Quote Originally Posted by Thane of Fife View Post
Did Sleeper really have D12 physical stress already? I thought he was quite a bit lower than that.
He has a d6 Physical from the trap blowing up in his face at the bank. Electro is hitting with a d8, so even if I reduce it with a d10 effect die on the resist that would be a d6, so d6 + d6 = 💀 unless I’m misunderstanding the rules.

If you do wish to avoid the damage, as an alternative to spending a plot point to add a D6 or D8 to your dice pool (which I think is normally supposed to happen before you roll the dice), you can spend a plot point to add a third die to your total, and you can do this after you see the result. So in this case, you could spend a point to add the 9, 7, and 6 together, and that would be more than enough to beat Electro's 17.
Oh cool. I will do that then!

22/d10 Effect die in that case,
D6 Physical damage
D8 Emotional damage
1 Plot Point remaining after adding the extra die to the resist roll.

Another option would be to spend a plot point to turn the D8 physical stress you are taking into D8 mental or emotional stress instead. I don't know why you would do that instead of adding an extra die to your total and avoiding it all together, but it is a way that you can spend plot points.
I agree that would be a weird thing to do in this particular instance, but I will keep that in mind for the future!