New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 12 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Banned

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

This one humbly requests that the thread at large ... Aha. Nevermind. To request delays is to fight the wind. This or shall do penance in the Suspension Room as a result.

Quote posting is both cathartic and stressful. On hoof one, it is meditative To a point. On good two, I start to fidget, thinking about all the deadlines - artificial as in part of a discussion, or actual, as in calling out ideas for tumblr stuffs - in letting go by. Looks like I'll have to investigate some Mastigos stuff.

Also, click, what wa that about a rumored BronyCon orgy now?!?! Like there could be an orgy Vorpalbob was unaware of. Scoff.

-

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    First off, what the hell have you people all done to the internet in my absense?! Before I went away everything was fine - I've come back and I'm pretty much having to run all the web pages - not just on this site, but several others as well - in compatibility mode, or it don't work properly.
    Derpy has been our default electrician since we needed help setting up the con rave. What do you have to say for the fire an the net going Down, star sergeant?

I just don't know what went wrong!

I'm also suddenly finding that the pages randomly refresh by themselves on this site while I'm trying to type, which is &*£%ing annoying, since you loose everything you've been working on with no rhyme or reason. I'm going to have to start using Notepad EXCLUSIVELY to type my frakking posts in, since I've had to type most of my responses to SiuiS TWICE.

NOT amused.
    WELCOME TO MY PERSONAL HECK!
    Seriously. Big arse pain, that is.

The answer however is that there is a series of proxy servers in place. Check Rawhide's update in the board issues section.

I'm surprised no-one brought up the Jalyrkieon APC - did no-one think it vaguely familiar...?
    Sorry, I played that thing do much I other APCs for actually look like that...

Keep yer wig on.
    They're extensions don't judge me

"Balance of nature" as depicted as an unchanging status quo, is what I have problems with, not "cycle."
    This reminds me of alignment debates. I've ruined entire campaign worlds by driving home that "balance" is Law because it's stasis.

Yes, that's not biased at all, because herbivores totally never eat living things.
    Irrelevant. From a gazelle's perspective lions are flicking terrifying. It doesn't matter if that gazelle eats the skulls of baby birds. They all do it so they think it's fine. You know, the exact same point of view you want but from a carnivore's perspective?

And by "living things", I mean "things they haven't even killed before eating."

You don't ever see depicitions of trees of shrubs, cowering, unable to flee of defend themselves as evil deer tear off their bark skin and eat their extremities, do you? Of the horror of watching a wicked elephant shatter a grove of a nice acacia family, solely to scratch an itch?
    Yes they do. I've seen dozens of those. A couple that weren't utter tripe, too. Did you look? It's not that they aren't there but that from an omnivore's perspective it's just not going to be popular enough to enter public conscious.

You want disturbing? Go read fan fiction for Veggie Tales. The grim dark stuff.

I'd settle for something showing the world from the predator's perspective for a change, with the herbivores being mindless slash monstrous.
    Admittedly less prolific. It's usually overshadowed because Americans like myself are dumb, and any predator who's worth their lipids is a Native American analogue who reveres the kill and respects their prey. You wouldn't read that.

Then there is the truth. Carnivores who are intelligent and who eat dumb beasts would not care. you read these all the time and your inherent bias gets in the way. Every time someone - anthro, straight animal, human, anything - basically goes to a burger joint they are doing what you want. Seriously, If you are carnivorous and it's not a Serious Moral Issue, it doesn't matter. It's food, whatevs.

The only way to write a story from
    A carnivore's point of view where food matters would be to write a cupcakes style story where it's detailed enough you actually notice it. But why? Aside from being a fun writing venture, it's a worthless story.

You can't have the best of both worlds. Narrative structure demands certain conceits if it's going to be interesting. Slasher killers are needed for slasher killer roles. If the protagonist is an herbivore, then the carnivore fits the bill. That's perfectly fair, because it applies, unbiased, in all cases. When the carnivore is the protagonist, then either the herbivore is the killer, or Mankind is.

Now, let's be clear. I generally consider that killing and eating sentient creatures to be Evil. (Eating dead sentient creature you didn't kill sorta depends on your acceptable cultural burial customs.)*

What makes me mad is the consistent depiction in this sort of thing (i.e. anthropamorphication of animals within a natural environment) as "predators - and by extension anything that eats meat - are teh evils".
    Oh, no. You're looking at the heuristic an assuming that's the equation. It's not.

Carnivores are not evil for eating meat. See Chomper from the bad Asian knockoffs.
    Carnivores are evil because they are sentient, the herbivores are sentient, and the carnivores spend the entire film traumatizing the protags by harrying them before the eventual murderfest. that's evil. The eating is either causative or coincidental depending on how evil the antagonist is.

Most of ALL from HUMANS, who are very emphatically NOT herbivores; talk about hypocrasy!
    Not at all. The humans who usually go in for that are the ones who aren't fully carnivorous and want to change. At worst, theirs poor deluded fools who are addicted to the sweet drugs of animal fat. And you'd persecute them for being too weak-willed to fully break off their habit in an economic situation which strongly punishes non carnivorous living? I thought you were all about fighting the power, so long as the power wasn't you. Or maybe you're all about fighting the power yourself, and then taking it? I kinda glossed the memo. Help me out, Hopereaver!

I could list many - oh so MANY - children's shows where predators of all stripes are painted as monstrous, (because it always has to be about worms or gerbils or mice or something) and very few where the reverse is true.
    That's because monsters kill people. Duh.

(And in shows where carnivores are involved as characters and not villains/monsters, their diet is strangely glossed over.
    Because carnivore's don't care. Duh. They aren't going to angst over every morsel! They're going to eat. And then be full for a week. The end.

Maslow's(?) hierarchy of needs. You don't delve into food thoughts when food is plentiful.

What does Simba eat, one has to ask, Disney? 'Cos cats are carnivores, and unlike dogs, they aren't designed to eat anything they find lying around...)
    "but dad, don't we eat the antelope?"
    To which he says "yes, and the ants eat us after we die. Show some respect."

When have, say, weasels ever been portrayed in a positive light? You know, weasels that kill prey that in comparison to their body weight, is like a lion single handedly taking down an elephant? Where's the stories of the brave weasel hunters, daring the lair of the giant rabbit prey (because, y'know, rabbits still have pretty damn big teeth - and even a lowly squirrel can bite right through your fingernail), not unlike slaying a dragon?
    I.M. Weasel!

No, actually, you get a pass on that one. Like some actual palentologists (the aforementioned Robert Bakker for one), I'm still a bit peeved they decided to follow nomenclature procedure and not make an exception that once, because Brontosaurus is by far a better name than Apatosaurus; and especially since I was brought up initially on the former. (Eobrontosaurus, thought to be close relation (or possibly Camarasaurus) incidently, was named by the above.)

When you start calling Pteranodon by the wrong name or talking about pteradactyls and calling them dinosaurs - then we'll have problems.*

(There is no such thing, and never was, as a pteradactyl. They are pterasaurs and there is a pteradactylus, which is a very small pterasaur. Incidently, the error I pointed out in the children's "educational" video when I was four was not only calling Pteranodon pterodactyl, but giving it teeth as well. And I remember that very clearly (I think there were other problems, but those were the standouts. I think Mrs Thorton was quite taken aback when I reeled off a whole list...!)
    Huh. Always just figured that was bad English, on account of pterodactyl being short semi plural for pteradactylus. Like one would use the word 'meowth' to refer to the poképlural.

And animals aren't sentient.*

What's your point? Doesn't make plants any less alive, does it?

Plants to animals is EXACTLY like animals to sentients. It's exactly the same boundary condition step-up.
    Psh, no. If Thanqol hand beaten me here... I'd have made a fool of myself admittedly.

But uh, did you not read about the story I posted wherein yes, the veggies were alive an screamed in agony when eaten?

But we aren't talking about real life, are we? We're talking about sentient mammal-imposed bias; exactly the same bias that divides the world into "you're only "cute" (sic) if you're furry or have feathers; reptiles and fish and amphibians and invertebrates are all "icky and gross" and can bog off."
    Incorrect on several levels.
    1- narrative bias is not a human trait or a mammal trait.
    2- tell me snakes aren't cute again and I will laugh heartily in your face. and then probably freeze to death from proximity. but snakes are totally adorable.

If you're going to anthropamorphise, at least have the decency to, y'know, do it equally and fairly, doubly-especially if you're going to do it in a "natural" (e.g. no-civilisation) environment.
    No. That is very plainly stupid. Think about it.
    In a world of sentient herbivores, the carnivores are nature. Animals. It sucks but you can't blame them.

In a work of equal sophonts the carnivores REALLY ARE cold blooded sociopathic cannibal murderers. By apllyin the rule 'equally' you remove the very thing you sought to protect.

And, for that matter, you're leaving aside the fact that some plants can communicate with each other. Warn each of of animal predation... And some can move - even quite quickly. And count. At the end of the day, "pain" in this context is just a warning system to indicate to the creature that damage is occuring. Plants do have systems in place for such eventualities. They may not feel "pain" as animals do, but as a philospher, are you writing off the fact that, in some abstract sense, they may have some damage-related pain analogue, on a conceptual level...?
    Disregarding the non board appropriate side of this...

The human stomach has a network contained in the nerves and interstitial/myofascial network which produces sensations based on moral decisions, or life threatening situations. It is literally possible to trust your gut. This is not the same as having two Brains.

And I'm saying plants aren't inanimate.

Bacteria and viruses can move and they are less complex entities than plants...
    This is technically accurate but fallacious. They are not, CANNOT be cognates. The correct for would be to say that a virus or bacteria is less complex an entity than any cell within a plant, which I believe to be mostly untrue. Viruses are just protein coats and D/R-NA so you've got me there.

A STORY can be unfair. Stories, plural, across the breadth of themselves, should not be.
    This is interesting. It depends on what level you zoom in or out two. What you call "unfair" I could call a "genre". But aside from that nod an the joy I get from the philosophical thoughts, I agree with you.

Not really, I am dietarily primarily carnivore, after all. Okay maybe chocolativore. I AM Evil, after all...!
    I love that this basically sounds like "carnivores are evil" XD

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    There's good and bad in every fandom. MLP has much more good than bad. Sadly, a few bad eggs will ultimately make the rest look bad, whether they intend to or not. Hold on to that goodness. You've seen it. You know it's there. It isn't overwritten when someone does something unsavory.
    Crush them under the relentless wall of optimism! Nothing shall be remembered but good works and a flash Of green.

?
    Spoiler
    Show
    No, I'm just bitter because I've been assaulted by geese.

And what a girl she is! GRAAAWRP!
    One day I will have a phone that works with youtuberepeat...

Were those the guys from Chillis? I'm afraid I don't know who they were.
    Yep! We had actually only met them when we first got in. They happened to be at the restaurant again later. They're pretty swell chaps.

I didn't sleep until 3am last night, got up at 10.45am. Felt kinda rough, but then I had a cup of tea. A proper cup of british tea with soya milk (I like the taste better, okay?) and sugar. Heavenly. Gods I missed tea. Now I'm feelin' fine.
    Me too, oddly. Except the tea. Can't stand the stuff, don't know why.

I met Tara Strong in an elevator. She was gone before my flabbergasted brain could send a message to my hands saying "You have a camera! Ask her for a picture!". If anything those things went too fast!
    Well then I envy your RAM!

Yes. Yes I probably should have. Unfortunately I only stayed with most of them for an hour or so. After that everyone kinda went their own way and I didn't see them again.
    's cool. We've got next year, after all.

I don't even have a card reader on my PC, so I think I need some kind of cable or adaptor. Where that is, I won't know 'til I see my Dad on Friday.

I do have some pictures on my phone though. I'll upload them in a bit.
    Hm. That is odd. What kind of card? I've found most cards have easy adapters in USB form, for around £15.

Oh yes this. So much this. I didn't have to pretend. Round here claiming to like ponies openly would likely mean spending my days getting things thrown at me. Things like food, or mud, or... rocks.

Still, I think I can get away with wearing that t-shirt with the faces on it. I doubt anyone would question it. Might even find a few hidden bronies around here.
    See, I don't understand this. Perhaps it's my violent reputation, but I don't get people willing to make fun of me - I like the more subdued pictures because they're tasteful. I am me, I am I; none other can tell me what to do. I refrain from being all PONY! Everywhere because its not always relevant, and my friends have asked me politely to tone it down. But that's it.

Why yes, it was quite an honour. The Princess told me she saw the whole thing. The armour was a wonderful gift, though a little too warm for the weather we were having.

I do hope the Princess wasn't too uncomfortable when I kissed her hoof.... thirty times. I figured if Rarity could get away with it...
    Oh, it could have been worse. You should have seen what Vorpal was doing to Luna!

Fascinating stuff! I'll admit that it's a shame about Celestia's mane. I kinda like all the fanart of her with pink hair. So I guess my head canon is that the pink mane is her when she's at low power, kinda like how Luna's mane was blue after being defeated.

The idea of Lauren having her own head canon that technically isn't show canon actually makes me happy. It makes me remember that she started off as an MLP fan too. The show was based on the stories she made up while playing with her pony toys.

And that's how Equestria was made.

Also, AJ has parents. They will show up at some point. I personally want to believe that they're not around because they're running a huge company called Apple Corp in Manehatten.

I'm glad they didn't go through with the English accent for Rarity. It would have been so hard to get it just right, I think.
    Now that I've had time to think about it, I see it a bit differently. It's like... Gaming. The players came up with a good idea. The GM thinks we're all crazy, but it is a good idea, so she's Rollin with it. I think that level of feedback and such is why this fandom grew. It's the 4e principle of "say yes".

Apple Corp made me smile, and then rage. Unless "Planned Obsolescence" came from a designer the size of Big Macintosh, I'm gonna buck him in the chops!

And I dunno. Sure, you're English. The accent is featuring to you, as there's bunches. To us, there is queens English, professor English, and street urchin English. And Scottish. Besides! The obvious fairness would be part of her charm...
    Although I prefer the subtle French hints.

Oh crap Charlotte is a Rarity expie.

Stylish! And I agree about the square nails. That just ain't right.
    I thought so! I'm biased though. Those dresses are the best combination of modest and body-hugging Ever

Ahehehe... yeah I can understand that being awkward. I will admit, I'm surprised they let him sell the stuff at the con. Sure, you might find worse stuff on TV, but aparantly there were some awkward moments between parents and their children near his stand.
    Huh. That is odd.
    Actually, come to think of it, I think I just turned a blind eye to most of the adult fare. I remember the pinkie Pie cosplay who was pink bob cut, thigh highs, tutu and corset and that's it. That was probably some at the NC17 crowd.

It's a weird thought, isn't it? We're perfectly fine with complete strangers seeing us every day when we leave our homes, but the idea of people we know seeing our faces on the internet makes us hesitate.
    Well, strangers have the anonymity thing going. The Internet is like a sniper's laser. It's your face forever attached to your name in the Signal. You can't stop the Signal.

On the street you could say "my name is frilly McGuffinhead" and move on. I'd forget about you, or maybe exacerbate the tale or my friends.

Don't Google! At least, not with images. I'd recommend Urban Dictionary. As for how bad... well you will probably walk away thinking "Why the hell would anyone do that?". And you might get kinda queasy too.
    This frightens me. Should I be frightened? Because I am.

I- Uh-

What? XD
    What? Creepy? I'm not creepy :D

Wow, I'm getting into this quote post thing aren't I? I've clearly learned a thing or two from Starry this weekend. XD
    That's cool. I could use the company!
    Though I won't be able to keep up this pace. Other concerns are Reston their heads as I recover from the con ordeal.

I can only imagine how the ponies who actually did tiring stud must feel

Pictures! Just the ones from my phone for now. I'm not sure how to get them from my Dad's camera yet.

Me and Lauren Faust!
    Spoiler
    Show

Little bit blurry, but oh well. What can you do?
    Huzzah!

A few of the Bronycon staff hold up the banner that was outside the venue. Spot the Jade.
    Spoiler
    Show

Suddenly! VorpalBob!
    "suddenly, Vorpalbob" was perhaps the funniest thing I've experienced all day. Thanks~

Derpy is actually a really good dancer! Who knew?
    (Warning: Dark and blurry)
    Spoiler
    Show

I feel terribly left out for missing this.
    Oh well. Next year I'll stalk the people in fur suits.

Quote Originally Posted by Tectonic Robot View Post
    Jibbles you guys are SO SPEEDY.

SO SPEEEEDYYYY
    OURS IS THE SPEED THAT WILL PIERCE THE SERVERwait why is this a good thing?

Anyway, I hear we have a tumblr now! That's really cool and such. ^^ *Secretely hopes to be mentioned in the tumblr*

Also, OC stable? As the element of OCs, I demand to log aaalllllll of mine. 3: All of them.

Should I compile a list, or...?
    Compile! An don't feel bad. I have the tumblr bookmarked and have no idea what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Okies. *I could always just find pure adrenaline and inject it into you somehow (no yaoi unless you like it).
    That... Wouldn't that kill him?!?!

One way to find out I suppose~

[Tangent] [newage]
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Spoiler
    Show
    Anyway. Guys, gals, fillies and gentlecolts I want to bring something here, because really there is nowhere else where I can talk about this, without getting laughed at or sent to an asylum. It might get longish, please bear with me.

As many others here I have the ability to create small mental constructs to represent characters, either to represent NPCs when I'm gamemastering/directing, others for writing, sometimes just for funny conversations with a known character, etc. I call them internal simulators, for lack of a better description.

So, the last few days my internal character simulators for both Twilight and Pinkie Pie exhibited unusual behaviour; until first Pinkie and then Twi informed me that they both were aware of their own existence as mental constructs, that they were fine with it, but that, apparently that I have gifted them with a modicum of free will.*
    So far the only other entity that had this honor was a lizardy demonic entity called Ziggie (a cookie if you realize it's full name), which is long gone now.
    They live in a internal parallel Ponyville in Equestria which obviously exists in my mind, where also my ponysona (the one at the left) lives, (oh, meet Magnus by the way, still no last name).*

They know that any other character there is only a simulated one at best, but they compared their relationship with them to my own relationship with the two of them; Which is, I know they are not real, but if there is nothing else, they suffice for a conversation.

Ok, since I want to make a point tonight, let's go to the core of the issue.
    Twilight got mad at me, I won't go into details as of why, but she was really angry at me.
    Pinkie tried to calm things down, but I had to let Twi cool off, who locked herself in the library, and I couldn't will myself into it. In my own mentalscape!
    Only after Pinkie spoke alone with her; was I allowed to enter the library and talk with Twilight.
    (I truly do not know what Pinkie said to Twilight).

She forgave me but informed that there was a punishment since she was still a little hurt and angry, I was informed that I had to study really hard for the oncoming finals, no procrastination whatsoever.*

This is the point where I got scared, never a mental construct was so contrary to my personal desires and adamant that I should follow with her opinion.
    I mean Twilight has a point, and is... you know, Twilight.
    But, truth to be told, I was going to study just the basics and try to wing the finals.

However with Twilight literally looking over my shoulder... or should I say from within, I now have to study.

Anyway, My question to the forum are these:

How crazy I am that these mental constructs have a, albeit small, free will?

Specially when said free will is contrary to what I would normally do?

It is wrong that I care for this two, even when I know exactly what they are?
    Even tough that I think that I could make them disappear with enough meditation and mental effort? Not that I want to do that... for now.

I don't know, I think that I'm asking for opinions, thoughts, some comfort perhaps from people that more or less have this kind of thought processes.

Thank you all, and If i'm too crazy for this thread, tell me and I shall not bother you anymore. (Tough I doubt to even crack the top twenty in craziness here)
    Sanity is a construct use to convey whether you can function and participate in society.
    More specifically, this is a relatively common occurrence. I always just let them switch driver's seats. It's part of why I don't have a clear self identity. We've sort of blurred and rule by consensus.

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Well, congratulations. You seem to have created not one, but two Tulpas, completely by accident with no conscious effort of your own.*

For those counting at home, you have more of a chance of being struck by lightning on a clear, sunny day, than to create one accidentally. That you have created two, and a third one which has since gone away, is a miracle. I envy you. Be very careful, these creatures are of your mind, but they have free will. They have access to every single conscious and subconscious thought you have. They can access memories, and fears. If you make a tulpa really mad, they could damage you quite severely in the brain area.
    Ahh, Tulpa. There's a word! Brings back memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Just as long as you all remember that there is no-one inside your head but you, even if several of yourself may insist otherwise.

Also;
    Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, fie. I always disliked the need to maintain that anything deviant still fits within the commonly accepted binary framework. Skepticism is useful, but don't be too rigid.

Which finally narrows down why I feel so weird calling Luka out on being a brony. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    ...I dunno, doesn't seem that odd to me cuz that's pretty much what happens when I'm dreaming just after waking up , and somewhat latent when awake since I'm always, ALWAYS daydreaming. All I think is.... That's awesome.
    Aha. Me too, actually. I've never met someone else who was always out an about, as it were. Nifty.

though, my mind's more messed up than that, like some evil alterego that revives moments I went/go/would go into and does something bad..... It makes me fear being a bad person.
    Being a bad person is bad and you shouldn't do it u_u

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    Sounds simple enough, but of course it never is as simple as it sounds. Thank you though, this should help on my journey.*

The option on point 4, could I use that to induce a lucid dream, or is that harder?
    Why is everyone so up on lucid dreaming? I find I wouldn't change anything about my dreams anyway, so working for even more control seems like regimenting your vacation and stressing over the schedule to me.

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
    The idea that the characters have free will likely comes from the fact that they are characters you are familiar but they are not your characters. *While the NPCs move to your puppet-string tugs, ponies are very established as not.
    Yes and no. It's an established phenomenon outside of ponies, and outside of fiction in general (insomuch as there even exists an outside of fiction). People have been experiencing this, whether as delusions or actuality, for a very long time.

Really, the biggest debate is whether they have powerful wills for enacting this, or weak wills for being Bossed around by figments, phantasmagoric and other such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
    Hey, fire is pretty. Ignore this one.
    Ah, but fire also hot! Professy-Wessy checked.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    You see, this is why I like people responding to me about things I run. That didn't cross my mind 'til now. Added, if anyone wants to add anything.

I think there are few tumblr questions, I'll post 'em later.
    Yay! I'll look at those post-haste.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    I really really badly want to get into this tulpa conversation, but then the entire thread would turn into Feeling Pinkie Keen, starring Raz as Twilight Sparkle and Zigg as Pinkie Pie. And, I dunno, maybe Thanqol as Spike. He'd be a good Spike.

And I really don't want to get hit by anvils and pianos. Maybe mental anvils and pianos. So I will refrain from going, "Tulpas don't exiiiiiiist" and instead sit over here and think it really hard.
    Psh. Of course Tulpa are real. If they weren't, then we wouldn't be able to discuss them

More seriously, I'll blurb at you the next time I can be mark'd to get on AIM. Board rules and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    Pretty much everything left in my degree is optional for-fun courses, with the exception of a single 1001 course I missed in my first year. I reckon I got this.
    Oh! Well then, replace my previous cautios pessimism with Fan—****in'—Tabulous!!

Thank you, and thank you everyone who sent congratulations. Right now my plan is 'get out of academia and get a real job, use it to avoid starving while I start work on a major novel'.
    A solid plan! Though leave it to the Hossie to make the most strides towards the American Dream XD

Actually, none of my personality shards are Fate mages!
    Jayden: Forces/Matter/Space
    Mask: Death/Mind
    Charger: Life/Spirit/Time
    Oho, a shared blind spot. Stupendous. I'll have to investigate that Acanthus sliver after all.

Oh yeah, the tumblr thing. Uh. I'll see if I can make time to get mine done sometime soon.
    You could reuse some of your current art actually.

On the topic of crazy. Hey maximus25, did some more reading on Tulpas, particularly on the physical manifestation part... Pinkie is already prone to breaking barriers... plus I have some experience with witchcraft (being a non-aligned wiccan and all) Oh god, what have I done...*

I have to be sure to never give her enough power... The parties would be awesome tough. Only half joking here... he.

Nevermind me, I have to discuss some things with a certain pink pony in my head now.
    Ahaha. Careful, careful! You tread to close to the edge, and if you fall off then all will see the stage! The props revealed for what they are, cardboard and string, and yet still you take flight? Madness.

More intelligibly, specific religion stuff is a board no-no. Saying you are Wiccan is one thing, beginning to discuss a possible spell or such, which you almost did jokingly, is too far. Not everyone believes 'power' exists, and that's not a discussion that can go long without touching on Religion in a big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Strife Warzeal View Post
    You too? I just figured it was happening to me because I'm following all of one blog.
    Thoughts added in.

All questions open:
    Spoiler
    Show
    I'm actually curious about this one, because personally I can think of 5 ponies here that could calim "leadership-ness"

the leader ship is of course either JADExMIDNIGHT, FLUTTERDASH (that's right, Flutterdash, y'wanna fight about it?), or LIXIExEVERYPONY

on a scale of one to ten; Monocle! (occasionally alfalfa)

Unicorn? Who knows. But we've got an Earth Pony on the case.
    Spoiler
    Show

I have no clue who could have asked this, nope no idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokonic View Post
    Okay, it's settled then. The ruler of ponythread is Phoe on her golden throne.
    Spoiler
    Show

It's actually teak, ivory and garnets to bring out her eyes.
    Dem pony eyes.
    Last edited by SiuiS; 2012-07-06 at 02:58 AM.

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dexam View Post
    Actually, it's a bloody nuisance trying to take photos or video of him sometimes:
    Mini-Dex: *doing something cute*
    Mrs Dex: Oh look, he's doing something cute! *grabs camera and points it at Mini-Dex*
    Mini-Dex: *stops doing the cute something to stare at the camera*
    Mrs Dex:
    Aha. He's already learning to troll! Even better!

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    The answer however is that there is a series of proxy servers in place. Check Rawhide's update in the board issues section.
    Now, if it was just GitP, I could associtae with the proxy servers (I read that news). But other sites have been doing the same thing...

(Not taking any chance this time, this is goin' straight into Notepad...)

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS
    Sorry, I played that thing do much I other APCs for actually look like that...

I...

Get the gist of that sentence, I think, but that's muddled even by your phone's best standards...!

Yes they do. I've seen dozens of those. A couple that weren't utter tripe, too. Did you look? It's not that they aren't there but that from an omnivore's perspective it's just not going to be popular enough to enter public conscious.

You want disturbing? Go read fan fiction for Veggie Tales. The grim dark stuff.
    Good.

The problem is, however, not clever people on the Internets, it's uncreative numpties doing all the childern's (and adult's) television. And it's not popular because generally no-one in a position to do so TRIES, just sticking with the same old same old. And that lack drives me to rocket launcher.

Carnivores are evil because they are sentient, the herbivores are sentient, and the carnivores spend the entire film traumatizing the protags by harrying them before the eventual murderfest. that's evil. The eating is either causative or coincidental depending on how evil the antagonist is.
    That's the in-world logic. That's not what I'm arguing with.

I have a problem with the whole concept of the writers, when deciding to write about sentient/sapient animals (when not just ignoring the whole concept of death altogether - don't get me started on that piece of molly-coddling nonsense) ALWAYS (not sometimes, not occasionally, ALWAYS) choosing to write the story in that same, tired old way because they are too stupid, lazy and idiotic to have a creative thought.

In a work of equal sophonts the carnivores REALLY ARE cold blooded sociopathic cannibal murderers. By apllyin the rule 'equally' you remove the very thing you sought to protect.
    And they are always protrayed as Monsters, not Villains, which is what annoys me most. (There is a BIIIG difference.) THAT is a conscious decision by the writers, and I have yet to ever see an inversion of that, where the herbivores are the non-communiative, engimatic Monsters, which is what annoys me. (Because herbivores totally can't be threatening can they, *cough*hippo*cough* collective idiot writers of the world?)

Fer cryin' out loud, most of the Dinosaur herbivores are Hideously Beweaponed!

I.M. Weasel!
    Yes, I don't think I really need to qualify the problems with that one, do I?

Huh. Always just figured that was bad English, on account of pterodactyl being short semi plural for pteradactylus. Like one would use the word 'meowth' to refer to the poképlural.
    I'm not sure what the plural is actually, now you come to menton it.The internet is unhelpful, impling it either might be pterodactyls or it might be pterodactylus is itself a plural. (The presence of "pterodactyls" used incorrectly everywhere makes it hard to sort through.)

I love that this basically sounds like "carnivores are evil" XD
    But I could not eat AT ALL. And I will eat sentient creatures for kicks if mood takes me...

But I think I've argued enough on this. Those Films are not worth that much of time, save for when I take great pleasure in setting them - and the souls of the writers - on plasma when my time comes.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2012-07-06 at 05:04 AM.

3. - Top - End - #333
    Titan in the Playground

Me and Lauren Faust!
    Spoiler
    Show

Little bit blurry, but oh well. What can you do?
    I... I don't even... So much jelly... ;___;

Quote Originally Posted by Balmas View Post

And, I think I found our official image:
    Spoiler
    Show
    That... That is awesome...

Which reminds me... anypony here going to B.U.C.K? I'm kind of tempted to buy tickets, but not quite sure yet.

Also, here's my desktop:
    Spoiler
    Show

What?
    I can fanboy over Tron: Uprising as well!

But no, seriously, here's some of my pony swag:
    Spoiler
    Show

That's not dust, by the way, that's just my camera being awkward. This is dust.
    Spoiler
    Show

That thing is bucking annoying to clean.
    Last edited by Nameless; 2012-07-06 at 05:12 AM.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Titan in the Playground

Also, click, what wa that about a rumored BronyCon orgy now?!?! Like there could be an orgy Vorpalbob was unaware of. Scoff.
    From what I hear, 'tis nothing but a joke that people ended up taking as rumorfact.

Spoiler
    Show

Dem pony eyes.
    There is really only one logical response to this.

ALL HAIL PHOE, QUEEN OF THE PLAYGROUND PONE.

*gives tribute of rope*
    Last edited by TheAmishPirate; 2012-07-06 at 06:21 AM.
    I'm developing a game. Let's see what happens! Complex.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Titan in the Playground

Two stories accepted on FimFiction now, including Roots of a Heart. The other is an old Cupcakes clone-ish thing I wrote long ago. Apparently they only allow me to submit two stories a day.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    for the "who's in charge" question I had an idea.

have thread-pony in the foreground, with a throne in the back. as he explains a would-be plausible governing system, have the various attempted conquerors systematically attacking the person on the throne and replacing them.
    which fits so well with the multiple Coup thread we had just a short time ago

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    But no, seriously, here's some of my pony swag:
    Spoiler
    Show
    wish i could put my ponies out on desk like that...but i would never find them again as any small loose thing like that gets "hunted" by my cat
    seriously cannot leave a bottlecap on desk to input code later for 5 minutes before it is gone...don't know how many pens have gone missing
    Last edited by otakuryoga; 2012-07-06 at 07:23 AM.
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

7. - Top - End - #337
    Colossus in the Playground

So I just met an Equestria Daily prereader in a professional capacity for the first time. He had some interesting comments:

Spoiler
    Show
    >“I’m fine!” said Bon Bon, “I

The attribution tag is attached to the first part of the dialogue, which terminated in strong punctuation. This in itself is fine, but the tag should end in a full stop as a result, not a comma.

>“It already is!” She said

Dialogue attribution tags following the dialogue that they're attached to should begin with a lowercase letter.

>“Which way to the bathroom?” She said,

Same deal as the previous note.

>“You didn’t – you didn’t – “ Bon Bon frothed briefly, “I’m breaking you into

I'll leave aside en dashes and spaces as a style difference, but the action in the middle is not an attribution tag, and it should have a full stop instead of a comma.

>“Just get in here!” She cried desperately.

Same as before. Attribution tags following the dialogue that they're attached to should begin with a lowercase letter.

>“You’re stuck!” said Bon Bon, mind reeling with the horror of it, “Security could

As before, the tag is attached to dialogue that ends in strong punctuation, and so the tag should end in a full stop, not a comma.

>“This is because you can’t lay off the shakes!” Bon Bon accused, “You’re getting fat in the flank!”

This one's ambiguous, as it's not clear whether the tag is attached to the first section of dialogue or the second, but it's worth noting (though it doesn't count against you, as it isn't wrong, exactly).

>“It’s summer.” Hissed Bon Bon.

Dialogue with an attribution tag following it should end in... not a full stop. Almost anything but a full stop, in fact. At the same time, the tag should begin with a lowercase letter when it follows the dialogue it's attached to.

And all this left one burning question in my mind.

What the buck is an attribution tag?

In all my years of schooling and four years of a university creative writing degree I have never heard the term 'attribution tag' before in my life. I'm not sure if this is a hole in my education or just a thing that doesn't happen in Australia.

Could somepony here explain it to me in words I can comprehend? And better, could somepony with an eye for it scan my story for misuses? If this is something I'm apparently doing wrong all the time I'd really like to know about it and fix it.
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-07-06 at 07:18 AM.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by otakuryoga View Post
    which fits so well with the multiple Coup thread we had just a short time ago
    that was the idea.
    sadly im completely inept when it comes to drawing.

@thanqol.
    an attribution tag is things like ["x" she said] because it's attributing the speech to the character.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-07-06 at 07:31 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

9. - Top - End - #339
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

/snip
    as far as i can tell what he means by attribution tag would be
    --"the part that tells us who is speaking"--

no idea if thats an "official" term or widely used unofficial one as i have never taken any sort of creative writing course

>>>“It already is!” She said

Dialogue attribution tags following the dialogue that they're attached to should begin with a lowercase letter.

I would agree with this...usually when i see he/she said after dialogue it is lower cased...the upper case just seems jarring to me for some reason
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

10. - Top - End - #340

that was the idea.
    sadly im completely inept when it comes to drawing.

@thanqol.
    an attribution tag is things like ["x" she said] because it's attributing the speech to the character.
    as far as i can tell what he means by attribution tag would be
    --"the part that tells us who is speaking"--

no idea if thats an "official" term or widely used unofficial one as i have never taken any sort of creative writing course

>>>“It already is!” She said

I would agree with this...usually when i see he/she said after dialogue it is lower cased...the upper case just seems jarring to me for some reason
    Yeah, this much I've gathered, but what are the rules for how they work?

11. - Top - End - #341
    Titan in the Playground

So I just met an Equestria Daily prereader in a professional capacity for the first time. He had some interesting comments:

Spoiler
    Show

The attribution tag is attached to the first part of the dialogue, which terminated in strong punctuation. This in itself is fine, but the tag should end in a full stop as a result, not a comma.

I'll leave aside en dashes and spaces as a style difference, but the action in the middle is not an attribution tag, and it should have a full stop instead of a comma.

Same as before. Attribution tags following the dialogue that they're attached to should begin with a lowercase letter.

>“You’re stuck!” said Bon Bon, mind reeling with the horror of it, “Security could

As before, the tag is attached to dialogue that ends in strong punctuation, and so the tag should end in a full stop, not a comma.

>“This is because you can’t lay off the shakes!” Bon Bon accused, “You’re getting fat in the flank!”

This one's ambiguous, as it's not clear whether the tag is attached to the first section of dialogue or the second, but it's worth noting (though it doesn't count against you, as it isn't wrong, exactly).

Dialogue with an attribution tag following it should end in... not a full stop. Almost anything but a full stop, in fact. At the same time, the tag should begin with a lowercase letter when it follows the dialogue it's attached to.

In all my years of schooling and four years of a university creative writing degree I have never heard the term 'attribution tag' before in my life. I'm not sure if this is a hole in my education or just a thing that doesn't happen in Australia.

Could somepony here explain it to me in words I can comprehend? And better, could somepony with an eye for it scan my story for misuses? If this is something I'm apparently doing wrong all the time I'd really like to know about it and fix it.
    Ah, I got a lot of similar complaints back when I tried to get Nightmare Sonata approved, it lead to a lot of headaches and pointless combing for things that authors shouldn't have to worry about because that's a job for editors who are trained in the "art". Apparently some pre-readers over there are big on punctuation/style.

As for "attribution tag", I've never heard that terminology, but I believe otakuryoga is right. It's all about what dialogue "said X" or "X said" and similar phrases refers to.

Edit: Double Pinkie'd
    Last edited by Deadly; 2012-07-06 at 07:36 AM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Troll in the Playground

@thanqol
    working on the quotes, hold plz

Spoiler
    Show
    >“I’m fine!” said Bon Bon(period) “I
    "im fine" said bonbon is a complete thought.

>“It already is!” lower case>She said

>“Which way to the bathroom?” same>She said,

>“You didn’t – you didn’t – “ Bon Bon frothed briefly(period) “I’m breaking you into

>“Just get in here!” lower case>She cried desperately.

>“You’re stuck!” said Bon Bon,<(maybe period?) mind reeling with the horror of it(period) “Security could

>(“This is because you can’t lay off the shakes!”) Bon Bon accused, [“You’re getting fat in the flank!”]
    does "bonbon accused" apply to what i put in () or []? it's ambiguous.given the context it's both obviously but could get weird in another context.

he's saying remove the period in the "".

there.
    the rules for dialogue are inane and horribly inconsistent, even between the US and UK.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-07-06 at 08:06 AM.
    a tiny space dedicated to a beloved grandpa now passed. may every lunch be peanut butter-banana sandwiches.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

13. - Top - End - #343

@thanqol
    working on the quotes, hold plz

Spoiler
    Show
    >“I’m fine!” said Bon Bon(period) “I
    "im fine" said bonbon is a complete thought.

>“It already is!” lower case>She said

>“Which way to the bathroom?” same>She said,

>“You didn’t – you didn’t – “ Bon Bon frothed briefly(period) “I’m breaking you into

>“Just get in here!” lower case>She cried desperately.

>“You’re stuck!” said Bon Bon,<(maybe period?) mind reeling with the horror of it(period) “Security could

>(“This is because you can’t lay off the shakes!”) Bon Bon accused, [“You’re getting fat in the flank!”]
    does "bonbon accused" apply to what i put in () or []? it's ambiguous.given the context it's both obviously but could get weird in another context.

he's saying remove the period in the "".

there.
    the rules for dialogue are inane and horribly inconsistent, even between the US and UK.
    Okay... I think I'm starting to understand. I really understand the inane and inconsistent bit!

Can I convince you to do this for the entire story? I'll offer you a drawrequeeeeesstt~
    Last edited by Thanqol; 2012-07-06 at 08:17 AM.

14. - Top - End - #344
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tvtyrant View Post
    Done.

Nice pics! My envy levels threaten to reach critical mass.
    Thanks! I do like that comic. Nice to see young macho pony!

*Tulpas stuff*

I quoted this wanting to say something, but with no idea what. The idea behind having other personalities in one's head is not new, but the idea that you can just... make them, especially accidently, is rather... disturbing to me. My head is a private place, I certainly wouldn't want to share it.

On the other hand, you get to hang out with Twilight and Pinkie. I'm kinda jealous. Kinda.

It's still weird.

Sorry.

No, I'm just bitter because I've been assaulted by geese.
    Ouch. Those things are vicious.

Yep! We had actually only met them when we first got in. They happened to be at the restaurant again later. They're pretty swell chaps.
    Are they notable in the community for anything? At least one of those names sounds familiar.

Me too, oddly. Except the tea. Can't stand the stuff, don't know why.
    It's an aquired taste, I guess.

Hm. That is odd. What kind of card? I've found most cards have easy adapters in USB form, for around £15.
    Not a clue.

See, I don't understand this. Perhaps it's my violent reputation, but I don't get people willing to make fun of me - I like the more subdued pictures because they're tasteful. I am me, I am I; none other can tell me what to do. I refrain from being all PONY! Everywhere because its not always relevant, and my friends have asked me politely to tone it down. But that's it.
    I've had people insulting and bullying me as long as I can remember. Perhaps it wouldn't have stuck if I was violent about it. Then again, I'm not exactly tough.

Oh, it could have been worse. You should have seen what Vorpal was doing to Luna!

Now that I've had time to think about it, I see it a bit differently. It's like... Gaming. The players came up with a good idea. The GM thinks we're all crazy, but it is a good idea, so she's Rollin with it. I think that level of feedback and such is why this fandom grew. It's the 4e principle of "say yes".
    That's a great way to think about it actually. I like it!

Apple Corp made me smile, and then rage. Unless "Planned Obsolescence" came from a designer the size of Big Macintosh, I'm gonna buck him in the chops!
    Planned Obsolescence of apples? They do go bad, but I don't think that's planned.

Bear in mind that I wasn't making a joke about the actual Apple company or anything. I just felt that Apple Corp was a clever name.

Well, strangers have the anonymity thing going. The Internet is like a sniper's laser. It's your face forever attached to your name in the Signal. You can't stop the Signal.
    Well, now I feel rather uncomfortable putting my picture online.

This frightens me. Should I be frightened? Because I am.
    Frightened? Nah, it's not that bad. Just kinda gross.

Sadly, I am at work and cannot watch videos. Which is a shame because I'm sure that I really want to see this.

"suddenly, Vorpalbob" was perhaps the funniest thing I've experienced all day. Thanks~
    It was pretty funny at the time too.

I feel terribly left out for missing this.
    Oh well. Next year I'll stalk the people in fur suits.

Spoiler
    Show

Dem pony eyes.
    Well, I did think of doing this, with my character trying to explain that we're all equal while sitting atop a huge throne... but I cannot possibly argue with this.

And, I think I found our official image:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Poor Apple Bloom. Ponies! Y U NO LET APPLE BLOOM PLAY?

Quote Originally Posted by Nameless View Post
    I... I don't even... So much jelly... ;___;
    There, there. *hugs* I'm totally jelly of the others who got to go to the meet and greet. All I did was say "I love the show! Can I get a picture?"

Which reminds me... anypony here going to B.U.C.K? I'm kind of tempted to buy tickets, but not quite sure yet.
    I'm tempted too, but I've spent so much money on Bronycon. If there's a group of us going, maybe.
    Used to be Diego Havoc
    Spoiler: About Me
    Show
    Diego Havoc, one of the hoopier froods I've met, up there with DeLancie.

15. - Top - End - #345
    Troll in the Playground

Okay... I think I'm starting to understand. I really understand the inane and inconsistent bit!

Can I convince you to do this for the entire story? I'll offer you a drawrequeeeeesstt~
    i guess. PM me the notes they gave you so far (it helps to know what they're harping on). i should get through it by tomorrow.
    Last edited by thubby; 2012-07-06 at 09:20 AM.
    i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

16. - Top - End - #346
    Troll in the Playground

That's a great way to think about it actually. I like it!
    Second. It's a great analogy.
    Truth resists simplicity.

17. - Top - End - #347
    Orc in the Playground

I can take the one about us each having our own elements. It will probably involve a description of several bronies, plus Luka. Then, EXPLOSIONS!

What's more, I'll actually finish what I claim, because I have a ton of spare time tomorrow.
    Speaking of thread elements...
    How taken are the elements of multiple personalities/Tulpas or Console/Command Prompt?

Also, found this while searching for source material. Creepy.
    Spoiler
    Show
    I couldn't see the image so I relinked it:
    Spoiler
    Show

Sanity is a construct use to convey whether you can function and participate in society.
    More specifically, this is a relatively common occurrence. I always just let them switch driver's seats. It's part of why I don't have a clear self identity. We've sort of blurred and rule by consensus.
    Interesting, as far as I understood, my fiancee's mind used to work like that with only three existing main personas who ruled on majority vote.

Ahaha. Careful, careful! You tread to close to the edge, and if you fall off then all will see the stage! The props revealed for what they are, cardboard and string, and yet still you take flight? Madness.

More intelligibly, specific religion stuff is a board no-no. Saying you are Wiccan is one thing, beginning to discuss a possible spell or such, which you almost did jokingly, is too far. Not everyone believes 'power' exists, and that's not a discussion that can go long without touching on Religion in a big way.
    I still need to have that talk with Pinkie...

And sorry, I was never trying to thread even closely to touching religion stuff, the comment just happened. Never gonna bring it up again. Sorry
    I quoted this wanting to say something, but with no idea what. The idea behind having other personalities in one's head is not new, but the idea that you can just... make them, especially accidently, is rather... disturbing to me. My head is a private place, I certainly wouldn't want to share it.

On the other hand, you get to hang out with Twilight and Pinkie. I'm kinda jealous. Kinda.

It's still weird.

Sorry.
    Don't worry. It's weird, I know that. Specially since after yesterday they went to a private party at Rarity's (I wasn't invited!) and I know that they were talking about me...
    Everything seems fine today, tough they had trouble awakening today, apparently mental constructs can get tired for partying hard and staying up late.

Cue the recent conversation...

And this kills any interest on ever writing some fanfiction.

Oh Blastech, how are you faring with the tumblr post? I'm excited to see it finished.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-06 at 10:19 AM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate View Post
    There is really only one logical response to this.

ALL HAIL PHOE, QUEEN OF THE PLAYGROUND PONE.

*gives tribute of rope*
    This would work pretty well, yes. Also Amish, I'm leaving for Japan today and I will find you at some point (in a non-stalker way).

Spoiler
    Show

You know, I've never heard the term attribution tag, but what he's actually correcting is your use of run on sentences. "'blah blah blah' said X" is a complete sentence, so comma splicing it to another set of dialogue makes a run on most of the time.
    School Fox by Atlur

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Anarion's right on the money here.
    Quotes

"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.”
    Oscar Wilde Writer & Poet (1891)

19. - Top - End - #349
    Ettin in the Playground
    Last edited by Gamerlord; 2012-07-06 at 10:34 AM.
    Credit for my various avatars goes to Dashwood,Cealocanth,Kwarkpudding,Randomizer,kpengu in,Alarra,Bisected8,zimmerwald1915, and Thanqol.

Once known as "Gamerkid".

20. - Top - End - #350
    Troll in the Playground

i has 2/4 an internets.
    old avatars
    Spoiler
    Show

gnome_4ever:

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

wish i could put my ponies out on desk like that...but i would never find them again as any small loose thing like that gets "hunted" by my cat
    seriously cannot leave a bottlecap on desk to input code later for 5 minutes before it is gone...don't know how many pens have gone missing
    Shame. I guess I'm lucky my cat's too lazy to even bother. xP

There, there. *hugs* I'm totally jelly of the others who got to go to the meet and greet. All I did was say "I love the show! Can I get a picture?"
    Bronycon is one of those things I really wanna go to, but probably never will. I watched a bunch of videos on Youtube and looked through photos, it looked amazing.
    I'm hoping some kind of con will pop up closer to home.

22. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Perhaps using the guide will enable you to catch all the pokemon...
    In 10 seconds flat?

23. - Top - End - #353
    Ogre in the Playground

I simply take this as further evidence that ponies are slowly taking over the world.
    If brute force isn't working, that just means you're not using enough of it.

When in doubt, set something on fire. If not in doubt, set something on fire anyway.

My Homebrew

Spoiler: PbP Characters
    Show

24. - Top - End - #354
    Barbarian in the Playground

Griffon

I don't think the other image is a Pokemon either.

Perhaps they're Pokemonifying other pieces of media?

25. - Top - End - #355
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki Snakes View Post
    Perhaps using the guide will enable you to catch all the pokemon...
    In 10 seconds flat?
    Ponies look like anime animation.

Ponies are cute, cuddly and a little small.

Pokemon has made horse types of pokemon before.

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a rainbow dash pokemon official, I'd definitely catch that kind of pokemon.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".

26. - Top - End - #356
    Troll in the Playground

I have this drawn, and my little 20-minute sketch came out a hell of a lot better than it has any reason to with my artistic talent. To the scanner and onwards to the GIMP!
    ze/zir | she/her

Omnia Vincit Amor

27. - Top - End - #357
    Orc in the Playground

Well certainly this is not the first time we have seen this, right?

Spoiler
    Show

Maybe they are trying to get back at ponies?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

I wouldn't be surprised if they made a rainbow dash pokemon official, I'd definitely catch that kind of pokemon.
    Interesting, but if they made a Fluttershy one, it would be uncatchable... no one would dare to attack her.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-06 at 12:21 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

28. - Top - End - #358
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post

Or made it as a shiny skin. Which would be pretty awesome to just find.

Also I'm thinking of trying out X-Com. Which one should I get, or should I bite the bullet and get all of them? Also it is a good game right?
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Bugbear in the Playground

Bully! Do you have any recommendations for a good d6 game, good miss Topaz?
    Wait, a good game using the D6 rules or just a good game using d6s?

I must admit here that unlike my more gifted compatriots I'm not one of those gamers who can look at a rules set and immediately envision all the implications; I have to play with it a while.

In evaluating an MLP game my thought process is likely to meander in this fashion:

1) Is this an actual game, or is it one of those Make **** Up things? Because I can Make **** Up without having to bother with some piece of crap that hasn't even been properly play-tested.

2) How stupid is it to run an earth pony in this game?

3) Is unicorn magic handled in a way that looks enough like the show that I can use it without wondering why I bothered to use an MLP game instead of just writing my own guidelines for some toolkit game like M&M or BESM?

4) Is there any potential for non-pony PCs? Because the odds of my getting to run a pony game with my group are already miniscule, and if I can't at least make griffon PCs available they drop to near zero.

-- for what it's worth.
    Blue Star Topaz is my name
    Equestria's my station
    The Elements define my creed
    The Herd's my destination

30. - Top - End - #360
    Troll in the Playground

BlackDragon

The last time I was here, we were on Page 3....

... and the magnitude of the number of posts and threads you guys go through daily and weekly/monthly respectively just hit me.

Christ!
    You can call me anything. I've been called Inkin, Nono, INo, Names, and NoKnow so far.

As of 7/20, I've gotten help in trying to get past a physical addiction that's been eating at my time, and finished recovering from a spot of trouble that ended up eeking into Self-Harm. I'm doing better now; here's hoping it lasts a bit longer...