View Single Post

Thread: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

1. - Top - End - #1366
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

"Yes!" Nolwenn replies, nodding vigorously but holds up a finger when Red interrupts, "one moment though."

The wizard turns to the tiefling. "I plan to," she explains, "but she's a double-refugee right now so I'm not planning on opening with an interrogation. Give me some time. I'm going to try to convince her that we're interested in her situation, maybe helping her if we can, and that she should help us with the tower in general in any way she can." The wizard doesn't however, mention that she'd be interested in trying to help the stranded woman anyway, but this is a message for Red, not for her. "But you can help. I can understand her, but she can't understand us. If I get stuck trying to convey something, someone else might have a better idea how."

And with that said, Nolwenn's back to the hellym. She points to herself and the woman. "Nolwenn..." she begins say as an accompaniment to the pointing, but when the wizard tries to reproduce the sound that the woman across from her made, it's more of screech than trill. Her next attempt isn't any better. A little embaressed, Nolwenn composes herself with a breath and casts a spell, using an illusion to create the sound the hellym had made. "There. Nolwenn." She points to herself. "And--" Using her spell to conjure the woman's apparent name again, she points across to the other woman. "Welcome to our world," she greets with a bow.

Since the communication is much easier one way than the other, Nolwenn waits for a moment to see if the former prisoner will say anything from which to start the conversation.
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2024-05-09 at 10:20 PM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.