Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
Eggy's in.
#Fold, fold, fold, fold the elaborate proteins#

Will also have a word with the IT manager at work after the Bank Holiday weekend. We have some under-utilized network capacity there and I think he (and the senior partners) will agree that researching a potential panacea for human suffering is a leeeeetle more important than some t*sser getting their Facebucket page open 1/2 second sooner or later...
Good luck, it is usually quite hard to convince work to help out - I hope you are friends with the IT manager! I'd recommend just suggesting it to start it on a couple of computers to see how it works out. One possible tricky area is setting up proxy. In general installation at work has to formally approved (email minimum), so it might be his boss that gives the ok. Try to identify his concerns and questions and post them here and I and others here should be able to help. If you need a formal proposal, I can post some links.
For configuration, I recommend using console mode using the service option, answer no to large work units, answer no to advance work units and 80% cpu usage (or less if it makes the PC noisier). Can use windows task scheduler if want to do it only part of the day. Want minimal impact.

p.s. can I steal your Elan's quote!?
p.p.s. I wonder what everybody else would quote...
e.g. Belkar - Stabbity death to diseases!