Quote Originally Posted by kazaryu View Post
spells known are the spells you can cast at a moments notice...at least thats what i gathered from their confirmation. they want to have the most spells available to them. thats why they're talking about dragonmarks...the things that give you more spells to cast.

granted it could be that I've misunderstood them, but I don't really see anything in their posts that contradicts that idea
I understand the interpretation, but I started off by asking this question and got the specific answer of most spells known. I gave four different ideas of what they could mean by the question, with one of them being the most spells known and tying that to a high level wizard getting every wizard spell, and they said that was what they meant.

Dragonmarks specifically give you more spells known - the mark of handling gives a bunch of druid spells, which is why it seemed the best choice if you are doing this. It does give two of those spells as a per short rest thing, but that doesn't do any more than starting as a fairy or genasi would. If we say most spells that can be cast at a moment's notice, then those would be better than dragonmarked, because they give two spells and a cantrip, instead of just two spells.

I think the most persuasive evidence, though, is that one of the options I gave was the total number of spell slots one could use in a day. That one broke clearly for a Wiz 18, because at that level they get spell mastery, and could conceivably fire off a trio of magic missiles every 6 seconds, or become nightcrawler by misty stepping every 6 seconds (FTR, this is a nightmare that is coming to me when the bladesinger in our group hits level 18 - I have no doubt that he will take misty step for mastery, and he will use it for pretty close to every bonus action he takes.)

I could be wrong, of course - already have been in this thread when I misread a table. Trickster and I may just not have communicated well. But if so, the conclusions thus far may be wrong and need to be looked at closer.