View Single Post

Thread: The Gadgeteer

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

SolithKnightGuy

Default The Gadgeteer

I got struck by a lightning... ahem, like a lightning from clear sky, with an idea, that boils down to wordplay with Gadgets and a Musketeer.

Obviously, there's no question that it would be best represented by an Artificer. But which Subclass?

A musketeer would mean some sort of a warrior, so I'd prefer one of those that has the Extra Attack feature, but how would you build it?

Their weapons of choice would be a rapier and a pistol (though a musketeer would obviously need a musket, as well). Now, I realize that Crossbow Expert doesn't work as written with a pistol, since it's not a crossbow, but let's assume a DM would be lenient about it. Preferably high Dexterity.

As for gadgets, well it goes without saying that gadgets come as a natural part of being an artificer, so all kinds of weird infusions et cetera.

I'm unsure whether Armorer or Battle Smith is the better option, or if I should make another thread and Homebrew a new one called Gadgeteer (or look for one already made that meets my quality standards).
    Last edited by Arkhios; 2024-04-28 at 06:17 AM.