Quote Originally Posted by Crimmy View Post
Hey, I don't take it kindly that you attack escamoles like that.
First of all, they have a lot more protein than you average food.
He didn't. As he clearly states, that all came from a site called Cracked.com.
Second, they are NOT nasty. They are quite tasty, and they have went through all kinds of regulations to make sure they are not bad (I assure you ,they're not bad.)
Quote Originally Posted by Cracked
Escamoles have a surprisingly pleasant taste: buttery and slightly nutty.
Third, that job and that food were considered so important BECAUSE of the difficulties of getting such eggs.
Like a lot of ridiculous (not saying this one is - I'd probably try it) delicacies.
Fourth, just because they're insect eggs doesn't make them food for "insane people". So by saying you eat them while being insane, you're actually addressing half the mexican population, and 5/6ths of the Aztec population.
No mention of "insanity" was made by either Kyuubi nor the article. "Horrifying", yes, but that's a very subjective term not directed at the consumer particularly.
Fifth, by eating them, the Agave destruction is reduced, thus providing more plants to make Tequila. Note that Tequila is the name for the Blue Agave beverage that is produced in Tequila, Jalisco.
That's interesting.

You should put that recipe in the Cookbook Thread, if it's still revivable! Anyway, here's the tacos I know:

And the "soft tacos" which, it seems, are closer to the original:

I love the Old El Paso taco sauce P=