New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 20 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default Brotherhood WW: Victorian Age

Brotherhood WW: Victorian Age

The Inspector gingerly walked around the bodies, careful to avoid tampering with the evidence.

"More Ripper murders, sir?" his sergeant asked, trodding into the small room like a bull in a china shop.

"Looks like it could be," the inspector answered, gesturing for the young man to be more careful, "the bodies certainly match his M.O. Throat cut, organs removed, all the class of a butcher, but with the anatomical knowledge of a surgeon; however, something's not quite right. The Ripper's never taken four lives before, and never in the same bloody room. All the previous deaths have been solitary and poor, and this... well, the London Baker's Club? Why would he target such a group?"

"Don't know, his sergeant answered, as he began to rifle through a desk at the back of the office, "could be they made him some bad biscuits, Inspector? Come to think, though, awfully strange club-house this is, for a baking club. No kitchen, no cookbooks, nothing of the sort. Just old maps of England, all marked up, and books about... what is this, occult nonsense? Here, look at this one, The Lesser Key of Solomon... Blimey, why would a baker need that?"

The inspector kneeled down, staring intently at one of the cadavers. A young woman, muscles well toned, clothes of a nice quality, not what a poor baker would wear.
    "I think, the Inspector breathed, "that this is going to be a very interesting case."

Roles:
    Spoiler
    Show

Spoiler: Village
    Show

I have modified some of the roles I used in the last game, to be needlessly more complex and crazier. Enjoy.

Londoners (Villager): Just your average town citizen, their only strength is their vote for the lynch. They spend their nights indoors, fearing a visit from The Ripper.

Constables (Masons-Baners): The Constables of London are the more senior officers in the city's police force. They plan to stop the Ripper and his murders through tight teamwork and communication. Every night, the group selects a target to bane and protect from Ripper murders, by having a stakeout of the resident's home. To expand on the role from the last game, instead of the bane no longer functioning entirely once two constables have died, all members will still possess the ability to bane even if they are the sole member remaining; however, the chance of the bane being successful will decrease significantly with each Constable removed. The percentage it declines will be based on the number of players, and thus the number of masons, and only the masons will be aware of the exact number, as it will be posted in their QT. Unlike the first game, the constables CAN bane themselves; however, they can not bane the same constable again until they have baned every Constable. (an idea suggested by Disc Lorde at the end of the last game, thank you DL).

The Brotherhood Survivor (Vigilante): The only surviving member of London's Brotherhood chapter, this individual was out on a supply run when the wolves attacked. While the rest of London fears a serial killer, they know what is REALLY responsible for the deaths of their comrades, and they are intent on having their vengeance. Armed with a revolver, a silver dagger, and a pocketful of silver bullets, this determined individual stalks the streets, looking for the Wolves. Every night, The Brotherhood Survivor may choose and slay a target, unless chosen target is baned. This action has a night cooldown, so at most The Survivor may use this action every other night. If The Brotherhood Survivor slays the Secret Brotherhood Contact, I will roll a d6. On a 2-5, the Survivor will toss aside their weapons out of remorse, and lose their Night Kill. On a 6, the Survivor will consider this an acceptable loss, and continue as normal. On a 1, the Survivor will be driven mad with guilt, and turn the revolver on themselves.

Sherlock Holmes (Seer): One of the best members of Scotland Yard, and the United Kingdom's greatest detective, Holmes has been dispatched to hunt down the Ripper and end these murders. Holmes will be able to spend each night phase making deductions regarding their chosen target, and will receive an accurate result regarding the target's alignment, either Town, or Wolf.

Dr. John H. Watson(Fool): Watson has always admired his brilliant and perceptive friend, Sherlock, and has done his best to be as deductive. Sadly, he often falls short. However, it is only through working with Watson that Holmes' full potential will be realized. Watson will start the game being told that they are Holmes. Every night, Watson may choose a target and attempt to deduce their alignment; however, his attempts are not reliable and Watson will be given a random result.

The Secret Brotherhood Contact: A member of a brotherhood chapter from York, this brotherhood member has learned of the demise of the London Chapter, and also that one of the members survived, and is desperately searching for them. Each night, the Brotherhood Contact gets a pseudo-scry on a target of their choice. This pseudo-scry will inform the Contact if the target is the Survivor, or is not, and nothing else. The Secret Brotherhood Contact desires that their organization remains secret. If the Secret Brotherhood Contact reveals their role to anyone, publicly or privately, with the exception of privately to the Survivor once confirmed with their ability, the Contact will be auto-lynched. If the Contact makes their role obvious, such as by publicly explaining that they can not role claim, or else they'll be auto lynched, than they shall be auto lynched. Once the Contact has located the Survivor with their ability, this requirement no longer applies.

Town wins when all wolves are lynched or slain.

Spoiler: Wolves
    Show

Wolf: Malevolent spirits taking the form of wolves at night and men in day. Each night, they choose a target in the town to slay.

Mammon (Devil): A particularly powerful spirit of wealth and greed which preys on the city of London. Though not of the same ilk as the Wolves, their goals are aligned. Each night, Mammon may choose a target and divine their true role, not just their alignment.Mammon's scries may cause interference, the interference that Mammon receives shall be of the Helgraf variety, meaning that Mammon shall received a result of "No Result," instead of an unreliable scry. Mammon starts the game disconnected from the wolves, but if Mammon chooses a wolf for its scry, or if the wolves target Mammon with their night kill, the two will be connected.

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde (Disguiser/Beast): A once brilliant scientist, Dr. Jekyll has come under the belief that humans would progress much faster if they were divorced from troublesome emotions, and has created a potion that lets him take on an alter ego as Mr. Hyde, a little, terrible man that cares not for others. The wolves have promised the good doctor much power if he aides them, and he has agreed. At the end of each night phase, this player may pm the narrator which role they would like to be for the following day phase and partnered night phase, Dr. Jekyll (Disguiser) or Mr. Hyde (Beast). Once chosen, they cannot switch until the following night, and if they do not choose a new role by the end of each night phase, they will simply remain as whichever role they chose last. The default selection is Dr. Jekyll, if the player never PMs the narrator at all. If the player chooses Dr. Jekyll, they will be able to act as the Disguiser the next night phase, changing one target's alignment to appear as any alignment they choose to any onlookers. If they select Mr. Hyde (Beast), then if they are lynched or slain in the night, Mr. Hyde will take of his foes down with him.

The Ripper (Alpha): The leader of the pack, the Ripper is not a mortal serial killer at all, but an ancient Wolf, finally reformed from his last clash with the Brotherhood. This wolf is so powerful they fully take on the guise of a human, causing their alignment to be displayed always as Londoner, regardless of who scries them; however, if both Holmes and Watson work together, and if both scry the Ripper in the same night phase, and survive long enough to receive the result, they will learn the Ripper's true identity. The Ripper has a particular hatred for the Brotherhood, and will receive a partial or bonus win if they live long enough to see both The Brotherhood Survivor and The Secret Brotherhood Contact slain, regardless of the final outcome of the game.

The wolves win when the number of remaining wolves are equal or greater than the remaining villagers.

Spoiler: Neutral
    Show

There will also be two secret neutral roles whose details will not be listed here. There will not be more than two, but these roles are dependent on player total and may be cut if there is not enough players.

Rules:
    Spoiler
    Show
    This is a game of Werewolf, using mostly normal rules which can be found in WW Central.
    PMs and private Qts are okay, but CC me in all game-related communication between players, please.
    There is no majority needed for a lynch, the player with the most votes at the end of the day phase will be lynched. If a tie results, the first person to reach the tied number will be lynched.
    Days will last 48 hours, Nights will last 48 hours. Updates will normally take place between 10-10:30 PST.
    Discussing the game in thread during the night phase is disallowed. Jokes, RP, private communication, etc is okay, but no "Just in-case I get killed tonight, here's my reads on X, Y, Z," etc, etc.
    Players who do not vote in the day phase for three consecutive days will be auto-lynched at the end of the third consecutive day. Just so people are aware of what to expect from me, I will NOT PM warnings. I will, however, include a list of people who have missed day phases with each day update.
    The Ramsus rule of Scry Interference is in effect: Accurate scry roles (Seer,) will get a random result when interfered, inaccurate roles (Fool) will get an accurate result.
    RPing is encouraged, and will be mechanically rewarded on occasion. No sharing of any official Narrator QTs or PMs.
    Balance may not be perfect. I intend to run more games in the future, so at the end of the game I heartily encourage any constructive criticism you may wish to give me. This is not an Alpha pick game, roles are assigned randomly. There is also an order of night-actions, and that is Bane->Vigilante Kill->Wolf Kill->Disguise->Scries. The target of the scry and the scrier must both survive to receive a scry result. If the wolves target the vigilante in the same night round that the vigilante sends a kill, the kill will still go through. And finally, the most important rule of all: This is just a game, act accordingly.

Spoiler: Player List
    Show
    Player Role Died
    Xihirli Avatar of Wuji Burst Day One
    Indarra Londoner Arrested Day Four
    Libro Constable Survived
    Tanar Aerdoth Londoner Slain Night One
    Eggel/AvatarVecna Londoner Made a False Confession Day Eight
    Basket of Xihirli Wolf Revealed and Escaped Day Seven
    Kish The Ripper Finally stopped Day Eleven.
    Pelican Mammon Impaled Day Nine
    Duck999 Constable Survived
    Silent_Interim Londoner Slain Night One
    Ramsus Sherlock Holmes Killed in a battle of wits Night Four
    Murska Constable Killed by Mr. Hyde Day Five
    Thematthew Dr. John H. Watson Murdered Night Two
    Fleeing Coward Mr. Hyde Shot by Inspector Barnaby Day Five
    The Phantom Brotherhood Survivor Lynched Day Three
    Disc Lorde The Secret Brotherhood Contact Consumed by his True Enemy Night Nine
    flat_footed Avatar of Yin and Yang was slain by a demented cousin Night Ten
    Syldar/Cuthalion Londoner Made another false confession Day Ten
    Yumori Zatsuken Londoner Arrested Day Two
    Generic-Guy Londoner Survived
    jellyfishbear Londoner Killed in a Riot Day Five
    autolycusfel Londoner Murdered Night Six
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-09-25 at 02:58 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Brotherhood WW: Victorian Age

Yes. This seems very safe.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Orc in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Unfortunately I cannot sign up since I will have zero internet access from the 21st-31st, but-
    Shame on you for not including the Baker Street Irregulars!
    That is all.
    Spoiler
    Show

Gone like the wind.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

Chimera

I would like to be in.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Barbarian in the Playground

I'll tentatively throw my hat into the ring.
    I have college prep/move-in this month, so posting may be light.

6. - Top - End - #6

Sign me up.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

I remember the first Brotherhood WW ... that was intense.

Definitely in.

8. - Top - End - #8
    Halfling in the Playground

School's about to start, but I've no other games to take part in, so I'll join.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

9. - Top - End - #9
    Colossus in the Playground

I'm interested in this.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Pixie in the Playground

I'll be in, as with everyone else, it may be tough once the semester starts, but I think I can squeeze one more game into this summer.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ogre in the Playground

Let's do this (in)!

One suggestion: rather than have Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde pick role at the beginning of the day phase, why not make it the night before that they decide? Unless you want them to have 24 hours to see if they are a lynhc target...
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

12. - Top - End - #12

I'm in, for sure. Hopefully I don't die as a wolf immediately this time.

Also, it seems very unfair that the Contact can't even say that they can't roleclaim. What if they're, y'know, asked to roleclaim? They have no good choice there. They can't roleclaim, they can't say that they can't roleclaim, and if they don't do either of those they'll almost certainly get lynched. So if the wolves know who the contact is, they can just be like "Well, roleclaim" and essentially guarantee that thye Contact gets lynched.
    I go by them/they/their pronouns, but I'm comfortable with he/him/his or she/her/hers.

Spoiler: STUFFS
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    Yes... continue ignoring me... exactly as planned
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    'Kay! Ignoring a ninja never hurt anyone.

Being terrible at being a wolf since always.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Yes. This seems very safe.
    Can I take that as you being in?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Socks View Post
    Unfortunately I cannot sign up since I will have zero internet access from the 21st-31st, but-
    Shame on you for not including the Baker Street Irregulars!
    That is all.
    I'm sure a nod may show up in a narration or two.

Let's do this (in)!

One suggestion: rather than have Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde pick role at the beginning of the day phase, why not make it the night before that they decide? Unless you want them to have 24 hours to see if they are a lynhc target...
    Actually, the 24 hour limit was to make sure they wouldn't be able to swap in as beast at the last minute, but you're right, it makes more sense for that to be the done in the night. Will likely update that.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_Interim View Post
    I'm in, for sure. Hopefully I don't die as a wolf immediately this time.

Also, it seems very unfair that the Contact can't even say that they can't roleclaim. What if they're, y'know, asked to roleclaim? They have no good choice there. They can't roleclaim, they can't say that they can't roleclaim, and if they don't do either of those they'll almost certainly get lynched. So if the wolves know who the contact is, they can just be like "Well, roleclaim" and essentially guarantee that thye Contact gets lynched.
    Since they're the only role that can't role claim, stating that they can't role-claim is essentially role-claiming. There is nothing to stop them from claiming vanilla villager, but the thematic idea is that the Contact is meant to find the Survivor and network with them privately, not to serve as yet another avenue to increase town's network, which already has the chance of being beefy with masons that are also baners. If the role really works out poorly, I'll change it in a later game, but I'd like to see how a role that must be kept secret plays out.

Edit: I guess what I'm saying is that they CAN role-claim, just not as their actual role.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-08-14 at 01:53 PM.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by norman250 View Post
    Actually, the 24 hour limit was to make sure they wouldn't be able to swap in as beast at the last minute, but you're right, it makes more sense for that to be the done in the night. Will likely update that.
    If you do, make sure to let them pick before the game begins so they have a role day/night 1.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Can I take that as you being in?
    Yes. Yes you can.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

I think it might be a bit much that Mammon can't get scry interference and gets to see through disguises.

Also, who's this Rasmus guy?

17. - Top - End - #17
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I think it might be a bit much that Mammon can't get scry interference and gets to see through disguises.

Also, who's this Rasmus guy?

Rasmus? I don't have the slightest idea what you mean. Also, the Mammon rule was to help compensate for the fact that they start disconnected, but I'll consider changing it before the game starts.

18. - Top - End - #18

Can the contact's pseudo-scry cause interference, and is it subject to interference?

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Libro View Post
    Can the contact's pseudo-scry cause interference, and is it subject to interference?
    No. The only scries which can cause interference are the Seer, Fool, and Devil.

I have decided to allow the Devil's scries to be interfered with, with one caveat; the interference the Devil receives will Helgraf's interference. Meaning the Devil will simply get a result of "No result," instead of a random scry.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-08-14 at 03:48 PM.

20. - Top - End - #20

Can the Survivor reveal the identity of the Contact?

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Tanar Aerdoth View Post
    Can the Survivor reveal the identity of the Contact?
    Yes, the Survivor is under no such restrictions.

Edit: which means I'll probably just drop the requirement once the Contact locates the Survivor.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-08-14 at 04:15 PM.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

I'm joining.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Orc in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Dibs. I mean not out. By which I mean in.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Bugbear in the Playground

Count me in.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLaughingMan View Post
    He's Fleeing Coward. The man could be a cookie-baking, cancer-stricken orphan kitten and still look like a reasonable suspect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    I would advise people not to trust FC just on principle. Even if he's on your team, confirmed by the narrator.

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Glad to see so many faces from the first one, as well as the new faces.

Edit: New to this game series, that is. Ironically most of the "new faces" are actually very old forum members.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-08-15 at 04:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

I'm not *that* old.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

You're also not new to the series, silly, you were in the first one.
    Last edited by norman250; 2016-08-16 at 10:33 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28

You're also not new to the series, silly, you were in the first one.
    Was I?

I was!

Huh.

Extended Sig

29. - Top - End - #29
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

To be fair, I believe you were a D2 lynch, and had missed most of day 1 and 2 due to being busy, which may be why you don't remember.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

To be fair, I believe you were a D2 lynch, and had missed most of day 1 and 2 due to being busy, which may be why you don't remember.
    If I had to come up with a word for how dead you were...

Cadavariffic.
    Show