1. - Top - End - #213
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Noctuary (D&D 3.5e, Level 20+ Adventure)

Quote Originally Posted by Taelas View Post
    So I noticed you've OK'd many of the rebalanced LAs from the reassignment thread. I was looking it up for my cohort, and they lowered her race from an LA of +7 to an LA of +1. Is that on the table? My cohort is not much of a combat threat and wouldn't be even with six extra levels, though she'd go from outright laughable to somewhere just shy of viable...
    Go for it. I don't believe your cohort to be OP. Though, given your cohort is from Leadership, I note the same caveat as before: support/RP role unless special circumstances (e.g. I force them into an encounter).

Quote Originally Posted by Yas392 View Post
    The whip can attack anywhere within 15 ft.
    It's worth noting the wording of the whip would, when combined with extending, include all ranges under its maximum range. "In addition, unlike most other weapons with reach, you can use it against foes anywhere within your reach (including adjacent foes)."

Quote Originally Posted by namo View Post
    I would argue the text of the enchantment actually overrides the spiked chain specificity, making it threaten only at the given distance (and making this enchantment bad for spiked chains and whips).
    My interpretation is that the given range is 10 ft. but the spiked chain has the special ability to strike at adjacent foes. So extending just pushes the range up to 15 ft. and does nothing to disagree with or override the special clause.

Quote Originally Posted by droobles View Post
    Just checking about bloodlines, what do you mean by "standard rules"?
    Spend the XP like a buy off. Per the wording, you explicitly don't have this count as a level.

Quote Originally Posted by samduke View Post
    SACRED SCABBARD (MIC p183) 4,400 gp
    A sacred scabbard can change shape to fit any dagger, sword, or axe touched to it, even making allowances for double weapons. The scabbard keeps any weapon carried in it clean and sharp.
    Furthermore, three times per day, you can command it to produce a bless weapon effect on the weapon it holds as you draw it. This effect lasts for 10 rounds. A sacred scabbard functions only for good aligned characters.
    All MIC material is automatic yes.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Added.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    I think it's not just a matter of physics but intent. If you're falling and someone with an Antilife Shell moves between you and the earth, technically you're approaching them and thus the spell should trigger...but they're the ones who are forcing a confrontation between you and the edge of their abjuration. It's a weird edge case where, at least IMO, the spirit of the rules needs to shine through in rulings on any weird ambiguous situations.

If you're fine essentially ignoring the rule, or just saying that it doesn't really apply to prismatic wall specifically, I can definitely live with that.
    It occurs to me the wording of abjuration's general rules specify that, from the perspective of the prismatic wall, it can't be moving forward to touch someone. So thus ramming is precluded—it would just cause the walls to wink out?

I'm not sure I can accept this ruling. A prismatic sphere flying through a swarm of flies should vaporize them, not lose the shove-fight.

Quote Originally Posted by kinem View Post
    Here is Verik Karn, half-Drow sorcerer.
    Added.
    Last edited by chaincomplex; 2024-04-29 at 10:32 PM.