Balazar calls out over the sound of the surf below, "Not just 'catch breath,' but let's wait for your friend Aubrine and my bodyguard Dgia the time they need to feel better after the stench of the ghasts. While we're doing that, it won't hurt us to take a quick look in here ... 'quick' being relative as this cavern is huge. And I'm not just saying that because I'm a gnome."

The cramped tunnel you were previously in opens into a vertiginous gulf here, a cathedral-like cavern with a roof arching thirty feet overhead and dropping into a sloshing pool of foamy seawater fifty feet below. A steep stone ledge winds down to these surging depths, its slope glistening with moisture and mold. A stone door stands in the northwestern wall about halfway down the slope. There is also the slender passage which Torviruv and Huseina guard.

Dgia and Aubrine together take some eight minutes to finally clear themselves of the dead ghast's stench ... which also gives enough time to search this area and the connecting point that led here. There is nothing of interest in this cavern, though the dead body in the bottleneck shows the same wounds consistent with a pitched battle against the creatures you fought, and was likely a man named Alvor. The two ghasts and two ghouls you fought must surely have belonged to a much larger number to have felled these heroes, so it is safe to say that while you found four of the five bodies you expected to find .... with all of the scorch marks at the bottleneck, they must have given one hell of a fight.

The only body missing at this time was a human warrior-mage named Norton Dabney. He and the dead samsaran here - Draegra - were one of the "original" heroes of Sandpoint.