View Single Post

Thread: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

1. - Top - End - #1421
    Bugbear in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Iron Station Savage Masks IC IV

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Providence, RI
    Emi notices John’s shift in mood as her father leaves. Is everything okay, John? she asks with some concern in her tone.
    John felt his flicker of embarrassment at being caught by Eli.

You weren't supposed to catch that, either, he sheepishly replied — even if their growing connection simultaneously filled him with comfort. I was confirming some details about the trip to London and he mentioned Oskar. I was familiar with the name — and his role — from a dream. Well, a nightmare, actually — one that was set after your mother’s healing. It was enough to startle me. That's all.

He stared into the distance through the French doors, looking for evidence of fog.

It's the same kind of thing when your recent past impacts your dreams. Except that, sometimes, the future impacts mine. It doesn’t always happen but it happens often enough to be part of what passes for normal.

It's nothing to worry about, he said, as much for his benefit as her’s.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheMachine View Post
    Emi gives Mary a warm smile as she mentally answers John’s question. Mr. Maodus oversees operations and the heroes stationed in Aeon City. It’s rare that Mr. Maodus himself calls my father. Usually it’s Suzanne, his assistant, so it must be something important.
    If we need to get him there quickly, I’ll need you to project a vivid image of the location, John observed. I could gate us into a public space easily but there’s a plus or minus in hitting the right location based on how familiar I am which here I want to go via the Spire.

Well, any time I teleport
    , really, he admitted. It’s the nature of the spells to require focus and awareness to anchor the arrival point. I could probably get to your side if you were on Titan without a second thought but would need to check before walking through the door onto the Apollo landing sites.

John’s eyes darted to Emi as he realized he was implying things.

You or my family, of course.

Still implying.

And a small handful of others.

Stop digging.

Like Sister Anna Marie.

Oh, Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.

She’s family of course.

STOP DIGGING!

Smooth.

That was loud enough for your father to have heard whether he wanted to or not, wasn’t it?
    Last edited by mmdeforrest; 2024-05-01 at 07:54 AM.