New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Graduates of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

"At least Illven had contributed some posts. Snowblaze, Dakrsidder, Batcathat, Persolus and Book Wombat I would watch. Especially Persolus, BatCatHat and Book Wombat"

Okay dropping the talking. But you can't deny that Persolus and BW both massively benefited from BCH's swap. And it is very very odd to not hear at all from Persolus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    I was afraid something like that regulation would show up. In the original game, if an innocent was killed at trial, everyone would get blackened, making black automatically win.
    That would make the game impossible here though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cazero View Post
    Hangout groups :
    Lounge : Snowblaze, bladescape, batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    Gym : Let'sGetKraken, Zelphas, Athedia, Mossdragon
    Cafeteria : nobody
    Sulking : darksidder, Book Wombat, Persolus
    Oh and interesting all 3 sulkers voted for Illven or benefited from the Illven swap. Just pointing it out. Also isn't it Dakrsidder? It has been spelled Darksidder is both of the recent posts.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Pixie in the Playground

So since Snowblaze, Darksidder, and Batcathat all voted for our dearly departed, it seems like one of them is blackened now? Do we know which one?

3. - Top - End - #63
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Athedia View Post
    Also isn't it Dakrsidder? It has been spelled Darksidder is both of the recent posts.
    Getting things mixed up with the Discord name.

Quote Originally Posted by MossDragon View Post
    So since Snowblaze, Darksidder, and Batcathat all voted for our dearly departed, it seems like one of them is blackened now? Do we know which one?
    No. Regulations are set in place at the start of the daily life phase, it wasn't active during the trial.
    Yes, I am slightly egomaniac. Why didn't you ask?

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    The world needs more platypi
    I wish you could be

Quote Originally Posted by Fyraltari
    Also this isn’t D&D, flaming the troll doesn’t help either.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Bugbear in the Playground

Right, forgot that we can talk at night.

Hesitantly giving Bat credit for actually making a choice. As he pointed out, in the case of a tie, narrator chooses who dies. And narrator will side with wolves when possible.

Yes he ended up voting town but there was at least a chance if he chose right. If there is a wolf between Book and Persolus, the others could just wait and not get any blood on their hands.

Oh and interesting all 3 sulkers voted for Illven or benefited from the Illven swap. Just pointing it out. Also isn't it Dakrsidder? It has been spelled Darksidder is both of the recent posts.
    I do feel like that's a bit of a chicken/egg thing. I was voting Book because he was sulking, which meant that he would benefit from anyone else being voted. I'm not giving any of them town credit, but the sulkers benefiting makes sense when a few of us wanted to go after them.

Anyway, numbers are interesting. I'm wondering if when it comes time to investigate tomorrow, we have the sulkers be the ones to try and find the killer's location. Either one of them will have to sabotage (proving a maf is in that group of 3) or we will get a location name.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Morning. Sorry Illven.

I don't think BCH's actions were particularly wolfy, ftr - if Persolus or Wombat flip wolf they definitely need scrutiny but even if they did choose town over a wolf there's nothing implausible about town!them just making the wrong decision. And they do get towncred for pointing out the tie thing rather than just staying quiet and hoping no-one else notices.

And not overly convinced by the sulkers-are-suspicious argument given the way things played out - the sulkers are exactly the players who didn't post except (for Wombat and Dakrsidder) in earlygame before people other than me declared hangout locations. Which... there's a decent chance of a wolf in that group purely by statistics, but I'd be surprised if there was more than one - if I were a wolf partnered with someone who hadn't declared a location I'd be poking them to do so asap to avoid being suspected for sulking.

...actually I should check who declared a location in a way that looked like it could be that, shouldn't I?
    I'm writing stuff, come and read it!
    Werewolf games won: 24
    Werewolf games lost: 14
    Games as town: 23.5
    Games as neutral: 5.5
    Games as wolf: 9
    Games narrated: 1
    Deaths: 17

Extended Signature

6. - Top - End - #66

Hangout groups :
    Lounge : Snowblaze, bladescape, batcathat, CaoimhinTheCape
    Gym : Let'sGetKraken, Zelphas, Athedia, Mossdragon
    Cafeteria : nobody
    Sulking : darksidder, Book Wombat, Persolus
    The other thing I might have expected mafia to have done is to spread out - if there are 3 maf and they all go to the Lounge, there is a very good chance they get caught if the investigation turns up Lounge.

On the other hand, if there's 1 at Lounge, 1 at Gym, and 1 Sulking then a real investigation gives us a 1 in 3 or 4 chance to find them, and they have a little wiggle room to live for a Day or two.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'm like, totally on the move right now, but my jet's running behind by, like, six hours (laaaaame).

So, are you seriously suggesting we have to choose a place to investigate like, right this second?

Ugh, it's such a bummer what went down with Illven, but let's be real, the chances of sniffing out a wolf on Day One were like, slim to none anyway. Let's just hope those voting patterns give us something to work with later.
    Loser of Total War: Rise of Kingdoms
    as
    The Astral Collective

Winner of Total War: Hanrui 3
    as
    The Four Courts of Hanrui/The Equinox League

Plausible Victor of Total War: Pricipia
    as
    The Chrysaorian Hegemony

8. - Top - End - #68

Snow is town to everyone's surprise
    "Trust bladescape, Shadow of Doubt,"

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

9. - Top - End - #69
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by CaoimhinTheCape View Post
    The other thing I might have expected mafia to have done is to spread out - if there are 3 maf and they all go to the Lounge, there is a very good chance they get caught if the investigation turns up Lounge.
    Speaking of spreading out, I wonder what the best spread for investigations is. On one hand, spreading out as much as possible so there's only one person per investigation would limit the wolves' ability to disrupt the investigations and a wolf investigating something couldn't claim their investigation was disrupted, forcing them to either lie (and potentially get caught) or share real information (if we do this setup, there probably won't be enough investigation targets this time, unless people have knowledge of some talents, in which case we'd have to figure out whether it's worth some people not investigating at all). On the other hand, some investigations are likely more useful than others, so it might make sense to have multiple people on them, even if it risks disruption.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Daily life 1 phase is over. Standby for narration.

- - - Updated - - -

You explore your surroundings and find out that the facility you're trapped in is just a bad copy of Hope's Peak Academy. Everything is smaller and crummier, there are cameras everywhere and there's no windows. Notably, where the door to leave the building should be, you find a massive security sas protected by automated gatling guns.

You split apart to discuss the events, vent, and maybe find out more about Monokuma and his alleged murderers. Someone must have been careless, as the bear's voice is being broadcasted in the facility...
    "A body has been discovered !"

Right outside of view from the gym, Let'sGetKraken's body lays down in a puddle of blood.

Monokuma shows up once you're all gathered.
    "Right on to business ! I suppose you will want to investigate now? I'll see you in court when you're done."

The possible investigation targets are the crime scene of Let'sGetKraken, and the alibis from the lounge and the gym.

- - - Updated - - -

Deadly Life 1 phase has started and will end in about 24 hours.
    Last edited by Cazero; 2024-05-02 at 02:35 PM.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

11. - Top - End - #71

Investigation
    As a deadly life action, each player can conduct an investigation by declaring publicly what they want to focus on. They can investigate the crime scene of a body that was announced at the start of the phase, the alibis of players in a hangout location, or the whereabouts of any Ultimate talent they can name.
    Your investigation declarations should be made in bold blue.
    As a deadly life action, players may disrupt the investigation they declared instead by informing the narrator on their private chat. This will block all investigations of the declared target for this phase.
    When investigating a crime scene, you trace the killing action and you randomly learn the hangout location of the killer or the name of their Black talent, unless they were sulking or your investigation was disrupted.
    When investigating alibis, you trace the daily life action(s) of a random player hanging out in the chosen location and learn the name(s) of their target(s), unless your investigation was disrupted.
    When investigating the whereabouts of an Ultimate talent, you trace their daily life action associated with that talent and randomly learn their hangout location or the name of their target, unless they did no action associated with that talent, they were sulking, or your investigation was disrupted.
    When several players conduct the same investigation, they will always learn different information from each other if possible.
    You can redirect or cancel your investigation by declaring a new one.[/SPOILER]

Player list :
    • Snowblaze
    • Zelphas
    • Dakrsidder
    • Book Wombat
    • bladescape
    • Batcathat
    • CaoimhinTheCape
    • Athedia
    • MossDragon
    • Persolus
    OK, so everyone declares what they're investigating, then privately anyone (read: wolves) can disrupt the investigation. So our options are

• Investigate Crime Scene (gives killer's location or name of black talent)
    • Investigate Lounge Alibis (gives target of random player at lounge)
    • Investigate Gym Alibis (gives target of random player at lounge)

Would it make sense for people to investigate their own location (lounge and gym are obvious, sulkers investigate crime scene)?

Or do we just put one or two trusted people on the Crime scene and make sure no one else investigates that?

12. - Top - End - #72
    Ogre in the Playground

Would it make sense for people to investigate their own location (lounge and gym are obvious, sulkers investigate crime scene)?

Or do we just put one or two trusted people on the Crime scene and make sure no one else investigates that?
    I'm leaning towards the latter for the previously mentioned reasons, though I feel like we're kinda short on trusted people. I have some townleans but nothing close to solid.

Kraken seems like an odd choice to kill, assuming he's a wolf kill (which seems the most likely, though far from certain. If it's a vig or some murderous neutral, I suppose any investigation might lead us in the wrong direction). Or maybe not, I didn't get anyone to join me in voting him, after all, so maybe he was more townread than I thought?

13. - Top - End - #73

2 people investigate the kill.
    3 investigate alibis each

8 total reduces the potential for wolves to sabotage.

The kill investigators should be biggest townreads.

Snow + Cao for me

- - - Updated - - -

Next phase should be 2/2/2

My almighty and all knowing extended Signature lies HERE! Now includes awesome quotes!

14. - Top - End - #74
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Going to get the jump on the investigation, then. Since the crime scene seems to be the one that people want the most trustworthy ones to be on (at least from what I'm seeing), and since I'm not on that list, I'll go ahead and Investigate the Lounge Alibis. I was in the gym earlier in the day, so I may not get much from investigating there.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show

15. - Top - End - #75

Investigate Crime Scene

16. - Top - End - #76

I will Investigate the Gym

17. - Top - End - #77
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    Going to get the jump on the investigation, then. Since the crime scene seems to be the one that people want the most trustworthy ones to be on (at least from what I'm seeing), and since I'm not on that list, I'll go ahead and Investigate the Lounge Alibis. I was in the gym earlier in the day, so I may not get much from investigating there.
    I was thinking the same thing about the crime scene, but now I'm not sure. With the crime scene investigation we could learn one of the killer's talents (potentially useful later, but won't catch anyone right now) or hangout location, but with the way people were spread out, knowing that there was a wolf in location X (or sulking) won't probably isn't that immediately helpful either. Meanwhile, checking alibis could potentially lead to finding someone who targeted Kraken. What are other people's thoughts on this?

That said, our current strategy might still be for the best, since we certainly don't have enough trusted people to check every alibi.

I will Investigate the Gym
    Do we know that you can't accidentally check your own alibi? If not, it might be best to investigate locations we weren't at.

Which in my case means Investigate the Gym.

18. - Top - End - #78
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Sorry, today is even more crazily busy than usual so I will not have time to come up with a mechanical plan.

Guess that means I will stick to the existing one and investigate the crime scene.

Extended Signature

19. - Top - End - #79

I shall investigate the gym

20. - Top - End - #80

If Athediia swaps I'll check Gym, otherwise I might be relegated to investigating my own location.

And at that point it just feels like stalking myself.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Pixie in the Playground

(small note - I'm gonna do what I can, but I'm finding this game format on a forum to be difficult to follow and use, especially since I can't find the colored text on the mobile browser. I assumed it'd be more discord based 😅)

So I'm wanting to help how I can. Zelphas mentioned having trustworthy people do the crime scene and not being one, and as my name hasn't really been in anyone's mouth either way. It was also mentioned that investigating locations might give your own information, and while I personally think that's unlikely I'm willing to investigate the lounge since that's the last option I got. Unless investigating alibis and locations is different things. 😵*💫

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

(small note - I'm gonna do what I can, but I'm finding this game format on a forum to be difficult to follow and use, especially since I can't find the colored text on the mobile browser. I assumed it'd be more discord based 😅)
    Do you have any other ways to make your declaration stand out on mobile? Maybe bolding?

Also, if something isn't clear about what info you can expect from an investigation, feel free to ask.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

23. - Top - End - #83

OK, so everyone declares what they're investigating, then privately anyone (read: wolves) can disrupt the investigation. So our options are

• Investigate Crime Scene (gives killer's location or name of black talent)
    • Investigate Lounge Alibis (gives target of random player at lounge)
    • Investigate Gym Alibis (gives target of random player at lounge)

I was going off of this, but sure I can change.

Quote Originally Posted by bladescape View Post
    If Athediia swaps I'll check Gym, otherwise I might be relegated to investigating my own location.

And at that point it just feels like stalking myself.
    1 i

also Investigate the Lounge

So I'm wanting to help how I can. Zelphas mentioned having trustworthy people do the crime scene and not being one, and as my name hasn't really been in anyone's mouth either way. It was also mentioned that investigating locations might give your own information, and while I personally think that's unlikely I'm willing to investigate the lounge since that's the last option I got. Unless investigating alibis and locations is different things. 😵*💫
    I usually use mobile in the desktop layout, you would be able to find it there. But also try quoting someone who uses the BB code and just copying (replacing the name). That also works!

24. - Top - End - #84
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

pokes in

I normally just handle colours by typing out the bbcode for them. For instance red text is [color=red ]name of person you're voting[/color ] except remove the spaces before the ]. And bolding things is [b ] [/b ] similarly.

Should probably have actual thoughts, but crazily busy - once D2 proper starts and we have investigation results I will actually start hunting wolves.

Extended Signature

25. - Top - End - #85

Heya, was a bit busy but I'm still here.
    ––
    Crime scene: CaoimhinTheCape and Snowblaze
    Lounge Alibis: Zelphas and Athedia
    Gym Alibis: Batcathat and Dakrsidder

So I guess I'll just lounge a little for now.
    Fleeting dreams of paper wings.

Discord: bookwhyrm, feel free to DM.

Book Wombat's Extended Signature

Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler
    Show
    -. --- - / -- ..- -.-. .... / .... . .-. .

26. - Top - End - #86
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

Deadly life 1 phase is over, please wait for narration.

- - - Updated - - -

Investigation groups :
    Let'sGetKraken's crime scene : CaoimhinTheCape and Snowblaze
    Lounge alibis : Zelphas, Athedia, MossDragon and Book Wombat
    Gym alibis : Batcathat, Dakrsidder

Once you've finished your meager investigations, you gather once more in the underground courtroom. Monokuma awaits you.
    "Hello again, my dear graduates, and welcome in court ! This trial is held to avenge Let'sGetKraken, who was the Ultimate Diva."
    You are the Ultimate Diva
    You trace every action targeting you and learn who the perpetrators were.
    "Let me remind you that the first trial proceedings were a bit longer than usual as a curtesy on my part. You won't get quite as much time to deliberate this time, but I believe it is more than generous enough. Especially considering the investigation I let you conduct."
    "Now, let the procedings begin !"

Trial 1 phase begins and will end in 48 hours.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

27. - Top - End - #87

Investigation
    As a deadly life action, each player can conduct an investigation by declaring publicly what they want to focus on. They can investigate the crime scene of a body that was announced at the start of the phase, the alibis of players in a hangout location, or the whereabouts of any Ultimate talent they can name.
    Your investigation declarations should be made in bold blue.
    As a deadly life action, players may disrupt the investigation they declared instead by informing the narrator on their private chat. This will block all investigations of the declared target for this phase.
    When investigating a crime scene, you trace the killing action and you randomly learn the hangout location of the killer or the name of their Black talent, unless they were sulking or your investigation was disrupted.
    When investigating alibis, you trace the daily life action(s) of a random player hanging out in the chosen location and learn the name(s) of their target(s), unless your investigation was disrupted.
    When investigating the whereabouts of an Ultimate talent, you trace their daily life action associated with that talent and randomly learn their hangout location or the name of their target, unless they did no action associated with that talent, they were sulking, or your investigation was disrupted.
    When several players conduct the same investigation, they will always learn different information from each other if possible.
    You can redirect or cancel your investigation by declaring a new one.
    Alright, I got no information, which means there's a wolf within darksidder, Book Wombat, Persolus, CaoimhinTheCape, and Snowblaze (first three sulking, last two if there was interference).

I'm very paranoid I'm wrong about snow but I think we vote within this group today, and I'll start it with Vote: Book Wombat

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Confirming that I got no information from investigating the crime scene, and agreeing with Caoimhin's analysis of what that means.

I'm... decently confident in my Caoimhin townread I think, and I'd definitely say "there's a wolf in Dakrsidder/Book Wombat/Persolus" is significantly more likely than "Caoimhin is a wolf".

Will wait until we get feedback from other locations + I've skimmed through a few ISOs before voting.

Extended Signature

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ogre in the Playground

HalflingRogueGuy

"It slipped my mind, but Let'sGetKraken was indeed part of the White team."

As for investigation results, since I expect the question to show up : there are multiple possible reasons to get nothing, and you can't tell them apart.

Free haiku !
    Alas, poor Cookie
    I wish you could be

30. - Top - End - #90

Deadly life 1 phase is over, please wait for narration.

- - - Updated - - -

Investigation groups :
    Let'sGetKraken's crime scene : CaoimhinTheCape and Snowblaze
    Lounge alibis : Zelphas, Athedia, MossDragon and Book Wombat
    Gym alibis : Batcathat, Dakrsidder

Once you've finished your meager investigations, you gather once more in the underground courtroom. Monokuma awaits you.
    "Hello again, my dear graduates, and welcome in court ! This trial is held to avenge Let'sGetKraken, who was the Ultimate Diva."

"Let me remind you that the first trial proceedings were a bit longer than usual as a curtesy on my part. You won't get quite as much time to deliberate this time, but I believe it is more than generous enough. Especially considering the investigation I let you conduct."
    "Now, let the procedings begin !"

Trial 1 phase begins and will end in 48 hours.
    I got no information either. And it concerns me a lot that BatCatHat and Dakrsidder are in the same group there. They were both people I have existing suspicion of.