Amoukars backstory. I'm afraid this is late and rather rough and ready.

Spoiler: Amoukars Backstory
Show
Amoukar went down to Qsen to study under Gryntak, a distinguished priest and bard, and quickly became his most challenging pupil. Amoukar was sharp, insightful and touched by Binyu but he was also headstrong and impatient; he seemed impervious to both danger and the disapproval of his elders. Still he impressed everyone he met, or almost everyone...

In Qsen he courted Mailae, an elf with dark hair and grey eyes that seemed to shine with a light of their own. She was fond of Amoukar but, when she realised that Amoukar had already visibly grown older in the year she had known him, she became more withdrawn and started keeping some emotional distance between them.

Amoukar was entrusted with transporting a small package north to a colleague of Gryntaks. One evening, in a dreary road side inn, Amoukar opened the package and put on the ring he found inside. The high, reedy voice of an elderly human spoke to him. She had considerable knowledge of history and outrageous tales of her part in it so Amoukar kept the ring on, he now had company for the journey.

In a mountain pass he was approached by members of a tribe who rarely communicated with outsiders. They wanted a priest to officiate a ceremony that they had to perform in two days time. A reckless chieftain had struck a bargain with the fae and the price came due every decade. All in the tribe shared a banquet but one member would find a gem in their bowl. That member would be honoured at the head of the banquet and then, once they had been celebrated, they entered a cave and touched the stone where the foolish chief had tried made his promise. Around the stone stood the orcs who had previously been offered up: they breathed but they did not age. Their souls were gone elsewhere and and their bodies stood in limbo.

That night Amoukar quizzed the voice in the ring about the ring and her situation. She was forthcoming at first but became suspicious of his sudden interest and their conversation became a tense negotiation, with information as the currency. In the morning Amoukar had a plan, now all he had to do was make sure that the gem fell into his bowl...

Quote Originally Posted by Charybdis1618 View Post
So, looking at everyone else's proposed builds, I feel like I should become a front-line warrior. The character concept can support it. I'll tweak my build to make this work.
If necessary I can replace the Metamagic Adept feat with an ASI (+1 strength, +1 dexterity) to make Amoukar more useful on the front line. I took Metamagic Adept because the trickery cleric doesn't come with all the abilities to match the fluff and I wanted more opportunities for tricks; but it's not vital to the character or the build.