General notes: Hey, I forgot (go figure) to include rules for HP. I fixed it in the 16, but I will repeat it here.

Roll hit dice, round up to average if lower than.

As an additional note, I would like to get this running sooner than later. Can we possibly have sheets done and submitted no later than next Friday? That is, May 3rd.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
Just in case, here is Tabella without it. She gets Wilderness Rogue for Knowledge(Geography) in this case. I could theoretically let craft(maps) carry her background and motivation on its own, but being a cartographer without geography feels wrong, somehow.

Then again, knowing that everyone else is already playing skills-focused classes, part of me wants to just make her a knightly fighter and let the rest of you take care of the actual scouting and observation. Even fighters get Craft as a class skill.
Tabella looks fine as is. Just update HP and MP, and I think you seem good to go!

Quote Originally Posted by Gondolin01 View Post
I’ve changed my mind after reviewing the thread: we have a Bard and a Rogue, so I’ll back off from a skill-focused class. Instead I’ll go Duskblade to provide a melee fighter and sacrificial meat shield.

For flavor, I was thinking a squire of a knightly order who found a magic sword, and wants to imitate the great heroes he heard stories about and loved as a boy. I’d be flavoring the Duskblade magic as sword magic, like the sword beams from the games. Just a few questions as I build him:

1. If he uses a Greatsword, can he remove his hand from the sword and put it back as a free action for spellcasting purposes? If he needs a free hand all the time, I’ll get him a Longsword instead.

2. I want to pick the Collector of Stories skill trick (from Complete Scoundrel). Would you allow that to work with the Knowledge Devotion feat (from Complete Champion)? If I’m reading it right, Collector of Stories gives a +5 competence bonus to Knowledge checks to identify a creature. Knowledge Devotion requires a Knowledge check to identify a creature and give a bonus to damage against that creature type, all once per encounter. Would you allow the skill trick’s bonus to apply to the feat’s skill check? If that’s too munchkin-y, I’ll probably keep both the skill trick and the feat for flavor purposes and just not let them interact.

Sorry about the flurry of ideas: I’m excited about this game!
Don't feel like you need to fill a role or change for anyone else. We are all here to have fun, and the game will have a mixture of concepts and ideas. Yes, there will likely be some combat moments, but it isn't my primary focus if it isn't the primary focus of the party.

1. I will go with the idea that your ability to "wield" counts for a full round. So no back and forth, IE if you choose to cast, you omit your ability to make opportunity attacks that round using your weapon, as well as any other function that would require the weapon to be wielded proper. This can also have effects on things such as disarm.

2. The interaction between the two seems fine, it will net you a +1 per round, nothing major. Just do keep in mind skill tricks are far more limited than knowledge devotion, so if fighting multiple enemy types, you have to pick which one you want to burn the trick on for that encounter.

Quote Originally Posted by FrightKnight0 View Post
I am not quite as familiar with 3.5 as I am with Pathfinder, but the thought of a Zelda based game has me wanting to dig up some old books and see what I can put together. I'm leaning towards a Hylian Paladin. Since Hylia has the Sun and Good domains, would the Shadowstriker PRC from Complete Champion be a valid choice for later? I love the idea of walking into a crowd of Re-Dead swinging a sword burning with the light of the Sun.
Sounds fine by me. Glad I could get your interest! Go be a holy nuke!