View Single Post

Thread: A thread of loose ends

1. - Top - End - #37
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: A thread of loose ends

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Less than one book.
    1301-1189 yields 112. A bit more than half of one book remains. Depending on the size / length Rich decides is needed to wrap up the story, that "a bit" may turn into "quite a bit".
    Quote Originally Posted by brian 333 View Post
    The exact same arguments made for dismissing the idea of a journey to Xykon's Astral Fortress at this time would apply to a proposed trip to Firmament then: no reason to go, nothing they need there, the idea has already served its purpose, it would waste time.
    It's also a final end boss fight that actually ends the end boss: Xykon. (Unlike the DCF end boss fight that ended in RC using the phylactery to bring him back).
    If The Giant takes us to the Astral Fortress, I expect there will be a good reason to do so. I expect the party to discover something they badly need there, I expect it will be crucial to the development of the story, and I expect to thoroughly enjoy the ride.
    I think it will be critical to the wrapping up of the story.

It also may be that we do not go there. That's fine too. But I do not think that Thor accidentally informed Durkon about Xykon's fortress. Just like Durkon's prophecy and Miko's errand set the stage for a homecoming, I think Thor foreshadowed a major plot point that we do not yet understand.
    Yes.
    Just for fun, a reason to go there: Xykon might have left the crystal containing the only two people who know how to seal a rift in the tower.
    And that might help wrap things up...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad Humanist View Post
    I suspect we might just get a panel and a joke out of it though.
    He falls down forever, which ends up as an odd parody of the myth of Sisyphus.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzardok View Post
    ... but we have no idea how to get there, so let's wing it".
    Which is a standard OotS-style plan.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-05-01 at 08:31 AM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society