View Single Post

Thread: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

1. - Top - End - #721
    Troll in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: [M&M 3e] Defying the Future IC

Round 6... ish

Gabriel glares at Floral's outstretched hand, golden eyes bright with hate. With an enormous flap of her wings, she disappears into the air, dwindling quickly into a speck in the sky. For a moment, that seems to be all, until--

With a shriek of fury, Gabriel drops towards the cocooned shape of Manchineel, her wicked, oversized talons outstretched.

Heedless of the danger, Lucia's translucent gaze slips over the four of you as though she is looking at you from a distance. "You can't see it--feel it? That's... that must be good," she says to Nope, looking through him. "I tried to--or wanted to--make a place where it wouldn't want to go. Maybe I did that. That would be good, wouldn't it? Or maybe it would go wherever I am. It's claws--I don't know if they went away."

Her eyes move towards Helios next, and she frowns faintly. "I don't know what to do," she says, her voice oddly petulant. "Calming down isn't doing, it's not doing. That isn't helpful. I need to hide, and I don't know where... can I go back? Maybe losing myself was the only way to lose it too...

Spoiler: Expertise (Magic, "Magic", and/or Metaphysics) DC 20, nested
    Show
    All right, given what Helios has seen/expressed and what Lucia is saying, you can understand that her makeup, or essence, or what have you, is currently so intertwined with whatever is chasing her that separating the two isn't a straightforward task... but that only rules out the direct route. The person of Lucia and the power that welled up at Camp Bubble Brook are still two separate things; maybe, with some more prodding, you can find a way to... emphasize that difference by removing something else.

Spoiler: DC 25
    Show
    Or you can be clever and come up with a concept immediately. If Nope can define and negate the relationship between Lucia and the power at Camp Bubble Brook, without negating Lucia or the power itself, he could free her from that influence without negative effects to either side... in theory, at least.

To one side, the giant, clover-colored tortoise continues to happily munch nectar.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Lucia

No attacks (pending below), so Life and Death remain in balance. The Persuasion roll isn't enough for her to take any particular action. She moves slightly closer to returning to Manchineel in form and personality.

Raskovnik

Keep on chewing. (1d20)[12]

Gabriel

A 22 is a little low for her blind rage, I'm afraid--but it's enough to keep her from AoA/PAing this round.

Move Action: Dramatically fly up, and then down to AB42.

Standard Action: Use Thwack on Manchineel.

Accuracy vs. Silken Shields: (1d20+12)[17] vs. 20 or (1d20+10)[26] On a hit, Resistance DC 31 + Penetrating vs. Damage: (1d20+10)[17] Miss

If that at least Breaches, Manchineel (or Floral, since she's Interposing) needs to roll DC 31/26 vs. Penetrating Damage Linked Multiattack, Secondary Effect Weaken Defense.

All PCs are up.
    Last edited by Zelphas; 2024-04-27 at 06:31 PM.
    Originally Posted by Xefas:
    "I need the Goblins in phalanx arrangement. Sky Blotters in the back! Swissles? Assume the Swizzle Stick Formation! We're going in!"
    What Pokemon am I?
    Spoiler
    Show