Greetings, thread! This special occasion is brought to you by Darkcomet and Wolfbane!

Presenting...
Spoiler
Show
Insanowar...

IN SPACE!

The black is, obviously, space.

The blue circles represent space stations. These have repair functions and such that you would typically expect of sci-fi space stations, but are unarmed.

The five circles outside the middle and the colored areas between them represent asteroids, with the circles representing concentrated asteroid fields. The asteroid concentration between the circles is the same, and the differing look of thickness is from the Inkscape tool I used to make this thing.

The red circle represents a plasma/ion storm, with the tendril-like bits being areas where the storm lashes out at its surroundings.

Now, the unique environment of SPACE! Insanowar presents a few issues of its own. How big can you get? How do superweapons work? Have no fear, these questions will all be answered.

The top of the size bracket would be something around the size of the Executor, the Super Star Destroyer seen in SW Episodes V and VI. It would come without its fighter complement, however, which must come as a separate pick.

Likewise, in the case of superweapons, a ship must come without its superweapon initially as a pick, and the superweapon will come as a second pick. This means that to get something like the Eclipse-a Super Star Destroyer type thing with a superlaser weapon-you would have to spend 3 picks on it to get it up to full-the ship, the fighter complement, and the superlaser. This becomes extremely important, as I will explain later.

A note on the map: The asteroid fields are meant to be harmful to larger ships, as they find it hard to avoid hitting them due to their sheer size. The plasma/ion storm is meant to be harmful to smaller ships, due to them not having as powerful shielding against such things as larger ships.

Finally, and importantly, there will be only 5 picks in SPACE! Insanowar. This is to encourage more tactical thinking on the players' part, as giant superweapons like the Eclipse, described earlier, take up most of your picks when fully outfitted!

Special thanks to Wolfbane for helping to iron out the details on this one.

A note: I'll be in the first game of this one, and Wolf reserved a spot in this a while back, so there are only three available for it.