1. - Top - End - #228
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: What drives a poor reputation for the Rogue class?

Quote Originally Posted by Blatant Beast View Post
    The Expert Sidekick in Tasha's has more party facing features, than a Mastermind Rogue.
    Ugh, the Mastermind is such a wasted opportunity.

- Help as a short range bonus action is only a sidegrade to Cunning Action (if we're being optimistic) and only gets less relevant with levels.
    - Their level 9 feature is a reprise of the Battle Master's infamously dysfunctional level 7 ribbon. Most ribbon features are bigger than this, and it's the Mastermind's whole feature.
    - Their level 13 feature requires a creature within 5 feet of you, and for them to be granting you cover against an attack, and then for your to use your Reaction on it for modest gains over Uncanny Dodge. It actually does something (albeit a situational something), but it's sure not much.
    - Their level 17 feature means you can now spoof a second level spell (if you make a successful check). Great, I would have liked this to get my conspiracy started about a dozen levels earlier, please.
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2024-04-26 at 01:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones