1. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Players characters evading direct questions

Quote Originally Posted by Reversefigure4 View Post
    Players are sorting through likely several relevant looking details - (examples only) the werewolfs prisoner name is Howlfang, he fears fire, the attack is at Muir Woods, the attack is on Tuesday, the attack involves blood magic, the werewolves target is children, the purpose of the attack is to kidnap rather than kill, the werewolves have moved here recently from Canada, their leader has one eye and tells no-one about his past, and the werewolves live in a cave in Fang Forest.

What tells me as a player that "Muir Woods" is the more relevant keyword compared to the other dozen details?
    True, but I'm not sure it's relevant in this case. If I understand the situation correctly, the party refused to reveal pretty much any information about the problem. Now, if they had decided to reveal more but didn't mention Muir Woods in particular (whether because they forgot about it or didn't think it was important), then it seems reasonable for the GM to remind them or at least hint heavily at it, I think.
    Last edited by Batcathat; 2024-04-29 at 01:12 AM.