Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
That's my suggestion. Do it 100% blind.
Honestly, I would recommend this as a blanket watching/reading/playing strategy.

Sometime around 10 years ago, I got tired of inevitably comparing the cool moments from the trailer with the actual movie. It never held up to expectations. I know, intellectually, that the point of trailers is to use all the highlights to "sell" you on the movie of course, but it's hard to ignore that when you're actually watching. So now unless someone really wants to tell me about something, I'll politely let them know that I intend to watch/read/play whatever they're recommending, and that I don't want any more details until I've experienced it.

It's improved the experience in nearly every instance. The less I know about the property, the more opportunity there is for surprise and delight. And the less likely I am to have "built it up" in my head or be comparing it to my expectations.

Of course, you need to really trust the person's recommendations to make this work. And it's impossible to be 100% blind in most cases. But I'm not sure I could name a property that truly needs much of an introduction before diving in.