December 5th
Mall Walking
Louis and Raphael
Ryker’s gaze stays lowered, even as Iris continues to look at him. She blinks as Louis addresses her again, and focuses on him and Raphael once more. “I don’t blame you guys for what happened at all,” she says in a low, but sincere tone. “It’s not like you forced me to leave with you or anything.”

She gives Raphael a quick smile as he explains what he wants to do. “I actually think that would be really fun, especially if she’s into mysteries. I would just make sure that you guys stop every couple of chapters to discuss, so one of you doesn’t get ahead of the other.”

Keith
“I like all kinds of stuff,” Hope replies, “but I’m currently working my way through Pierce Brown’s Red Rising series. It’s sci-fi. The first book is set almost completely on Mars. I think there’s… five out right now? I’m about to pick up book four if I can find it today. I would definitely recommend it if you like really epic space operas.”

Her smile turns teasing. “My hair is cute, my name is cute… surely you can think of some synonyms if I’m meeting you in a bookstore of all places.”

Providence, RI
Sometimes the most mundane dreams can be some of the most unsettling, Emi says quietly. It must be hard for you to deal with that kind of sudden fear when you’re not used to it.

He feels a ghostly thumb rub the back of his knuckles. I wouldn’t let it bother you, John. I’m not going anywhere.

Mr. Shaw’s gaze flicks over to John’s momentarily. It wouldn’t need to be anywhere specific. Just within city limits. I can fly to my destination.

Emi gives John a sly smile. “I believe John mentioned bingo at one point tonight.”

Your brother’s thoughts are shielded from me, Mr. Shaw explains to Kate. He’s been flustered tonight, so there have been some leaking through, but Emi hasn’t mentioned anything yet.