New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #301
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: (3.5 OOC) End of Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Metastachydium View Post
    DM: Hm. So, are you physically touching the walls of the haunted Evil mansion right now?
    Players:
    Players: No.
    lol that gave me a good laugh. Good thing she wasnt leaning directly on her wound otherwise the damage would be greatly different xD
    Spoiler: Avatar’s picture
    Show

2. - Top - End - #302
    Orc in the Playground

(1d20+4)[13]
    (1d20+4)[22] h1
    (1d3)[2]
    Spoiler
    Show
    (1d20+4)[20] h2
    (1d3)[1]
    (1d20+4)[10] h3
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d20+4)[8] h4
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d20+4)[20] h5
    (1d3)[2]
    (1d20+4)[9] h6
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d20+4)[18] h7
    (1d3)[1]
    (1d20+4)[17] h8
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d20+4)[22] h9
    (1d3)[3]
    (1d20+4)[11] h10 and current
    (1d3)[1]

lol lets see the rolls

edit nvm lol
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-04-07 at 12:39 PM.
    Show

3. - Top - End - #303
    Barbarian in the Playground

Any chance I could knowledge check the umbrella despite it seeming like an old, but normal umbrella? If so, what’s the check? Based on the description and seeing Eria can turn into a spider, I’m inferring it’s a monster.

4. - Top - End - #304
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dakrsidder View Post
    Any chance I could knowledge check the umbrella despite it seeming like an old, but normal umbrella? If so, what’s the check? Based on the description and seeing Eria can turn into a spider, I’m inferring it’s a monster.
    tbh ill feel like this is more of a sense motive check or gather information unless you think of a better option? dc isnt to bad probably about 15 to know what it is 10 to think its might have been related to the creature and or thing that attacked them
    Show

5. - Top - End - #305

I’ll roll sense motive then and if you’d say per encounter abilities can be used out of combat, then +3 to the total, otherwise it’s what it is

(1d20+7)[27] Sense Motive

6. - Top - End - #306
    Orc in the Playground

I’ll roll sense motive then and if you’d say per encounter abilities can be used out of combat, then +3 to the total, otherwise it’s what it is

[roll0] Sense Motive
    lol you know 100% certain that is a cursed umbrella with a sword sheathed in it. Currently its lying-in wait to attack anyone who gets too close to it. You have the advantage if you wanted to act before it does.
    Show

7. - Top - End - #307

Then I'll stand within 25 ft, use Entangling Ectoplasm, so entangled for 5 rounds on hit, and will add Cunning Insight to it

(1d20+9)[22] Touch, enemy should be flatfooted

8. - Top - End - #308
    Orc in the Playground

Reflex save (1d20+7)[8] dc is 20 right? or is it different? but yep flat footed if you succeed you all get the surprise round to beat it up lol

Edit oh yeah its probably gonna die xD everyone up in main ic lol after you act Ill move gerald then try to make the umbrella break free

Whats with the vandalism maynard?!??!?!?!?!?!!?!? XD
    Last edited by Forsaken; 2024-04-08 at 09:08 AM.
    Show

9. - Top - End - #309

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken View Post
    Reflex save [roll0] dc is 20 right? or is it different? but yep flat footed if you succeed you all get the surprise round to beat it up lol

Edit oh yeah its probably gonna die xD everyone up in main ic lol after you act Ill move gerald then try to make the umbrella break free
    Nah, that would be the entangle spell. Entangling Ectoplasm only applies the entangled condition, so moves at half speed, cannot charge or run, -2 on atk rolls, -4 to dex, and concentration checks to cast spells. There’s no immobilization like with the entangle spell, so it can move, but there’s no clauses for breaking out either, so entangled for 5 rounds

10. - Top - End - #310
    Orc in the Playground

Nah, that would be the entangle spell. Entangling Ectoplasm only applies the entangled condition, so moves at half speed, cannot charge or run, -2 on atk rolls, -4 to dex, and concentration checks to cast spells. There’s no immobilization like with the entangle spell, so it can move, but there’s no clauses for breaking out either, so entangled for 5 rounds
    Does that work vs creatures that can float though? I imagine the blob preventing it from opening sealing its hover temporarily. Until it at least breaks free.
    Show

11. - Top - End - #311

I’m not sure if immunity to entanglement exists. FoM would negate the movement stuff, but even they’d suffer the atk roll, dex, and concentration issues. Unless you want to houserule it having a reduced effect, there’s pretty much nothing to do about the astral goo, which is part of what makes it quite nice cc

12. - Top - End - #312
    Orc in the Playground

I’m not sure if immunity to entanglement exists. FoM would negate the movement stuff, but even they’d suffer the atk roll, dex, and concentration issues. Unless you want to houserule it having a reduced effect, there’s pretty much nothing to do about the astral goo, which is part of what makes it quite nice cc
    tbh if i did house rule it it would probably be buffed in this situation. not that it should matter much due to your heads up everyone has an attack they can choose to do. then gerald before it can move. If your lucky it wouldnt even be able to strike if unlucky it shouldnt be all to much damage
    Show

13. - Top - End - #313
    Orc in the Playground

Waiting on porky in IC A to potientally attack.

In ic B waiting on a clear cut direction your planning on going in. I probably should say this. The creatures in the basement arent unable to break out... they are actively about to break out. I feel like I should make that slightly clearer. You are kinda running outta time
    Show

14. - Top - End - #314
    Troll in the Playground

Waiting on porky in IC A to potientally attack.

In ic B waiting on a clear cut direction your planning on going in. I probably should say this. The creatures in the basement arent unable to break out... they are actively about to break out. I feel like I should make that slightly clearer. You are kinda running outta time
    Well, an issue here is that we have no real way to determine which direction might help us, as discussed in character.
    Jasnah avatar by Zea Mays

15. - Top - End - #315
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Attack?

Porky is saying we should go after the wraith, but let's continue, shouldn't be a.hold up
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

16. - Top - End - #316
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by DeTess View Post
    Well, an issue here is that we have no real way to determine which direction might help us, as discussed in character.
    Ah gotcha gotcha any additional information that I can provide to help with the decision? Or anything along those lines?

Quote Originally Posted by Darius Vibrtrar View Post
    Attack?

Porky is saying we should go after the wraith, but let's continue, shouldn't be a.hold up
    Ah kk I had at least Branthe and ekkehardt move forward since they wanted to rescue the other two first did you want to split up again? They felt it would have been best to go after Maynard an Eria because it would most likely be nighttime if they went after the wraith
    Show

17. - Top - End - #317
    Troll in the Playground

Ah gotcha gotcha any additional information that I can provide to help with the decision? Or anything along those lines?
    So the main issue is whether to try to break out through physical force, or find our way out through exploration. Have we heard any stories or the like that might suggest whether trying to find an exit is even possible? After all, we have no reason to suspect the place would even have an exit in its current form.

18. - Top - End - #318
    Orc in the Playground

So the main issue is whether to try to break out through physical force, or find our way out through exploration. Have we heard any stories or the like that might suggest whether trying to find an exit is even possible? After all, we have no reason to suspect the place would even have an exit in its current form.
    For this particular creature you wouldnt have heard anything if you would like to try and break out of the window your more than free to go for it. You also could explore as well. What I'm seeing is

1) Try to break out through a window
    2) Explore the big door at the end of the corridor
    3) Explore the little dorr at the opposite end of the corridor
    4) Barricade the cellar with random items in the corridor
    5) Go into the cellar and try combating the creatures inside.
    Show

19. - Top - End - #319
    Troll in the Playground

For this particular creature you wouldnt have heard anything if you would like to try and break out of the window your more than free to go for it. You also could explore as well. What I'm seeing is

1) Try to break out through a window
    2) Explore the big door at the end of the corridor
    3) Explore the little dorr at the opposite end of the corridor
    4) Barricade the cellar with random items in the corridor
    5) Go into the cellar and try combating the creatures inside.
    The problem is a bit that 1, 2 and 3 are right now 'false choices'. We do not know enough to be able to determine what might be the better choice. Based on everything we've experienced in thus world so far 5 is suicidal, and I don't see any mention of furniture with which 4 could be done.

This is kinda my point: we are being pressured to make an important choice without anything to base said choice on.

20. - Top - End - #320

Ah kk I had at least Branthe and ekkehardt move forward since they wanted to rescue the other two first did you want to split up again? They felt it would have been best to go after Maynard an Eria because it would most likely be nighttime if they went after the wraith
    Just gonna add Ekkehardt is indifferent, but gave a logical rundown in that finding the other two first had better rationale, assuming both tasks were of equal importance.

21. - Top - End - #321
    Orc in the Playground

The problem is a bit that 1, 2 and 3 are right now 'false choices'. We do not know enough to be able to determine what might be the better choice. Based on everything we've experienced in thus world so far 5 is suicidal, and I don't see any mention of furniture with which 4 could be done.

This is kinda my point: we are being pressured to make an important choice without anything to base said choice on.
    For number four the only things in the hallway are they paintings and the tapastry that are hanging up. But the paintings are decently heavily as you would now know from striking it. Nothing happens when you stuck it besides messing up the paintings. (They are about 12 paintings on both sides of the hall. In total of 24. Combined weight are about 20 pounds each. Due to probably the gold lining on the frames. In total about 480 lbs with the frames alone. With the tapertrys in the hallway you probably are close to 600 pounds to the 3x3 cellar. Unless you both sit on it then it gets even more heavy lol.

Sorry for not giving as much info as you guys would like. For trying to break though the windows with maynards detect evil it is registering the monsters outside. So by that it doesnt seem like an illusion. Maybe your underground? Or maybe you plane shifted? Hard to tell without a knowledge check. ( DC 15 for either planes or dungeeneering.

As for the doors cant really tell ya with ones to pick as that is up to you. When you open and explore Ill try my best to tell you whats actually in them

Lastly cellar is in the center of the room so both doors are equal distance are you guys going for the bigger door or the little door?
    Show

22. - Top - End - #322
    Orc in the Playground

Just gonna add Ekkehardt is indifferent, but gave a logical rundown in that finding the other two first had better rationale, assuming both tasks were of equal importance.
    gotcha gotcha i thought 2/3 were wanting to go after maynard and eria trying to keep it moving lol.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #323
    Ogre in the Playground

ah, just caught up on the OOC, might as well try to cover the cellar with stuff first, will adjust the IC soon. I thought my planes kn check would've also covered anything pertinent about the situation that I'd know.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

24. - Top - End - #324

gotcha gotcha i thought 2/3 were wanting to go after maynard and eria trying to keep it moving lol.
    If you change the wording a bit it fits the bill anyway ought to keep moving ye

25. - Top - End - #325
    Orc in the Playground

If you change the wording a bit it fits the bill anyway ought to keep moving ye
    Yep yep. Just waiting on porky then confirmation on door. Also, Maynard would know you aren't on the normal plane you were on. More of a gateway plane between where the creatures live and your world. Sorry my brains been all over the place this last week.
    Show

26. - Top - End - #326
    Troll in the Playground

OrcBarbarianGuy

Okay, I've read the last posts a couple times, and I must be missing something, what are you waiting on porky for?
    Festival of Heroes:
    Umbear: 14 ft tall Ogre, Odd assortment of Clothing and Armor. Greenish/Grey Skin. Tusks.

27. - Top - End - #327
    Ogre in the Playground

did porky take an action in the combat? I thought he was waiting on a combat action by Porky.
    A neat custom class for 3.5 system
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94616

A good set of benchmarks for PF/3.5
    https://rpgwillikers.wordpress.com/2...y-the-numbers/

An alternate craft point system I made for 3.5
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...t-Point-system

28. - Top - End - #328
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by zlefin View Post
    did porky take an action in the combat? I thought he was waiting on a combat action by Porky.
    Yea seeing if porky wanted to pursue maynard and eria or try to split up and go after the wraith but if he does so it might be a solo mission which is dangerous so confirming if he wants to pursue or do a round of combat. By tonight thought the ic a and b will be updated regardless
    Show

29. - Top - End - #329
    Orc in the Playground

Geralds two attacks vs ac 1820

(1d20+17)[27]
    (1d6+9)[14]
    (1d20+12)[30]
    (1d6+9)[12]
    Show