1. - Top - End - #172
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: What drives a poor reputation for the Rogue class?

The highest damage rogue I could make at lvl 8 against AC17 was an EA arcane trickster Rogue (max stat) using shadowblade and booming blade (I assume 50% of the rider damage). That gives me 39.16 dpr (w advantage, which between shadowblade and ba should be relatively common). Without shadowblade and using booming blade, I get 34.8dpr with advantage (just booming blade and a +1 rapier) and 22 dpr without advantage (so no steady aim). Rogue gets 2 shadowblades per day.

The highest damage barbarian I could make at lvl 8 was a custom lineage Zealot PAM/GWM/ barbarian (18 str) with a +1 polearm (by assumption from above). While raging, the Zealot hits for 46.4 dpr (reckless) or 29.17 (non reckless). Without Rage it hits for 27.2 (no adv) and 42.9(adv). Barbarian gets 4 rages a day.

So this is actually decently close (order 10%), except that the Barbarian gets more (eg double) resources to hit his peaks. Note that assuming steady aim and reckless is usually a bit of a bad assumption in practice. At high op levels both will get you killed very fast.

Feel free to check my math (I used Ludics calculator). (edit: removed EA for barbarian, but messed up the -5/+10.. edited for correctness).
    Last edited by Hael; 2024-04-25 at 09:58 AM.