Quote Originally Posted by Bennosuke View Post
The question causes Greenlief to chuckle. He pauses for a moment before replying though. "I suppose," he says slowly, "though I guess it all depends on what you mean by close. And ****, if I know where this is going, I think I'm gonna ask for a Minor Boon. AND, you gotta swear to leave me out of all of this, once I help." He pauses again, and when he speaks, again is clearly measuring his words, "But to be clear... you're looking to... get her gone, right? I suppose it matters in terms of who I send your way."

(OOC: Increasing the cost due to the failed roll earlier)

Karl makes a quick stop at the haven to pick up gear. Attempting to spend as little time there, and making no further efforts. He avoids much interaction with Fred, who can probably tell something is up.

About twenty minutes later he's parked out by the Opera House. By now, much of the fire damage to the exterior has been repaired, though there is one strip of the towering stone building that still has gaffing up for repairs. The exterior is surrounded by black chain-link along all sides but the front. It looks like there's no major change to access points. He does identify a pull up in the back of the building, where large swinging doors in the fence can open in to allow a car or small hauler to roll up to what looks like a large service elevator. There is one small door on the side of the building with nondescript sign reading "Boiler". Otherwise the only way in or out is through the large main entrance.

Daniel replies with a noncommittal "yeah yeah" to the question about if he proposed, and it's clear there might be more to it than that. But his reply becomes more emphatic when Anna starts asking about red flags. "What? No! No red flags! Ariel's great! She is great with her parents too," he replies sincerely, though he adds, "I mean, for an American... if you know what I mean. And she's met mine and all. They aren't thrilled with a white girl, but like, we can make that work." Daniel pauses again, sighs, and apologizes. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to have a conversation like this. I'm sure it's not really fair to you."
"Well you know what they say, she doesn't have to be perfect, just someone you can tolerate for the rest of your life," Anna said, and then she laughed, "whatever you decide to do, I've got your back. I just wanted to call and check in and make sure everything's good. Does she care that we still talk?"