December 5th
Mall Walking
Louis and Raphael
Quote Originally Posted by Louis
Louis flashes a smile in return, "Yeah, that's my government alright. You've got a good-" The team lead reconsiders his choice of words in the moment but forces himself to commit rather than to draw any unwanted attention, "eye."
Iris’ pale cheeks flush slightly. Her gaze subtly flicks to ‘Derrick’ and Raphael, checking their reactions, as she lets the comment pass.

"Sorry, I should've introduced them from the jump. This is Derrick and that's Raph." He thumbs back at the delinquent duo. "Don't take the silent treatment personally. It's usually hard to get him to shut up but he's actually a little shy around women."
“Nice to meet you both,” she says. “I’m Iris.”

Ryker keeps his own gaze down and away until Louis makes his comment. He glares into the side of Louis’ head as he continues to talk to Iris.

"Izzy? She's amazing."

"What about you?" Louis asks innocently. "It's been a minute."
“That’s good to hear,” Iris replies, though she once again surreptitiously checks Raphael’s reaction to the words ‘safe house’. “She seemed really nice when we talked for a little bit, so I was hoping that she was doing well.”

She looks down, crossing her arms. “I’ve been better, but that’s not really something to talk about in the mall,” she says quietly.

Spoiler: Notice TN 4
Show
Ryker’s fist tightens at his side, but he stays silent.

Iris clears her throat lightly before looking back up at Louis. Her tone is noticeably brighter. “One of my roommates is super into the Paranormal series and I know she’s hasn’t read the most recent one, so I ordered her a signed copy for Christmas. I just thought I’d look around a little while I was here to pick it up. I’m really trying to get back into reading, so I thought I’d look for something that catches my eye.”

Keith
The girl smiles at Keith’s compliment and leans down to pick up the book he dropped. She glances down at the title and then offers it back to him. “Haven’t read this one yet, but Brooks is supposed to be pretty good.”

As Keith takes a look at her, he notices that she’s a few inches shorter than he is, and is wearing a cute red jacket, tight black pants with stylish rips in the thighs and knees, and black Converses. The hint of a tattoo peaks out of her collar on her right shoulder.

“I’m Hope,” she says with a smile.

Providence, RI
The night air is clear as John glances out of the doors.

I see, Emi replies. Harbinger has many dreams like that. He never knows if they are merely dreams or true visions, so I know it can be shocking to learn that what you dreamt is true.

He can tell that she wants to ask about the nature of his nightmare, but restrains her curiosity.

It isn’t that urgent, Emi assures him. He can feel a warmth radiating through their link. It’s good to know that you could find me even if I was somehow on one of Saturn’s moons.

She laughs lightly as John eventually quiets. Most likely.

After a few minutes, Mr. Shaw returns, ghosting through the door and then the stairs and wall.

“My apologies, again,” he says as he takes his seat once more.

A small request, Mr. Kelley, Mr. Shaw projects to John. Once we’re finished here, I would be grateful if you would teleport me to Aeon City instead of back to Iron Station.