkeep (17.5)

Total: 31.5

Paragons:
    Farseer Taeg, Dreamer
    Wayfinder Gara, Sailor
    Stronghand Veia, Warrior

Food & Resources:
    Fisher(s): 3
    Gatherer(s): 2

Resources & Goods:
    Wood 4
    Food 0
    Feathered Headdress (1) 1
    Coral 1
    Grass Armor (1) 1
    Spear (1) 4
    Dream Fruit 1 (?)
    Coral Charm (?) 1

Buildings (2/5):
    Hall of Dreams I
    Outpost (Plymwitch Island)

Traits:
    Fog I
    Night's Secrets I
    ??? I (I'll unlock the new trait)
    Last edited by Book Wombat; 2019-12-03 at 01:41 PM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show