Quote Originally Posted by greecetrap View Post
Sorry for being obnoxious/annoying, but does anyone know how long WUs are generally supposed to take? I think I've been folding for a week or so now, and I'm still not even half done with my first WU - I've done 465/1500.
A lot of it depends on what you're doing, but also what sort of computer you have, and how often it's able to fold.

Could you post:
1) What your cpu type, speed, and amount of memory are? (Assuming Windows, ControlPanel->System "general" tab will report this.)

2) About how often your computer is on, but not doing something else for you that's highly CPU intensive?

3) What project you're working on? (Assuming the graphical client, it'll be in the display.)

4) Whether the assembly-boosts are on and active? (Assuming the graphical client, right click on the Folding icon in the toolbar, and select Status->Log to view the log file. Scroll up in the logfile until you see some lines like this:
[04:40:41] Assembly optimizations on if available.
[04:41:07] Extra SSE boost OK.

If you don't see both of those, FaH has determined that it can't use the sped-up routines, which will cause about a 3x-4x slowdown, in my experience.
You may be able to get it to use them by stopping, and then re-starting, FaH.