1. - Top - End - #29
    Archmage in the Playground Moderator

Default Re: W20/V20: Under A Blood Red Moon (Recruiting)

Hey everyone, I'm working on the OOC thread now. I'll have more updates soon.

In the meantime, a couple of notes/questions:

Spoiler: @Kaworu
    Show

I like the concept, but I don't want any of the characters being from Chicago. Because that would mean your character would know more than anyone else about locations, directions, NPC's, local history, I would basically have to write a whole second game just for you. It's just too much extra work for me.

Did you want him to be from Chicago for a specific reason? Or was it just that you couldn't think of anything fun that brought him to town?

Let me know if you think Samuel will work if he's not from Chicago, and we can tweak things.

Spoiler: @MrAbdiel
    Show

I really like the overall concept and story frame.

Two concerns:

First, blind characters are tricky. Mainly because, like any other kind of persistent alternate sense (telepathy, Spideysense, See Aura, whatever), it effectively doubles my workload because I have to describe the world for everyone, and then a whole second time just for you.

I'm not against the idea. But I would have to really put all the 'blind stuff' in your court. I'll tell everyone what's happening, and it'll be your responsibility to make that jive with whatever his sense are at any given point.

Second, it's a bit 'busy' - blind, hairless, deformed, 100 years old, famous, respected, reviled, suicidal. It's a lot. And not because I don't think it's fun or interesting, but I worry that the narrative 'weight' of it all will naturally pull the story toward you and away from the other PC's.

This would be an excellent character for a solo game. But for a group-based one-shot, it's maybe too many things.

Can you find a version of this character who's maybe 'normal' age for Rank 2 or 3, and maybe who isn't both blind and horribly deformed? Could blindness just be his Metis deformity (thereby making it both a bigger part of his self-identity and trim the rogue story elements a bit)?

Let me know if you've got some wiggle room.

Quote Originally Posted by Weirdling View Post
    Any chance of allowing ONE Gangrel/Ahrimane?
    I get where your head's at, but that won't work for this game. For a number of reasons.
    Last edited by truemane; 2024-04-30 at 10:46 AM.
    (Avatar by Cuthalion, who is great.)