Quote Originally Posted by glass View Post
IMNSHO, they didn't answer the direct question initially because they either did not remember, or did not realise it was significant.

Either that continued for the whole scene, or the realised based on your having all the NPCs asking about it that you wanted them to answer it...so they didn't, because they don't trust you and thought you would use it against them somehow.
I guess I am with Talakael on this - if you are willing to go and ask some group of "good" people for help, reason suggests you should be willing to tell them why the "bad" people are "bad", or at the very least regurgitate 20 words on what they are doing that is "bad". And the idea of worrying about the implications of answering a direct question but not worrying about the implications of asking them to risk combat with another force? Come on.

So yeah, this is beyond, and to me it feels like power struggle.

Quote Originally Posted by GloatingSwine View Post
Then you need to be making sure they learn it before they need it, no?

Because playing with the politics of the fae, the balance in the individual between the courts*, loyalty to house, and how contact with the mortal world causes Banality is kinda the point of playing Changeling.

*Remember, philosophical concepts not places or groups of individuals.
What about show, don't tell? How do we most frequently learn about people other than by interaction. This seems to me like a great entree into the Fae world, and really pretty organic.

As far as solutions go, though, I'm with Reese.

- M