1. - Top - End - #231
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Noctuary (D&D 3.5e, Level 20+ Adventure)

Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanVoodoo View Post
    Rhys of Watersdeep (Conjurer Wizard 5 / Zhentarim Skymage 5 / Dreadmaster 10)
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by Burning Spear View Post
    Sheet started, if you could add me to "The List".

(Cloistered Cleric 1/ Human Paragon 3/ Militant Rogue 4/ Divine Oracle 2/ Fighter 1/ Contemplative 1/ Mindbender 1/ Glorious Servitor 2/ +3 Mummified Creature/Evolved Undead+1)
    Added.

Just noticed, PrC requires Improved Turning, so I can't throw Turning away as a Flaw (I think), unless I can have that feat without the Turning class ability?
    You cannot since the flaw is 1st level.

Quote Originally Posted by droobles View Post
    Just to make sure, for the epic material in the future, will it be only 1st party material? Will epic spellcasting be used?
    As I've mentioned, there's a serious paucity of epic material, so I'm open to considering non-1st-party. Epic spellcasting will be an option, but I will be seriously nerfing some options, such as collaborative casting DC reductions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient View Post
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarthrax View Post
    Accepted.

Seems I forgot that +6 Tomes don't exist, dangit, are they epic items?, can we start with Epic items? or do we have to be above 20th lvl to be allowed to go that way?
    No restrictions on wealth usage. If you want to drop money on epic items that's your prerogative.

DO we need to start with common as a bonus language? I feel it detracts from all the dialects that are part of Forgotten Realms tbh, and I hate common, lol. (as an Interpreter/ Translator, I am kind of a puritan when it comes to languages.)

I find that if one looks at the Languages mentioned in all the regions of Faeruhn, Chondathan is the most prolific.
    No language restrictions: I expect a high degree of independence and problem-solving ability from 20th-level characters, so a language gap shouldn't be an issue. Speaking Chondathan natively rather than some trade language is fine. That said, if your character, a Mulan human, has lived on the surface of Faerun, they're probably getting Common as an automatic language.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    @chaincomplex
    notation on page 1 you have gingers alignment as TN, I did end up changing that to NG
    Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernally Clay View Post
    Well after seeing how bonkers some of these builds are I'm not sure I really need to worry about Divine Metamagic breaking anything so I'll note it down as a feat I'm willing to take off the character if the final line up is lower in optimisation.

So that's all her feats tentatively noted down. I've also jotted down a few items she might have too. Nothing particularly surprising yet but the basics are covered. I didn't realise how much AC a Druid can get without resorting to shenanigans.
    I've generally been OK with DMM. Worse comes to worst you can always DMM spells to the party's benefit rather than druidzillaing yourself if you are consistently overdoing them. As is usually the case with tier 1 casters, it's as much up to the player as it is to the DM to not play their caster as OP as they can possibly be.

Quote Originally Posted by Auranghzeb View Post
    I had a question about transparency:
    Do you consider UMD and UPD the same skill or should I buy skills separately?
    Separate, explicitly even under a maximalist transparency interpretation in XPH.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2024-05-01 at 05:04 PM.