New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 10 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192035 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #271
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XLVIII: I say Ol' Chap, how about those Equestrians?

Jibbles you guys are SO SPEEDY.

SO SPEEEEDYYYY

Anyway, I hear we have a tumblr now! That's really cool and such. ^^ *Secretely hopes to be mentioned in the tumblr*

Also, OC stable? As the element of OCs, I demand to log aaalllllll of mine. 3: All of them.

Should I compile a list, or...?

2. - Top - End - #272
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Quote Originally Posted by Diego Havoc View Post
    I'm sorry, but the text was impossible to read. A link to the original would have helped.

Me and Lauren Faust!
    Spoiler
    Show

Little bit blurry, but oh well. What can you do?

A few of the Bronycon staff hold up the banner that was outside the venue. Spot the Jade.
    Spoiler
    Show

Suddenly! VorpalBob!

Derpy is actually a really good dancer! Who knew?
    (Warning: Dark and blurry)
    Spoiler
    Show

Done.

Nice pics! My envy levels threaten to reach critical mass.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

3. - Top - End - #273
    Barbarian in the Playground

Woohoo, Show and Spell has a following of 5!

Time to keep the train going and pump out chapter 3! Then 4!

I need more caffeine!

4. - Top - End - #274
    Dwarf in the Playground

*Brings Max five pots of coffee and a bag of coffee beans* I can jury-rig an IV if you wish.
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

5. - Top - End - #275
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    *Brings Max five pots of coffee and a bag of coffee beans* I can jury-rig an IV if you wish.
    Coffee IV? Why do that.
    *mixes all known energy drinks into toxic mixture*
    Hook that up.
    Ask me about our low price vacation plans in the Elemental Plane of Puppies and Pie
    Spoiler
    Show

Evoker avatar by kpenguin. Evoker Pony by Dirtytabs. Grey Mouser, disciple of cupcakes by me. Any and all commiepuppies by BRC

6. - Top - End - #276

I don't know, coffee into the veins doesn't sound too safe. I think I'll just stick with drinking it.

If you meant an actual IV, with nutrients and junk, then feel free.

I feel weird, though. Like, I should be dead tired, but I'm not, and I'm writing better now than I normally do when not sleep deprived for 34+ hours? Somewhere around that.

I'm just gonna keep going.
    Last edited by maximus25; 2012-07-05 at 04:06 PM.

7. - Top - End - #277
    Dwarf in the Playground

Okies. I could always just find pure adrenaline and inject it into you somehow (no yaoi unless you like it).
    If any of you wish to follow me my twitter is @RetroGamer1224. I am fun but #NSFW

8. - Top - End - #278
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by maximus25 View Post
    I don't know, coffee into the veins doesn't sound too safe. I think I'll just stick with drinking it.

If you meant an actual IV, with nutrients and junk, then feel free.

I feel weird, though. Like, I should be dead tired, but I'm not, and I'm writing better now than I normally do when not sleep deprived for 34+ hours? Somewhere around that.

I'm just gonna keep going.
    I've been there. My best writing is done when I'm hopped up on caffeine at 3 AM. My only piece of advise is to reread everything after a good night sleep before you post it.
    Proof-reading is totally unnecessary in the digital age now that we have spell cheque.

Pony thread's official Element of Youtube

9. - Top - End - #279

Will do. Any glaring mistakes from chapter 2 I should fix? I noticed there was a weird spacing issue in chapter one, with the first couple paragraphs spaced nicely then the rest just a jumbled mess.

This emotional scene is making me really sad. I'm gonna try to round it out with D'aws.

This is supposed to be a comedy, I think?

10. - Top - End - #280
    Dwarf in the Playground

Nuuuu. Keep the emotion in there. It is workig really well. You are showing fleshed out characters as well as development. I am picturing this like the show. Each part set up, then a commercial break. You are doing very very well. I approve.

11. - Top - End - #281

I kept both, but countered the sad with cute as to not overpower it with sad.

I have fleshed out character and development? This is news to me, I didn't think it was too good.

12. - Top - End - #282
    Dwarf in the Playground

I don't think it is over powered with sad. It fit in perfectly as trixie is seeing, to me, that making a show of it may not be the best thing to do. It is obvious the love the attention but may learn to see bringing attention when not needed may be a bad thing.

Hun your development is growing slowly with each part. As above with Trixie seeing that making a show is not really good all of the time she may grow to not be so loud and boasterious. Sweetie too will grow some, maybe. These feel like characters, again imo.

13. - Top - End - #283
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by SiuiS View Post
    Geez, Guys. I know the thread kinda dies after a good quote post, but this... Well, it is a holiday...

But maybe...

guys? am I the only one here? Am I really just a crazy changeling? Will the camera pan out to see me surrounded by a variety of mirrors at different distances and angles, a twisted funhouse of my own deranged psyche? I remember Celestia putting me in the dungeon all those years ago... Am I perhaps just keeping mysel going working towards some unseeable goal, surviving off the vestiges of love from my sliver personalities? Do I see Thanqol in the mirror and just not notice?

Guys?
    *shivers, alone*
    ...... Nope, your just in the imagination of a little girl named Megan, who is currently staring into a snowglobe while a giant baby floats off in the distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly View Post
    So I decided to join the FiMFiction crowd, in case anyone cares. I've just finished submitting most of my stories from deviantArt (except Fillystata and Mare in the Mirror, those will have to wait) though I'm not sure how long they'll take to get approved. Hopefully I tagged them all properly.

I'll still be posting all my stories on dA too, I just figured FiMFiction was where most of the action is these days.
    Huh, neat.

Quote Originally Posted by Thanqol View Post
    *Runs in*

Woo! Aced all my courses! Only one semester of university left and it's basically impossible for me to mess it up now!

Woop woop woop!
    Also, very cool. Also, university? I feel so young here.

In other news, I think someone should pass me that caffeine IV. I had corral a group of young screaming children for six hours. My mind hurts. Must..make...funny....comback...too...the lich's...post.

"Falls over into desk."
    Quote Originally Posted by Tychris1 View Post
    Pokonic look what you have done! You fool, you`ve doomed us all!
    Quote Originally Posted by Doorhandle View Post
    Oh Pokonic, never change. And never become my D.M.
    To those that are wondering; it's a unicorn leather knife hilt.
    Spoiler: Avatars
    Show

14. - Top - End - #284

Well, Chapter 3 is ready for review and critique, so feel free if it suits you.

This one feels like more of a filler then the others. Just a placeholder between chapter 2 and 4. I feel like there should be more, but what could I add?

I also feel like if I stop, I'll never come back and finish this fic ever, which is not a good feeling.

15. - Top - End - #285
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Well, Chapter 3 is ready for review and critique, so feel free if it suits you.

This one feels like more of a filler then the others. Just a placeholder between chapter 2 and 4. I feel like there should be more, but what could I add?

I also feel like if I stop, I'll never come back and finish this fic ever, which is not a good feeling.
    Spoiler
    Show

It works fine for what its doing, which is to set up the next big scene. And I understand the feeling, if I am working on a story I usually write down a ton the first time, a little the second, and then never touch it again. Please don't quit though, because I really enjoy this story!

Also, the Sweetie Bell as pyro aspect is awesome. I kinda hope she gets a fire cutie mark now... Or a solar flare or something.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2012-07-05 at 06:01 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

16. - Top - End - #286
    Orc in the Playground

*Runs in*

Woo! Aced all my courses! Only one semester of university left and it's basically impossible for me to mess it up now!

Woop woop woop!
    Congratulations!!, I still have 2 weeks more of finals, then a sabatic semester for my wedding and then final semester!

Woohoo, Show and Spell has a following of 5!

Time to keep the train going and pump out chapter 3! Then 4!

I need more caffeine!
    6 now, keep drinking.

Hey, Strife Warzeal, shouldn't we add dA to the list of information? Just a tought.

Anyway. Guys, gals, fillies and gentlecolts I want to bring something here, because really there is nowhere else where I can talk about this, without getting laughed at or sent to an asylum. It might get longish, please bear with me.

As many others here I have the ability to create small mental constructs to represent characters, either to represent NPCs when I'm gamemastering/directing, others for writing, sometimes just for funny conversations with a known character, etc. I call them internal simulators, for lack of a better description.

So, the last few days my internal character simulators for both Twilight and Pinkie Pie exhibited unusual behaviour; until first Pinkie and then Twi informed me that they both were aware of their own existence as mental constructs, that they were fine with it, but that, apparently that I have gifted them with a modicum of free will.
    So far the only other entity that had this honor was a lizardy demonic entity called Ziggie (a cookie if you realize it's full name), which is long gone now.

They live in a internal parallel Ponyville in Equestria which obviously exists in my mind, where also my ponysona (the one at the left) lives, (oh, meet Magnus by the way, still no last name).

They know that any other character there is only a simulated one at best, but they compared their relationship with them to my own relationship with the two of them; Which is, I know they are not real, but if there is nothing else, they suffice for a conversation.

Ok, since I want to make a point tonight, let's go to the core of the issue.
    Twilight got mad at me, I won't go into details as of why, but she was really angry at me.
    Pinkie tried to calm things down, but I had to let Twi cool off, who locked herself in the library, and I couldn't will myself into it. In my own mentalscape!
    Only after Pinkie spoke alone with her; was I allowed to enter the library and talk with Twilight.
    (I truly do not know what Pinkie said to Twilight).

She forgave me but informed that there was a punishment since she was still a little hurt and angry, I was informed that I had to study really hard for the oncoming finals, no procrastination whatsoever.

This is the point where I got scared, never a mental construct was so contrary to my personal desires and adamant that I should follow with her opinion.
    I mean Twilight has a point, and is... you know, Twilight.
    But, truth to be told, I was going to study just the basics and try to wing the finals.

However with Twilight literally looking over my shoulder... or should I say from within, I now have to study.

Anyway, My question to the forum are these:

How crazy I am that these mental constructs have a, albeit small, free will?

Specially when said free will is contrary to what I would normally do?

It is wrong that I care for this two, even when I know exactly what they are?
    Even tough that I think that I could make them disappear with enough meditation and mental effort? Not that I want to do that... for now.

I don't know, I think that I'm asking for opinions, thoughts, some comfort perhaps from people that more or less have this kind of thought processes.

Thank you all, and If i'm too crazy for this thread, tell me and I shall not bother you anymore. (Tough I doubt to even crack the top twenty in craziness here)
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-05 at 06:56 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

17. - Top - End - #287

Quote Originally Posted by SynissterSyster View Post
    Thanks!

Oh, you mean the other Max. Ah well, I prefer OJ over coffe any day.
    (Un?)official ponythread element of airships.

18. - Top - End - #288

Quote Originally Posted by Zigg'rrauglurr View Post
    Congratulations!!, I still have 2 weeks more of finals, then a sabatic semester for my wedding and then final semester!

6 now, keep drinking.

Hey, Strife Warzeal, shouldn't we add dA to the list of information? Just a tought.

Anyway. Guys, gals, fillies and gentlecolts I want to bring something here, because really there is nowhere else where I can talk about this, without getting laughed at or sent to an asylum. It might get longish, please bear with me.

As many others here I have the ability to create small mental constructs to represent characters, either to represent NPCs when I'm gamemastering/directing, others for writing, sometimes just for funny conversations with a known character, etc. I call them internal simulators, for lack of a better description.

So, the last few days my internal character simulators for both Twilight and Pinkie Pie exhibited unusual behaviour; until first Pinkie and then Twi informed me that they both were aware of their own existence as mental constructs, that they were fine with it, but that, apparently that I have gifted them with a modicum of free will.
    So far the only other entity that had this honor was a lizardy demonic entity called Ziggie (a cookie if you realize it's full name), which is long gone now.

They live in a internal parallel Ponyville in Equestria which obviously exists in my mind, where also my ponysona (the one at the left) lives, (oh, meet Magnus by the way, still no last name).

They know that any other character there is only a simulated one at best, but they compared their relationship with them to my own relationship with the two of them; Which is, I know they are not real, but if there is nothing else, they suffice for a conversation.

Twilight got mad at me, I won't go into details as of why, but she was really angry at me.
    Pinkie tried to calm things down, but I had to let Twi cool off, who locked herself in the library, and I couldn't will myself into it. In my own mentalscape!
    Only after Pinkie spoke alone with her; was I allowed to enter the library and talk with Twilight.

She forgave me but informed that there was a punishment since she was still a little hurt and angry, I was informed that I had to study really hard for the oncoming finals, no procrastination whatsoever.

This is the point where I got scared, never a mental construct was so contrary to my personal desires and adamant that I should follow with her opinion.
    But, truth to be told, I was going to study just the basics and try to wing the finals.

However with Twilight literally looking over my shoulder... or should I say from within, I now have to study.

Even tough that I think that I could make them disappear with enough meditation and mental effort? Not that I don't want to do that... for now.

I don't know, I think that I'm asking for opinions, thoughts, some comfort perhaps from people that more or less have this kind of thought processes.

Thank you all, and If i'm too crazy for this thread, tell me and I shall not bother you anymore. (Tough I doubt to even crack the top twenty in craziness here)
    Well, congratulations. You seem to have created not one, but two Tulpas, completely by accident with no conscious effort of your own.

For those counting at home, you have more of a chance of being struck by lightning on a clear, sunny day, than to create one accidentally. That you have created two, and a third one which has since gone away, is a miracle. I envy you. Be very careful, these creatures are of your mind, but they have free will. They have access to every single conscious and subconscious thought you have. They can access memories, and fears. If you make a tulpa really mad, they could damage you quite severely in the brain area.

19. - Top - End - #289
    Titan in the Playground

*Runs in*

Woop woop woop!
    Congrats and have fun in your last year!

6 now, keep drinking.

Even tough that I think that I could make them disappear with enough meditation and mental effort? Not that I don't want to do that... for now.

That is fascinating! I don't have mental constructs at all so its pretty foreign to me (or they are all hiding from my conscious mind) . I have to say that it seems to be pretty useful if it got you studying.

Now in spirt of this thread name I give you this
    Spoiler
    Show
    Spoiler: I'm a writer!
    Show
    Spoiler: Check out my fanfiction[URL="https://www.fanfiction.net/u/7493788/Forum-Explorer"
    Show
    here[/URL]
    ]Fate Stay Nano: Fate Stay Night x Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

I Fell in Love with a Storm: MLP

Procrastination: MLP

Spoiler: Original Fiction
    Show
    The Lost Dragon: A story about a priest who finds a baby dragon in his church and decides to protect them.

20. - Top - End - #290

Zigg: It doesn't seem all that odd to me. My own headvoices don't have a particular environment, but they do sometimes behave as though they have free will. You should've seen what it was like in here when Rose from Homestuck took exception to the most senior of them and then started picking on Fluttershy.

I don't think it's wrong or even odd to care for them. Keep in mind that they have no external existence, of course, but I find that mine help me empathize with the people around me. Also, don't let them override your own opinions or intentions, any more than you would a sibling or a close friend.
    Last edited by Kd7sov; 2012-07-05 at 06:44 PM.
    Level 4 Bibliophile/Level 3 Bard, working toward the Bibliomancer Prestige Class

Brandon Sanderson recommender... In The Playground!

21. - Top - End - #291
    Troll in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Yeah. It makes sense in context of the story, I just hope it doesn't spark a bunch of fan fics with this ship.
    i only know of one fic that has TriJack..and he hasn't updated it in forever
    not counting of course the one i have in planned stage (but need to ever finish 1st one 1st)
    Ponies not only make ME want to be a better person than I was before they entered my life, they make me want to HELP OTHERS be better people too.

And that is a GOOD thing by any definition.

full size avatar

22. - Top - End - #292

[SIZE="4"]

Interesting simaler to what I have but I have much more control, some what due to years of controlling my dreams, and making persons that are based off of parts of myself and other family members. However it looks like to me that they don't really have free will but more of reminders of what you should be doing and acting out the mental process of your desire to do well but not want to study right now. Remember that they are really just pieces of you that want to act like ponys.

I fought you all!!!!!
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz_Fox View Post
    *Hugs for breaking the awkardness!YAAY!
    ...Realizes he's hugging a physical manifestation of evil...*
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins View Post
    He's adorable, but he's a threat to all who call the universe home. He must be stopped, no matter the cost
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse Drake View Post
    "Evil, evil, death, stab, kill, cheese, moon-stuff, mice, evil, evil mice..."

Musings Pulled from D_Lord's head.

23. - Top - End - #293
    Orc in the Playground

Well, congratulations. You seem to have created not one, but two Tulpas, completely by accident with no conscious effort of your own.

For those counting at home, you have more of a chance of being struck by lightning on a clear, sunny day, than to create one accidentally. That you have created two, and a third one which has since gone away, is a miracle. I envy you. Be very careful, these creatures are of your mind, but they have free will. They have access to every single conscious and subconscious thought you have. They can access memories, and fears. If you make a tulpa really mad, they could damage you quite severely in the brain area.
    Wow, Thank you for the name, I'm reading on this phenomena right now. I have never heard of it before. But from what I read so far, it seems that I have walked the path required to create and interact with Tulpas unkowingly, since I learned to meditate and speak with myself since I was a teen (I'm 31), and it's now almost a reflex. I think I'm lucky that both Pinkie and Twi are such nice and caring ponies, because let me tell you that Ziggie was slightly dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by Kd7sov View Post
    Zigg: It doesn't seem all that odd to me. My own headvoices don't have a particular environment, but they do sometimes behave as though they have free will. You should've seen what it was like in here when Rose from Homestuck took exception to the most senior of them and then started picking on Fluttershy.

I don't think it's wrong or even odd to care for them. Keep in mind that they have no external existence, of course, but I find that mine help me empathize with the people around me. Also, don't let them override your own opinions or intentions, any more than you would a sibling or a close friend.
    Well some of my simulators are like that, they help my empathize and sympathize with others when my own instincts on fraternizing are lacking. Thanks for your input.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    That is fascinating! I don't have mental constructs at all so its pretty foreign to me (or they are all hiding from my conscious mind) . I have to say that it seems to be pretty useful if it got you studying.
    Well that's Twilight for you... The funny thing is that is meant to be a punishment... and it is!!!
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-05 at 06:51 PM.
    As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapable of solving approaches zero.

Blackwing: I prefer to think of myself a super-advanced flying stealth dinosaur.

Forum Explorer: Reading or watching Cupcakes is like being shot. We honor your suffering but nobody wants it to happen.

24. - Top - End - #294

Wow, Thank you for the name, I'm reading on this phenomena right now. I have never heard of it before. But from what I read so far, it seems that I have walked the path required to create and interact with Tulpas unkowingly, since I learned to meditate and speak with myself since I was a teen (I'm 31), and it's now almost a reflex. I think I'm lucky that both Pinkie and Twi are such nice and caring ponies, because let me tell you that Ziggie was slightly dangerous.
    No problem, I researched them a few months back, hoping to make one myself. It takes a lot of time and effort, and I don't think I could devote that time, not currently at least.

It's really cool that you did though. Yeah, Twilight and Pinkie seem pretty safe as far as tulpas go. Well, as safe as giving Pinkie Pie free reign inside your mind can be, but at least they aren't malicious or anything. Armed with this knowledge, you could prevent something else more dangerous from becoming a Tulpa though.

They could even be helpful in social situations. A tulpa acts as the bridge from conscious to subconscious, and your subconscious picks up on a lot of stuff. With Twilight there to tell you how this person feels towards you based on body language and other things, or how to appeal to them, people become like putty in your hands. At least, so I've been told.

25. - Top - End - #295
    Orc in the Playground

Oh! Just to make myself clear, on the first post.
    Where I wrote:
    I meant:
    Even tough that I think that I could make them disappear with enough meditation and mental effort? Not that I want to do that... for now.
    Meaning that they are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by D_Lord
    Interesting simaler to what I have but I have much more control, some what due to years of controlling my dreams, and making persons that are based off of parts of myself and other family members. However it looks like to me that they don't really have free will but more of reminders of what you should be doing and acting out the mental process of your desire to do well but not want to study right now. Remember that they are really just pieces of you that want to act like ponys.
    Thank you for your input!
    It might be that you have greater control over them, because your actual construct are not too complex, I have several "low level" ones, for NPCs and the like. they have absolutely no life of their own, they are just... blueprints to double-check if an action would be justified in character for example. (Oh! I don't mean any disrespect towards your constructs and control of them, just want to differentiate the (sic) different kinds of mental entities)

No problem, I researched them a few months back, hoping to make one myself. It takes a lot of time and effort, and I don't think I could devote that time, not currently at least.

It's really cool that you did though. Yeah, Twilight and Pinkie seem pretty safe as far as tulpas go. Well, as safe as giving Pinkie Pie free reign inside your mind can be, but at least they aren't malicious or anything. Armed with this knowledge, you could prevent something else more dangerous from becoming a Tulpa though.

They could even be helpful in social situations. A tulpa acts as the bridge from conscious to subconscious, and your subconscious picks up on a lot of stuff. With Twilight there to tell you how this person feels towards you based on body language and other things, or how to appeal to them, people become like putty in your hands. At least, so I've been told.
    Well actually I asked them help in a multiple choice test. There were a couple of questions which I had zero idea on what to answer, so for one I followed Twilight's reasoning, and for the other we went with... Pinkie Sense... . God If those answers are correct I will have Twilight directing my study regime...

Also, regarding your research, if you want to start with something simple, something that has helped me a lot. Start with light auto-hypnosis. Just enough to relax. Do not open yourself, just relax, and listen to yourself. There are many guides on how to do that. I used to do it, before sleep, and it helped a lot for thousand of mind exercises.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-05 at 07:08 PM.

26. - Top - End - #296

Well actually I asked them help in a multiple choice test. There were a couple of questions which I had zero idea on what to answer, so for one I followed Twilight's reasoning, and for the other we went with... Pinkie Sense... . God If those answers are correct I will have Twilight directing my study regime...

Also, regarding your research, if you want to start with something simple, something that has helped me a lot. Start with light auto-hypnosis. Just enough to relax. Do not open yourself, just relax, and listen to yourself. There are many guides on how to do that. I used to do it, before sleep, and it helped a lot for thousand of mind exercises.
    That sounds reasonable. They know almost anything you do that you give them access to. If it comes down to your word against theirs though, I'd most likely go with them.

Looking up light auto-hypnosis, I see a lot of things about making a list and reading it to yourself, which is most likely not what you meant. If you could give me a nudge in the right direction, I would appreciate it so much.

27. - Top - End - #297
    Titan in the Playground

Just as long as you all remember that there is no-one inside your head but you, even if several of yourself may insist otherwise.

Also;
    Spoiler
    Show

28. - Top - End - #298
    Orc in the Playground

That sounds reasonable. They know almost anything you do that you give them access to. If it comes down to your word against theirs though, I'd most likely go with them.

Looking up light auto-hypnosis, I see a lot of things about making a list and reading it to yourself, which is most likely not what you meant. If you could give me a nudge in the right direction, I would appreciate it so much.
    Well I found a site that had the basics of what I did when I started. I modified it sligthly so it makes more sense:
    Spoiler
    Show

The first two are the most important.

1. Get Comfortable
    Find a comfortable place to sit or lie. Don't cross your arms or legs - have an open posture that is easy to stay in for the next 20 minutes.

Allow your eyes to close naturally. Take several deep, slow breaths - releasing any tension and anxiety as you do. Observe the thoughts that enter your mind and gently release them without any interaction. Let yourself float. Try not to think, but don't force it. Remember the elephant

2. Release Tension
    Focus on releasing physical tension throughout your body. Starting from your toes, visualize each muscle relaxing and melting into the furniture. It brings a pleasant, warm feeling of relaxation. Systematically release each muscle group, heightening the sense of relaxation every time. Spend extra time on your shoulders and upper back, which tend to hold a lot of tension. Visualizing soothing water or a golden glow may help to free up the muscles.
    This is normally the hardest, what I used to visualize was the actual energy, life force, ki, whatever, being absorbed back into my brain & mind, leaving the rest of the body in a numb resting state. The final (and not easy step) is to disconnect the mind from the brain, you will notice at first that when you reach the brain you cannot... relax it, so to speak

3. Visualize Your Way Down

Visualize yourself at the top of a staircase. This represents your consciousness. As you descend each stair one at a time, drift deeper and deeper into your soothing, relaxing trance state. Count the steps if you like, starting from 10. Try rolling your eyes gently back into your head and keep your body still.
    (Funny tidbit, when I directed a girlfriend, since she had collected her energy in the brain, when she visualized herself going down the stairs, it was just a brain jumping down... . Sorry I have never told this before)

4. Stay relaxed.
    If you want ask yourself a question. Or simply lay there. Another option is trying to change something from yourself. I would recommend only one thing, and repeat it.
    You can start with: "I'll let myself hypnotize me more easily, but I won't let anyone else do it at all". Which is what I did when I began.
    You might find yourself questioning the reason behind the change, fearlessly participate in the exchange and see why and if you need the change. If you convince yourself, you did it!

Another option (where you won't reach point 5) is to send yourself to dream & sleep, but careful, it's important to state yourself that you won't be hypnotized anymore and instead you will be simply asleep.

5. Wake Up Gently

When you're ready, prepare to wake up from your trance. Tell yourself you will count to 10, and with each step you will slowly return to full awareness. Then count upwards as you climb the steps in your mind.

Take a deep breath when you reach the top, then open your eyes. Sit for a moment if you like - and remember to stand up slowly.

Start with just this. With practice it will be easier to enter into meditative trance or autohypnosis, and from there you can do any mindtrick you desire.
    It is also a great way to pass long boring travels or waiting periods.
    Last edited by Zigg'rrauglurr; 2012-07-05 at 07:44 PM.

29. - Top - End - #299
    Titan in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Aotrs Commander View Post
    When talking about the sort of Disney-fied anthropamorphism in question "plausible" is irrelevant.

But I think we're really reached the end of the point of useful discussion on this issue, at least from my end, since we're veering well away from pony into a side-topic of a side-topic...

I've said my piece, so I'll be quiet now.

For a bit.
    Scientifically but not thematically. People latch on to what they relate to. Fantasy in particular must always have a common element that everyone can relate to because it is otherwise to obviously alien.

And the Disney model is great, it gave us ponies.

30. - Top - End - #300
    Ettin in the Playground

*Runs in*

Woop woop woop!
    Hey congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by thubby View Post
    lucky mask wearing son-of-a-changeling.
    "... I have a son?!"

<snippd'>
    Not that crazy I think. From what I gather it's fairly normal for a fully/well developed character to have that kind of autonomy in one's mind. So long as you retain the ability to ignore them when they tell you to start burning stuff, you should be fine