Quote Originally Posted by ploptales View Post
"Thank you for the bread and hospitality. You can count me in Audrahni. Could you give us more insight on Sir Roderic? It sounds like his spirit is harboured by a secret."
"That is a strong possibility. Ghosts are often trapped by the habits they lead in life. If he kept a closely-guarded secret, he would find it difficult if not impossible to tell anyone about it now," Audrahni explains, "I do know much of Sir Roderic, as he died many years before I came to Roderic's Cove. He perished not far out over the water, defending the cove form a pirate raid. His home on the outskirts of town was abandoned, and over the years has slowly decayed to the point at which the locals now know it as Roderic's Wreck. I have been there several times, though I've never seen any sign of Roderic's haunting with my own eyes before today,"

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
He pondered her words. "I don't know nuthin' about bein' any kind of hero. But if you think the cove's in some kinda danger... you really think I can help?"
"Better than I can. I am... no longer able to confront tormented spirits like Roderic. I can guide and advise you, but this is something that must be undertaken by someone else. I respect Port-Governor Thort and Captain Freson, but they are better equipped to handle worldly matters and are outside of their experience and capabilities in handling the supernatural. Father Marphan and I do not see eye to eye on this matter. He is dogmatic in his faith. He means well, but he sees a restless spirit like Roderic more as a fugitive evading final judgement. He might be able to put Roderic to rest, yes, but he would do so by exorcising him by force," Audrahni extends her hand and briefly touches yours, "there is a better way. Follow the trail of haunts and sightings, find what Roderic is trying to point our attention towards, and set things right. It is the more difficult path than the one Father Marphan would take, but when you do so you will not only allow Roderic to have his final peace, but also save Roderic's Cove from the dangers that threaten it and its people,"