New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 43 123456789101126 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Angel in the Playground Moderator

Default Turf War - GAME ENDED

Red's Journal

This is our Street. There are a lot of things we are not sure of, how long we will be able to hold it, who our enemies are, and where they came from. But one thing we know. This is our Street. Our Turf.

They call me Lil' Red. I haven't been in this town for as long as some of the others, but no one denies that this is where I truly belong. I may not be the smartest, or the strongest, or the fastest, but this is where I belong. And if someone tries to take our turf? Well, me and my .38 Special will have something to say about it.

And so will my friends.

Good old Double B. He won't let them in. I'd trust him with my life and know it would be in good hands. In the middle of any street fight he would be the last thing his enemies ever saw... their dead bodies covered in yellow feathers.

Da C? Nothing will get past him. None of those bastards will lay a hand on us as long as he keeps a lookout for us. And with Double B by his side no one will put one finger on his blue fur.

And there's Amphibian. Why he's the meanest of them all. It's said his skin is actually green, but I wouldn't know. I've never seen him not covered in red.

We don't know exactly what they are or where they came from. Those hideous creatures.... the Tubbers, they call them. With their antennae sticking out of their horrible heads and those disgusting things on their stomachs that they communicated with. A strange race with stranger customs still. Rumors say that every day they would gather around a plastic wheel that spun with the wind and worship it like some pagan god. Others say they were led by a Deity coming from the sun. And yet others say they owned some kind of beast in their lair... that would devour anything in sight. A beast they couldn't control.

The thought sickens me. And as I sit here with my hand trembling, my other hand holding on to my loaded weapon... I wonder who of us will come back. But it doesn't matter. Because in the end we'll prevail.

This is our Street.

RULES:

Spoiler
    Show
    Wolf roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    The Wink (Alpha Wolf): The mysterious Wink leads the team of Tubbers to take over the enemy turf. His equipment, carried with him at all times, makes him able to pass for a regular streetman. Scries as a villager.

The Sun (Devil): This enigmatic entity has been an object of fascination for the tubbers for ages. From his position above the Earth he can see the roles of anyone. The Sun can scry one person per night.

The Green Hatter (Beast): This gentleman Tubber is always well-dressed. His hat won’t budge no matter what, and he’s so fond of it, he’s been known to write songs about it. When the Hatter gets killed, he will designate one person to go down with him.

Tubbers (Wolves): Strange creatures from another planet, the Tubbers have a strange way of communicating with each other through transmissions through their antennae. Standard wolf role.

Villager roles:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Da C, Mon (Seer): It’s said he can C everything. This well-known and respected member of the gang can instantly recognize anyone as friend or foe. Da C can scry one person per night.

Double B (Baner): This massive yellow-feathered man is known for being loyal and protective to all those he holds close. Using his great size he can protect any one person from being killed per night.

Lil' Red (Fool): He’s young and happy, but he’s naïve. He can scry one person at night, but will get a random result instead of an accurate scry. Lil’ Red will be told he’s the Da C by the narrator.

Amphibian (Invincible Llama): It’s not easy being mean. Having led a hard life avoiding his enemies, he has come to know how to escape to save himself. Amphibian will survive the first kill attempt made at him (not counting lynching).

The Accountant (Emperor): The Accountant knows how to make his opinions count. His vote counts as two.

The Extraterrestrials (Masons): Strange creatures of blue and pink who moved to the neighborhood and became an accepted part of it. They may not know who is or isn’t to be trusted, but at least they know each other to be trustworthy. The Extraterrestrials start the game knowing each other.

B&E (Lovers): Breaking and Entering. It is not known exactly what kind of relationship these two have, but what everyone knows is that you can’t have one without the other. If either one of these two players is killed or lynched, the other one will die as well.

Streetmen: This is our street, and we will defend it no matter what. Standard villager role.

Neutral:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Groucho: A grumpy old man with no allegiances to either side. He would rather sit this one out, as long as no one drags him into it. Groucho will join the team of whichever scrier scries him first, even if it’s the fool. Groucho will be informed when this happens by the narrator. The second person to scry Groucho will be given a Wolf/Villager scry depending on who the first person was. The fool will get a random scry result if he is not the first person to scry Groucho. If Groucho isn’t scried, his goal remains as “survival”.
    If Groucho is recruited by either team, he gets a one-time free scry.

RULES:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Helgraf’s scry interference rule will be in effect. This means that if two or more scriers scry the same player on the same night, the scry will fail. The scriers will be given no information other than “scry failed” (They will not be informed whether the other scrier was the Da C, Lil' Red, Groucho, the Sun, or a combination of them.)

Da C will see only the allegiance of the person scried (Team Street/Team Tubber), not the precise role. The Sun will see the exact role.

A person who does not vote for three consecutive game days will be auto-lynched.

All role PMs will look exactly like this: “You are a(n) [ROLE].”

NARRATORS: Haruki-Kun and Wolfbane

Players 43/40 (As of post 115. If your name is not on the list and you signed up before then, post again or PM me.):
    Spoiler
    Show
    {table=head]Player List
    banjo1985
    Lord Herman
    Skippy
    The Phantom
    Basket of Puppies
    Jacklu
    Lex-Kat
    Count Dingdong
    Ramsus
    Cuthalion
    LoP
    Nonayer
    C'nor
    Reinholdt
    Murska
    Zjoot
    Recaiden
    Penguinator
    Yumori123
    The Fiery Tower
    Gnrlshrimp
    EmeraldRose
    Meta
    DoctorWhooves
    Zar Peter
    Diva De
    Fleeing Coward
    Abhorsen
    Bunny of Faith
    52.5 Lemons
    bladescape
    Grue Bait
    Fan
    Disc Lorde
    BitterMelonFarm
    Duck999
    Legato Endless
    Gray Mage
    Chessgeek
    DarkLightDragon
    reaverb
    Thadria
    Dallas-Dakota[/table]

GAME BEGINS FEB. 24, 2014!

New to Werewolf games? Read this!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Werewolf Games, commonly abbreviated as WW, are strategy games, where the players have to lie, trick, deceive and backstab as much as they possibly can.

The game works like this: Werewolf players are given a role via Private Message. This role is secret and is only known to the player and the narrators. The premise is to keep that role secret from the rest of the players.

There are two basic teams: The Wolves and the Villagers. The Villagers have as their winning condition to find out who among them are Wolves. Since everyone's role is a secret, it takes a while of guesswork and strategy to manage this. The Wolves, on the other hand, have as their goal to hide among the Villagers and make the villagers suspect each other while surviving until they eliminate enough villagers so that the villager number equals their own. (e.g. four Villagers left with four Wolves left in the game means the Wolves won)

The game is divided in two Phases: The Day Phase and the Night Phase. During the Day Phase, everyone, Wolves and Villagers alike, point at someone to vote on who is going to be lynched that day. As a general rule, this is done by writing the person's name in red text. The player with the most votes will be lynched, that is to say eliminated from the game. Day Phases generally last 48 real-time hours.

The Night Phase is for stuff that happens under the table. Some people have roles other than simple "Villager" and "Wolf". I'll get to specifics in a moment. People with these special roles usually have "night actions" that require targeting a certain player. This is done by PM'ing the narrator with the action. During the Night Phase, the Wolves send in an action to kill one player of their choice. The player's death is announced at the end of a Night Phase, and then the next Day Phase starts. Night Phases generally last 24 hours.

To sum that up: During the Day Phase ALL players discuss and vote on what player to eliminate from the game (lynch), Wolves theoretically try to steer the voting towards other Villagers and/or try to look as innocent as possible.

On Power Roles: As mentioned before there are several Roles. "Wolf" and "Villager" are the most basic of roles, but games usually include more. The basic power roles are:
    A Seer, who sends in an action every night to the narrator to "scry" another player, one per night. The narrator will tell the Seer what role that player has.
    A Baner, who protects one person from being killed each night.
    A Fool, who is told he is the Seer, but actually gets results for scries at random.
    A Devil, who is basically the Seer for the Wolf team.
    The Masons who are a group of Villagers who start off knowing each other's roles. (They're all working together.)

Those are the rules of the Classic Werewolf game. Usually, however, games have several variations and other roles. The special roles and variations for this game are defined in the roles for each game section.

On another note: Players must vote, they cannot abstain. If a player fails to vote for a certain number of game days in a row, he or she will be automatically disqualified, known as an Auto-lynch. Typically, auto-lynches happen after two days of not voting, but this particular game is a little more lenient and auto-lynches after three days of not voting.

When a player is lynched, killed, or auto'd, his death is announced, he is removed from the game, and his role is made public. While players are allowed (and encouraged) to communicate with each other outside the main thread by PM or IM, dead players cannot be contacted and cannot attempt to influence the game in any way. Attempting to influence the game after you die, or attempting to get information from a dead player is cheating.

That explains the basics of Werewolf Games. I hope you enjoy this game!
    Last edited by Alarra; 2014-03-31 at 01:30 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Turf War - The Recruitment Thread

Sesame Street WW? Colour me in!

Excellent Elan & Yoshi avatar by Mr Saturn

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

Been a while since I've played any structured games. Sign me up!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

This looks like fun. Every game narrated by Haruki is an instant winner.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I'd like to be in.
    Last edited by Skippy; 2014-02-04 at 12:21 PM.
    So I herd you liek Mudkipz by Mr. Saturn
    Spoiler
    Show

Many thanks to both Mr Saturn and B-Man for their avatars!! Antiform Sora, Haloween Sora, Majora's Mask Link, Wolf Link & Midna, KH Sora and Christmas in July Sora

I was a Custom Title ITP!
    Lucky "Guess the Number" quote:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Xykon_Fan View Post
    Great, Radikal fixed the dice...and by fixed, I mean "broke beyond repair and cheats irreparably."

5. - Top - End - #5
    Bugbear in the Playground

No Super Blue? Oh well. I'm in.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Halfling in the Playground

I'm in, seeing as how I was killed in Fears.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

7. - Top - End - #7

Quote Originally Posted by ThePhantom View Post
    No Super Blue? Oh well. I'm in.
    We couldn't figure out where to put him, and we REALLY wanted the current ones in. <.<

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

He'd probably have fit as a neutral beast, or maybe a neutral voider? Did have something of a penchant for destruction/disruption...

9. - Top - End - #9
    Bugbear in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I'm in on this one. Looks too good to pass up.
    Still not really here. Still just an illusion.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Troll in the Playground

You too, Jacklu? I'm in.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

11. - Top - End - #11

Quote Originally Posted by C'nor View Post
    He'd probably have fit as a neutral beast, or maybe a neutral voider? Did have something of a penchant for destruction/disruption...
    Got so many roles already, though... =/

BTW, does your post mean you're in?

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Haruki-kun View Post
    Got so many roles already, though... =/

BTW, does your post mean you're in?
    Heh, not as many as some games, but fair enough... And yeah, I'm in.
    Last edited by Lady Serpentine; 2014-02-04 at 01:29 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

Ruki and I already discussed the possibility of other roles. For now we're fine with what we have.

It's also great to see so many faces I used to play with.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Count Dingdong
    Guest in the Playground

Ah ah ah! One, two, two letters in "in"! Ah ah ah! Z Count is in!

This looks awesome!

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

Suppose I'll sign up.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

I am een.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

17. - Top - End - #17
    Barbarian in the Playground

In!

1 Question: if the baner successfully protects someone, will it be announced that the person was baned or that no one died?

2 Questions: Relate to the above: if Kermit I mean the Amphibian is selected for NK and survives because of his one-use ability, is anything announced?

3 Questions, ah ah ah!: Is the Accountant like the Mayor, in that he's elected publically? Or does he just secretly have two votes? a vote that counts as 2?
    Last edited by LoP; 2014-02-04 at 03:37 PM.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Titan in the Playground

Well considering it's my street....

Gonna see how long I live in Fears 4 though, don't have the time to be in two games at once.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    DD: .... DEM HIPS.
    Quote Originally Posted by faerwain View Post
    Why do I have the feeling that you actually really grind Smurfs to make your ice cream?
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo1985 View Post
    My wedding underwear has a picture of Dallas Dakota's face on them.
    Ceikatar!

19. - Top - End - #19

SwashbucklerGuy

I'd like to be in as well.

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be in.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    Gods, Reinholdt was right, a hundred percent right.
    Spoiler
    Show
    -Nyahahaha~
    Quote Originally Posted by Supagoof View Post
    Tale as old as thread
    And you find yourself dead
    Reinholdt was the Beast
    Quote Originally Posted by Philistine View Post
    Reinholdt had already told the truth once in that post, and therefore was over his annual quota.

21. - Top - End - #21

Quote Originally Posted by LoP View Post
    In!

1 Question: if the baner successfully protects someone, will it be announced that the person was baned or that no one died?

2 Questions: Relate to the above: if Kermit I mean the Amphibian is selected for NK and survives because of his one-use ability, is anything announced?

3 Questions, ah ah ah!: Is the Accountant like the Mayor, in that he's elected publically? Or does he just secretly have two votes? a vote that counts as 2?
    1) This is subject to change as Wolfy and I discuss it, but it will probably be "No one died tonight," so it may be because the wolves attacked amphibian, because the person who was attacked was baned, or maybe because the wolves all forgot to send in a kill.

2) Same answer as above.

3) No, the Accountant is a power role. He's just a person whose vote is multiplied by two. (He can't vote for two separate people.)

Quote Originally Posted by Dallas-Dakota View Post
    Well considering it's my street....

Gonna see how long I live in Fears 4 though, don't have the time to be in two games at once.
    Do you want me to write you into the list, then, or do you want to hold on?

22. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

I'll join.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Dwarf in the Playground

In of course.
    Awesome Lion Avatar by the wonderful Mr. Saturn. Thanks

I have a bloog now. Go check it out if you love strange poetry.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Firbolg in the Playground

Looks excellently straightforward.

Last edited by Recaiden; 2014-02-04 at 05:55 PM.
    ~Inner Circle~
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    He takes normality and reason and turns them UP TO 11!
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarion View Post
    Recaiden, stop using your mastery of the English language to confuse the issue.
    Echidna by Serpentine

25. - Top - End - #25
    Troll in the Playground

PirateGuy

This is too hilarious not to join.

Finally forced me into getting one of these.

Banner by Elder Tsofu.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

In. (randomthingsduetowordlimit)
    Hello there, fine sir~! I am Yumori.

Yu-mo-ree

Spoiler: Hello
    Show
    there.

27. - Top - End - #27

I'm definitely in for this one.

Thanks goes to Vampire Pumpkin for my awesome avatar!

Formerly known as The Fiery Tower Formerly known as Catseye2121.

28. - Top - End - #28

Sounds fun. Count me in.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Ok...apparently I'm supposed to sign up for this thing.
    Long live the Ceikatar!

Here Be Dragons

30. - Top - End - #30

I'm in!

Only my second game, be gentle
    Szilard has all of those sweet trophies for a reason. Awesome avatar is his handiwork.