Quote Originally Posted by Kareeah_Indaga View Post
Actually on reflection it’s not going to make a difference, so never mind. I’d need to somehow roll a nine on the d8 to beat Electro’s roll, and that means Sleeper is out of the fight. 💀

Sorry Plaids! Herc is going to have to win this one on his own!
Did Sleeper really have D12 physical stress already? I thought he was quite a bit lower than that.

If you do wish to avoid the damage, as an alternative to spending a plot point to add a D6 or D8 to your dice pool (which I think is normally supposed to happen before you roll the dice), you can spend a plot point to add a third die to your total, and you can do this after you see the result. So in this case, you could spend a point to add the 9, 7, and 6 together, and that would be more than enough to beat Electro's 17.

Another option would be to spend a plot point to turn the D8 physical stress you are taking into D8 mental or emotional stress instead. I don't know why you would do that instead of adding an extra die to your total and avoiding it all together, but it is a way that you can spend plot points.