((Nomis))
"They aren't siblings." The mayor's wife told him, walking over to stand beside him. "Paws was my cat when I moved to this town, and a year after he brought a wet, grumpy kitten home with him out of the rain." Closing a small ledger that she handed to an aid, and waving a few others off with a, "Don't you have somewhere else to be?" she said to the sharen investigator, "So, you met with Erick. Good. I trust he was able to give you the big picture and I've been sending runners to convene the town council tomorrow, which I'm sure he'll want. You'll also be staying with us tonight, I presume?"

Stepping up behind the podium, Kari set her hands on the sides of the wooden surface and said, "My husband is good at keeping a story in mind, but leaves the finer details and gathering of resources to me. If you or your partner have any questions or requests while you stay here, please, feel free to ask."

The cats seem content with the offerings given to them and allow Nomis to reclaim his hand with only light scratching... for now. Having been woken up at this point, Claws stands with a stretch and hops from the podium, and Paws follows the tabby a second later.

((Sin))
Her wandering brought her to the guard post, a compact three-level building that had all of its windows opened at that moment. From her experience in the city, the top two levels would be for lodging, so that guards who were on duty but not out on patrol had a place to bunk could sleep and practice whatever hobbies they wanted, while the first floor would be home to the Captain's office, a small holding cell, the mess hall and racks to store equipment. It wasn't really a place where the guards would live, unless they were particularly hard on cash at the moment, and it wouldn't have space for all of the guards in this district, but it would comfortably house each shift until their replacements reported for duty.

Normally, the central guard station (like this one) would also hold the offices for local investigators, but from what Governor Longview had told her this town didn't have any dedicated inspectors, relying on their guards and freelance detectives (as she was acting at the moment) instead. Apparently, large criminal operations just weren't common enough to justify the expense of that department.

The patrol that she had seen walk into the guard post was taking off their equipment for the day when she came in. A group of three had split off to begin playing a game of cards in the corner, another one (still wearing his breastplate) stirred a large pot inside of a wood-fire stove, and the other three were polishing their boots and armor. It was the members of the last group that faced Sin when she entered the room. A hard-faced woman with streaks of white in her auburn hair and a few lines around her mouth spoke up, "What's your business here, stranger?" Her tone carried with it a measure of authority, and from the knots on her shirt sleeve she was the sergeant of this patrol.