1. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What drives a poor reputation for the Rogue class?

Quote Originally Posted by J-H View Post
    Did someone say Monks plateau post-11?
    Has not been my experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
    Can you point me to where the Rogue has any rule that is more selfish than any other class?
    Nope. But they do have an archetype of Assassin that implies that they (the Assassins) like killing things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
    It's baseless.

Fighter: Stand back, I'll keep them from reaching you guys.
    Wizard: No need Fighter, I have summoned a creature to do the fighting for you. That way, your hit points are protected, and I get the glory.
    Bard: Okay, I'll make sure to provide any healing.
    Wizard: At ease Bard, I dipped Life Cleric and grabbed Goodberry with Magic Initiate. Everyone can keep themselves topped off, thanks to me, and you don't have to do anything.
    Rogue: Alright, well I'll scout ahead and make sure the way is clear of traps or hidden enemies.
    Wizard: Master yourself Rogue, you are not needed here. I will make sure the way is clear with my familiar, or my Arcane Eye. That way you remain safe, and I once again beat the challenge for us.
    Rogue: It's okay, I don't mind, this is what my expertise is in. Keep your familiar safe, and don't waste your spell slots.
    Wizard: You selfish piece o--- !
    Laughed, I did.
    Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
    Why not climb the tree and avoid the attacks all together?
    Please don't tell Pex about this thread.
    Last edited by KorvinStarmast; 2024-04-25 at 09:17 PM.
    Avatar by linklele. How Teleport Works
    a. Malifice (paraphrased):
    Rulings are not 'House Rules.' Rulings are a DM doing what DMs are supposed to do.
    b. greenstone (paraphrased):
    Agency means that they {players} control their character's actions; you control the world's reactions to the character's actions.
    Gosh, 2D8HP, you are so very correct!
    Second known member of the Greyview Appreciation Society