1. - Top - End - #19
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Zodi Streams: Metroid Prime Remastered (That's Just Prime... Again!)

And to be clear I kinda want this to happen. Metroid has always been a horror series, at its core. The seclusion of being the single human being on a dark, hostile world, hunting and being hunted in equal measure, that **** is choice horror- and sometimes that stuff is preferable to interacting with others, since it is easier to lose that human side of yourself in the emptiness of space. But with the constant companion of an idealized new Adam, and the budding realization that Samus truly is am amalgamation of every pain and trauma she's ever had- pain and trauma that she has beaten to death with her own genetically modified fists- I think there is a grand opportunity for some psychological horror for the next Metroid game, in addition to the standard stuff.
    this gave me an idea for a Metroid game after that one where Samus unlike most games....wakes up in a hospital or some other federation facility, with some doctor informing her that her last outing has caused the Chozo suit to be destroyed and some memory damage to her head and they had to cobble together a replacement, not knowing how the usual one works, but something goes wrong as it turns out there are some screwed up experiments with metroid and phazon DNA going on inside the facility, and since the suit she has now isn't actually the Chozo Suit, her upgrades instead are more....biological as the usual stuff doesn't work and she ends up using more and more alien powers to win against these experiments....and start feeling the aliens predatory/parasitic urges as well, and start hallucinating that normal people are monsters to hunt and kill....

then at the end of the game it'd turn out that the Samus you were playing was a clone and the doctor had made the clone-Samus as a contingency worrying if Samus ever went rogue or died because of the hybrid DNA thing so he made a backup in case the federation needed another hero....that was flawed so the original suddenly comes in with all the upgrades to defeat the clone-Samus, and you play as the original one when you do so.
    Last edited by Lord Raziere; 2024-05-11 at 09:29 PM.
    I'm also on discord as "raziere".