New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Peebles' Perfectly Pointless Popular Prattle - Random Banter #211

Quote Originally Posted by SeptimusFabrius View Post
    Each to their own. I'm just sensitive, I guess...
    I don't know if it has to do with that so much as we all get sad at different things. It's not linear at all, I don't think. "The Inner Light" just isn't on my radar in that regard. But something like (oh just pulling a name out of thin air here) "L'Amour" by Lewis makes me well up like a child.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunkenstein View Post
    Anything goes.
    Okay then. In no particular order:

The White Which Lives Within the Ink Stone - Mushi-shi (series 1)

Lightning's End - Mushi-shi (series 2)

The Dinner Party - The IT Crowd

Fleeting Light - Natsume Yujin-cho

Goodbyeee - Blackadder goes Forth

3. - Top - End - #123
    Troll in the Playground

Hullo folk. I was kinda bored at uni today, we were going through some presentations and I needed to relieve some stress. Just doodled something quick. Honestly, it's super weird drawing a somewhat realistic image of yourself. I've been doing it for years as a certain form of stress and anxiety relief, but at the same time it feels kinda wrong just drawing yourself. I guess I'm just making sure that I have a realistic image of myself, and nothing disorted is going on in my brain (and believe me, my self portraits haven't always looked this flattering, I guess I'm doing generally ok according to this drawing).

Spoiler: drarwajaj
    Show

Also, OotSified my new look.
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

4. - Top - End - #124
    Colossus in the Playground

Fiiiiinn how is that just a quick doodle why do your fingers pour out beauty with every second

All my fingers pour out are skin flakes and sadness :<

5. - Top - End - #125
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    Pain. Felt. So much.

Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

6. - Top - End - #126

You guys mind if I rant for a bit? I'll put it in a spoiler, promise.

"Flash is fast, Flash is cool. Francois c'est pas, flashe non due."

Seventh Doctor avatar by the too-nice-for-his-own-good Professor Gnoll!

7. - Top - End - #127
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Y'really don't need to ask if you're going to put it in spoilers. Or even if you aren't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonprime View Post
    AT, I esteem you above all other men now.

8. - Top - End - #128

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    Hullo folk. I was kinda bored at uni today, we were going through some presentations and I needed to relieve some stress. Just doodled something quick. Honestly, it's super weird drawing a somewhat realistic image of yourself. I've been doing it for years as a certain form of stress and anxiety relief, but at the same time it feels kinda wrong just drawing yourself. I guess I'm just making sure that I have a realistic image of myself, and nothing disorted is going on in my brain (and believe me, my self portraits haven't always looked this flattering, I guess I'm doing generally ok according to this drawing).

Show

Nice.

Always good to get some stress out and be able to feel goodish about a self-portrait.

Fiiiiinn how is that just a quick doodle why do your fingers pour out beauty with every second

Practice, practice, practice, mon cherie.

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    You guys mind if I rant for a bit? I'll put it in a spoiler, promise.
    Shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Second Tuesday of the semester and I've already pulled an all-night-er. I feel disgusting. It's far to early for this to be happening.

But S/O to the 4 Mt. Dews, I guess. Time to go get breakfast, I suppose. Which I'm usually never up for. More caffeine a la coffee. Woo.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by AtlanteanTroll View Post
    Second Tuesday of the semester and I've already pulled an all-night-er. I feel disgusting. It's far to early for this to be happening.
    Ouch, commiserations. Probably better than only getting a few hours actually, but still not nice. If you keep going via caffeine alone you're going to crash monumentally at some point. At least then you'll get some sleep.

Exciting and slightly scary developments at work over the last day or so. The university is moving focus towards recruiting more international students (because they get more money, I imagine), which may result in me taking my promotion-to-school-leavers-and-college-students shtick on a worldwide tour, at least every now and again. It's a cool opportunity, and would be a great experience, but it's kind of scary too.

First of all - Me don't language good. In fact, it would be charitable to say that I've even mastered English. Sure, if they're interested in studying in the UK they're going to have a decent grasp of what I'm saying, but it's going to be a whole new thing to get my point across to groups on non-native speakers.

Second, I'd be away from home. A lot , at least to start with. And I'm right in the middle of getting a new apartment and getting back on my feet properly. Sure, I have no real ties to worry about, but still.

I'm conflicted.

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

Ya know what I hate?

That crispy M&M commercial with the fans. The one that shows up before every... fifth or sixth video I open on youtube

Seriously. F$#@ THAT COMMERCIAL
    Last edited by HalfTangible; 2015-02-10 at 02:20 PM.
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

12. - Top - End - #132
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Peebles View Post
    Ouch, commiserations. Probably better than only getting a few hours actually, but still not nice. If you keep going via caffeine alone you're going to crash monumentally at some point. At least then you'll get some sleep.
    My crashing today was actually disastrously timed, but I pulled everything together by the skin of my teeth.

Exciting and slightly scary developments at work over the last day or so. The university is moving focus towards recruiting more international students (because they get more money, I imagine), which may result in me taking my promotion-to-school-leavers-and-college-students shtick on a worldwide tour, at least every now and again. It's a cool opportunity, and would be a great experience, but it's kind of scary too.

First of all - Me don't language good. In fact, it would be charitable to say that I've even mastered English. Sure, if they're interested in studying in the UK they're going to have a decent grasp of what I'm saying, but it's going to be a whole new thing to get my point across to groups on non-native speakers.

Second, I'd be away from home. A lot , at least to start with. And I'm right in the middle of getting a new apartment and getting back on my feet properly. Sure, I have no real ties to worry about, but still.

I'm conflicted.
    May depend on how you the university you work for operates. About 10% of my school is from China, and frequently, prospective students come here in big groups. Simpler that way, I guess. IDK if that's comforting or not, but something to think about.

Guess who fell asleep typing up a response at his computer last night and typed the following!

Spoiler
    Show
    op[;`0-`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p[`0-o;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p`0-o[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p`0-o[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;0-op;opopoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookl90ip90io p
    Last edited by AtlanteanTroll; 2015-02-11 at 01:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #133

Oh god why the water pipes might of broke I flushed the toilet and now it's in the bath tub.

The toilet was clean it just looked a little full of water so I flushed it and now there's water all over the bathroom and in the tub and oh my god aaaaaah chaos.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ogre in the Playground

So apparently I actually know a thing or two about writing. I got an essay back today, and at one point on it, my professor commented that it would be the best essay she'd read all day. If you've seen the TV Tropes page for Realistic Diction is Unrealistic, I stole that idea, and she loved it.

Also, I found an excuse to reference the Lion King in an upcoming paper about Hamlet.
    Avatar by Venetian Mask. It's of an NPC from a campaign I may yet run (possibly in PbP) who became a favorite of mine while planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Razanir View Post
    Everyone knows frying pans are actually weapons that people repurpose for cooking
    I am a 10/14/11/15/12/14 LG Clr 2

15. - Top - End - #135

Oh god why the water pipes might of broke I flushed the toilet and now it's in the bath tub.

The toilet was clean it just looked a little full of water so I flushed it and now there's water all over the bathroom and in the tub and oh my god aaaaaah chaos.
    I'm so sorry, but I can't stop laughing. This is like something out of Paddington. Protip: bears from darkest Peru should not be trusted with DIY.

Seriously, that sounds terrible, and I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at it. You just seem to bounce from one disaster to the next. I have no idea what to do with this, except for finding a bucket and starting to bail while help arrives. If there's any leaks, try to shut off the water main? *I have no plumbing experience whatsoever and any of this advice is taken at your own risk*

Unseriously, Ahahahaha, ohohohoh, heeheehee, Ohohohohahaha... ha... ha. Pictures?

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Razanir
    Also, I found an excuse to reference the Lion King in an upcoming paper about Hamlet.
    I remember when I wrote an essay about a classical tragedy (Sophocles' Antigone, for those interested) and added '... stop this madness. This is not Sparta' (because it's in Athens). When I got it back, the examiner had commented LOL!
    Last edited by Durkoala; 2015-02-11 at 03:57 PM.
    Spoiler: Pixel avatar and Raincloud Durkoala were made by me. The others are the work of Cuthalion.
    Show

Cuteness and Magic and Phone Moogles, oh my! Let's Watch Card Captor Sakura!Sadly on a small hiatus.

Durkoala reads a book! It's about VR and the nineties!

16. - Top - End - #136

Quote Originally Posted by Durkoala View Post
    I'm so sorry, but I can't stop laughing. This is like something out of Paddington. Protip: bears from darkest Peru should not be trusted with DIY.

Seriously, that sounds terrible, and I'm sorry I can't stop laughing at it. You just seem to bounce from one disaster to the next. I have no idea what to do with this, except for finding a bucket and starting to bail while help arrives. If there's any leaks, try to shut off the water main? *I have no plumbing experience whatsoever and any of this advice is taken at your own risk*

Unseriously, Ahahahaha, ohohohoh, heeheehee, Ohohohohahaha... ha... ha. Pictures?
    Haha, Paddington Zodibear. I like it.

It's okay, laugh, it's funny . Don't worry, it's not FLOODING, unless I flush the toilet a lot. So I'm waiting for the plumper to get off his ass and come look at the pipes.

Sorry, no camera

EDIT: CORRECTION ISH FLOODING A LITTLE! BATH TUB IS SUPER FULL SUDDENLY! It stopped but uh...oh dear.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2015-02-11 at 04:25 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137
    Dwarf in the Playground

May depend on how you the university you work for operates. About 10% of my school is from China, and frequently, prospective students come here in big groups. Simpler that way, I guess. IDK if that's comforting or not, but something to think about.
    Yeah, that's the plan in the long run, but in the beginning they're after volunteers amongst us PR and engagement bods to go out to places and make some links, at least for the first year or eighteen months. In any event, I've jumped in and said yes yesterday. The travle will kill at times, but what exactly do I have tying me down here?

Haha, Paddington Zodibear. I like it.

It's okay, laugh, it's funny . Don't worry, it's not FLOODING, unless I flush the toilet a lot. So I'm waiting for the plumper to get off his ass and come look at the pipes.
    Hehe, plumper. I now have images.

18. - Top - End - #138

Quote Originally Posted by Peebles View Post
    Hehe, plumper. I now have images.
    God damnit I spent all day trying to prevent myself from making that typo and the one place I was sure I didn't, I did! OOPS.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Orc in the Playground

When you've just got started with tumblr and you send someone an ask and expect them to reply straight away and at the same time are frantically checking to see if your two text posts have got any notes yet which they haven't so you're constantly flicking back and forth between two blogs while knowing consciously it's all futile and it's like a reverse Internet quasar GAAH.

So, how's life?
    Knitting my way through life, one purl of wisdom at a time.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Troll in the Playground

I'm back to my good ol' university reading routine. That is, totally panic read everything for an exam in less than a week. I have to say I'm rather proud of myself - it's Thursdya and the exam isn't until Tuesday! Only 170 pages left!
    Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac
    aah yes, alligators
    the most anime of creatures
    ~Extended Signature~

21. - Top - End - #141

I'm back to my good ol' university reading routine. That is, totally panic read everything for an exam in less than a week. I have to say I'm rather proud of myself - it's Thursdya and the exam isn't until Tuesday! Only 170 pages left!
    Good luck!

PSST! I'm making heart shaped cookies for valentines day! Don't tell anyone!!

22. - Top - End - #142

Quote Originally Posted by Yung Crunk View Post
    What's everyone's favourite single episode of TV?

Indulge me in a curiosity. (I will accept lists)
    "The Vampiric Puppet Lamentation" - Middleman
    "Comfort Food" - Pushing Daisies
    "Window of Opportunity" - Stargate SG-1

Ooh, I did that! Not for academic purposes, mind you. I was trying boozahol for the first time and suddenly it was morning and I was still very drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    Ya know what I hate?

That crispy M&M commercial with the fans. The one that shows up before every... fifth or sixth video I open on youtube

Seriously. F$#@ THAT COMMERCIAL
    Adblock, my friend.

When you've just got started with tumblr and you send someone an ask and expect them to reply straight away and at the same time are frantically checking to see if your two text posts have got any notes yet which they haven't so you're constantly flicking back and forth between two blogs while knowing consciously it's all futile and it's like a reverse Internet quasar GAAH.
    Ah, Tumblr. That place is like stress incarnate.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by jhunter_d View Post
    Now that I caught you, can I join the Illuminati? Or is it like Pokemon where if you catch an Illuminati member, they fight for you against small little creatures?
    No, but I'm pretty sure I have to kill you.

That's too bad, I've been looking for a new game. I've never played a "programming game" but I've always been intrigued by them. I remember hearing about a game where you code a "warrior" and make them fight against another coded warrior, and you win by overwriting the other warrior's memory... I'm probably mis-remembering this, but I think it went by the name of Programming War or Code War or something.
    Well, there are a bunch of programming arena games, such as Robocode and such. Those are pure programming challenges, though. Nothing happens unless you do it yourself (well, except for you getting killed by the others )...

I guess it'd be sorta easy, just time consuming. I'd have to code in responses to every attack that a human player could throw out, then code an offensive AI...
    Or I could go the route of my friend who thinks that using RNG for everything is AI.
    Yeah, and only really easy in the simple cases. AI has never been an easy problem...

And RNGs can be very intelligent, but only if you weight them properly.

Like in Super Smash Bros stages:
    Spoiler: Hint: look above the top platform *very* closely
    Show
    Hehehe...

So, how's life?
    I pulled an all-nighter because I couldn't get a lab assignment due this morning to work, and I couldn't for my life figure out what was wrong with the logic until at least a good four hours later, when it struck me that I might not actually be linking my code to the handout software at all, because the handout software wasn't a program in and on itself, but rather more code you had to compile your program toghether with. Long story short, don't build with make test.

Also, I read through the entirety of A Redtail's Dream over the course of two days. It was pretty great!
    Last edited by Teddy; 2015-02-12 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Should perhaps write the post in its entirety first...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show

24. - Top - End - #144
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Adblock, my friend.
    I'm not going to adblock all of youtube because of one annoying commercial
    Hate me if you want. But that's your issue to fix, not mine.

Primal ego vos, estis ex nihilo.

When Gods Go To War comes out March 8th

Discord: HalfTangible

Extended Sig

25. - Top - End - #145

I am tired of weeding the yard. But I am not done with weeding. And the palm tree has dropped palm seeds all over and there are baby palms all over that will not die. Does anybody need very very small palm leaves for Palm Sunday? I have plenty.

Show

I do not know what you look like. But that is a fine realism picture.

And you still manage to make the most mixed emotion OotS faces. it is a talent. all piled on top of each other.

Guess who fell asleep typing up a response at his computer last night and typed the following!

Spoiler
    Show
    op[;`0-`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p[`0-o;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p`0-o[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p`0-o[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;p`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;`0-op[;0-op;opopoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooookl90ip90io p
    With those two spots covered? It was my cat I am sure of it.

So, how's life?
    I am gah that way over ebay and craigslist email right now. I am not built for auction sites. Maybe it is better that I only get to buy online once a year.I want to win and get something and get rid of the online money and stop stressing abouti t for another year.
    I have found a RL gaming group but I'm willing to meet other GitP people nearby.
    Please send a PM or an email! _______ Tea served in a student cafe in Seattle

26. - Top - End - #146

Quote Originally Posted by HalfTangible View Post
    I'm not going to adblock all of youtube because of one annoying commercial
    Might just be a personal thing, but I adblock... almost everything, really. This site and Schlock Mercenary are the only exceptions.
    Quotes!
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Elemental View Post
    BY THE HEAVENS! Dimonite! You are even more awesome than I thought!
    Quote Originally Posted by CurlyKitGirl View Post
    *high fives!*
    That was awesome, made me smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Witch-King View Post
    THIS aberrant, ancient evil ain't no playa! I'm gonna take care of my little Meduthids and my Spawnling Mama! Besides which--the Old Ones know the Elder Brain keeps pestering me about giving it some Grandspawnlings...
    The Neutralizer - my 3.5 class that attempts to make wizards less OP.
    Fantastic dragonpuppy drawn by my sister in the ancient times.

27. - Top - End - #147

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Dimonite View Post
    Might just be a personal thing, but I adblock... almost everything, really. This site and Schlock Mercenary are the only exceptions.
    Presumably you do that because you want the people who run those sites to get some money from the advertising views (although don't think that's how either site actually works in terms of advertising)--so are the people creating the Youtube videos you watch not worthy of the same?

28. - Top - End - #148

I basically adblock nothing but sites that have annoying pop ups.

Also you know just because I said don't tell anyone doesn't mean you guys can't discuss my cookies

Sadly couldn't make them heart shaped. Damn you Quaker Oats and your super delicious cookie dough that isn't very malleable.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Ettin in the Playground

I basically adblock nothing but sites that have annoying pop ups.

Also you know just because I said don't tell anyone doesn't mean you guys can't discuss my cookies

Sadly couldn't make them heart shaped. Damn you Quaker Oats and your super delicious cookie dough that isn't very malleable.
    Did you at least cut some trianangles out of the top and eat them yourself? Or red frosting?
    Scientific Name: Wombous apocolypticus | Diet: Apocolypse Pie | Cuddly: Yes

World Building Projects:
    Magic
    : The Stuff of Sentience | Fate: The Fabric of Physics | Luck: The Basis of Biology

Order of the Stick Projects:
    Annotation of the Comic | Magic Compendium of the Comic | Transcription of the Comic
    Dad-a-chum? Dum-a-chum? Ded-a-chek? Did-a-chick?
    Extended Signature | My DeviantArt | Majora's Mask Point Race
    (you can't take the sky from me)

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheWombatOfDoom View Post
    Did you at least cut some trianangles out of the top and eat them yourself? Or red frosting?
    Post-cutting them into shape with a knife isn't a halfway bad idea, actually. Or wouldn't be had they long solidified by now, at least...
    Clouddreamer Teddy by me, high above the world, far beyond its matters...

Spoiler: Banner by Vrythas
    Show