Quote Originally Posted by JLandan View Post
I agree to the possible definition as being only an empowered arcane focus, though I still think it is a firearm. Either way, WotC really needs to address this better. A sage advice article would do, even though those are sometimes totally wrong. The writers and editors chose the word firearm. Perhaps it was a poor choice of words, because firearm does have a meaning, that being a firearm. A different name for the feature and the item would be more concise in the case of it being not-a-firearm; perhaps Artificer Focus or Artillerist Focus. This should have come up in playtest. But it isn't the first-time poor writing/design and editing have occurred. Nor a lack of playtesting. Especially in the Eberon and Tasha's books.
You are literally the only person I've ever heard of who read the name of the ability and decided to ignore the plain words of the ability text.

Do Fighters get to use Second Wind twice per short rest at your tables? It's Second Wind, so there has to be a first. Or perhaps they can only use it after someone casts Gust?
If you had a Wizard/Cleric multiclass, can slots recovered with Arcane Recovery not be used on Cleric spells?