View Single Post

Thread: Tribes of Twelve Seas [IC]

1. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Tribes of Twelve Seas [IC]

Groh Tribe

Spoiler: Urgo’s Blessing
    Show

Urgo is willing to grant his blessing for a single expedition into the Sea of Dreams. As it’s a highly dangerous voyage, if Groh decide to do it, it’s recommended they have good seafaring equipment and are well prepared.

Spoiler: Groh Island
    Show

Groh Craftsmen produce: 1 Wooden Spear 2, 1 Wooden Spear 1, 1 Living-Stone Idol of Sacrifice 3.

Yida Stoneseer discovers writings on stone tablets of a prosperous, sea trading civilization. They crafted living statues of “three words”, but with time started to make statues of “one word”. What that means Stoneseer doesn’t know. They used special clay, mixed with earth from the heart of the Earth for their creations - once their sources nearby run out, they’ve started importing it. Eventually though, they found means to manufacture an alternative. The greatest project of that civilization was Colossus, a massive stone statue that stood at the harbor and greeted all arriving ships. It protected the city and in time of war marched against its enemies. By the time of the end of the civilization of the ancient men, they have abandoned the use of stone in their works and instead made statues of gold and silver, in human shape.

Yida carefully records her findings in Ancient Records of Stone I. More of the history likely lies under water, in the other parts of the city. But until the Groh’s island rises from the waves, they remain inaccessible.

Arono Tribe

Spoiler: Shell Island
    Show

Traders and Warriors swim in dark underwater caverns, trying to map out the twisting passages. It is an arduous task, one for which your group is poorly equipped. Local water spirits swim, observing the proceedings, but do not interfere. Then a group of warriors gets lost. They do not return to the surface. One of the spirits takes form of water snake and whispers - “They are trapped in a cavern with a pocket of air, that will run out soon. We can guide you to them. Or we can guide you to treasure. What do you choose?”

Spoiler: Silver Sea
    Show

The Silver Sea has its name from the silver mists that cover it. Navigation here would be all, but impossible, if you didn’t have a map of currents. The sailors mutter as they observe the mist clinging to the canoes. “In this place, no Gods or Spirits shall see us”.

As everything disappears in the mist, a sense of dread begins to weigh on everybody’s hearts. But Aoa Strongheart begins to sing the song of adventure, with Traders joining in and everybody ends up smiling as she finishes the last verse.

As expedition nears island, Sailors ask, where they should direct canoe. A good place of landing is half of the success. But with mist concealing everything, it’s impossible to tell a good landing from bad.
    As your party disembarks and walks on the island, the mists seem to recede. There, they find a small grove, surrounded by cliffs. A box made from red wood floats in the air… though Aoa Strongheart recognizes that somebody is actually carrying it - somebody invisible! The person - at least Aoa assumes it’s a person, for he speaks. “Ah. How did you find me! Here nobody should have found me! Even the Gods couldn’t have.” One of the Traders - Mauris the Keen speaks up ”You speak like a fugitive from the Gods”. The invisible person cackles. “Yes, that I am. I see no priests with you. So, perhaps you are not beholden to them. I come from the Island of Gods. They have thought me a fool, but I have outsmarted them. I have stolen their great treasure.” The box rattles in the air. “And here I hid, so they wouldn’t find me.” Again Mauris the Keen speaks “The island seems mostly barren, there’s little food here. How long have you been here.” The person answers “How long… It’s hard to tell time, one can’t see the sunrise or stars here. But my hunger, it is old.” Then his voice grows suspicious “But if you think to trade a mere fruit and fish for my bounty, you are mistaken! No… I shall not barter it away. But I can wager it - in a battle of wits! What say you? Do you desire this treasure?” The redwood box lifts in the air once more.

Mauris whispers to Aoa Strongheart. “His words of Isle of Gods ring true. Be careful with your words and choices, for I believe this man or spirit to be a trickster.” One of the gruffer sailors adds "With the villagers we took to this Expedition, we have enough to cover all escapes, if he decides to slink away. A human chain, so that we won't need to rely on sight"

(You can use Mana, Blessing of the Wind and choose your course of action You can affect any stage of your journey.)

Spoiler: Walled Island
    Show

(Sign of Favor is bonus to Equipment Score, though it’s a non-traditional equipment).

The Walled Island has a massive, earth wall around it. There is no higher ground beyond the wall. You do not see any gates or other entrances. Then you see somebody impossibly tall arrive to the wall. For a second you mistake them for a walking tree, as the top part you can see above the wall is covered with branches and leaves. But your group soon realizes it to be a strange, elaborate costume. Two more figures arrive and stand behind this one.

“Greeting sailors. What brings you to the Walled Island?” the figure speaks in a strange, loud voice.
    Last edited by Kessler; 2019-11-27 at 05:14 PM.