View Single Post

Thread: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

1. - Top - End - #781
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Cosmic Hunters (OOC)

Quote Originally Posted by chaincomplex View Post
    840,000 gp actually, increased it again. Basically I want the PCs at the threshold of epic levels.

Edit. By the way, if you have LA on a monstrous race that has been discussed on the LA assignment threads, I'd be happy to reduce it accordingly.
    Huh. With 2 points already bought off, that would mean Delja, as a Nixie, gets a level and will have an ECL equal to her level at last. I could finish Duelist (the stupid, but funny thing to do) or go Thief-Acrobat (the sensible way forward)! Don't mind if I'll take that chance and run with it. So… Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Ah yes, the wands of Prestidigitation are invaluable just so we can look clean after a dungeon crawl. You have no idea how annoying it is to remove dried blood lodged between each scale.
    Actually, Delja also has scales. Hers are just much smaller and fishier.

I'm thinking Bahamut sent him first to Tiamat's lair, on the first layer of the Nine Hells, tasked with retrieving the soul of a "tarnished" dragonborn - a dragonborn having forsaken Bahamut - in order to give the repentant soul another chance. Then, he'd had Ux climb back from there up to Celestia and find the location of Bahamut's palace among the first four layers of the plane, to put the soul at his feet among his divine hoard. After having thought about it long and hard on his way, Ux also decided to give everything he possessed to the hoard of Bahamut at that moment and took a vow of poverty.
    Oh, man. If poor Ereshki dies, Myriad goes off to do weird Myriad stuff and Ux heads off to tour the Hells as a redemption quest, I'm afraid Delja is likely to slide back into a drinking habit and Ux will have to have an awkward conversation either with one of her other weird friends or a giant psychic crocodile once he gets back, only to know which muddy ditch by the road he has to fish her out from.

Apart from that, he is the same Ux, who barges in in social situations, laughs at goofy Myriad antics, enjoys good fruit juice, sports enormous eyebrows, doesn't like people standing on his knee, likes hot baths and irritates the hell out of Delja.
    Well, that does cover the really important bits!

Quote Originally Posted by remetagross View Post
    Let's do this for her, and for all the others that needed Ux but he wasn't there for them. You know what he's going to do with the Noctuary? A flattening. He wants every mortal to be of the same power level. Now, the specifics are murky even to him - having everyone be an ECL 1 character? An ECL 20 character? What about extraplanar creatures? Are there any unintended side effects to such a situation? His Int score is only 12. But the core idea is that if everyone wields equal power, there can never be brute-forcing of one individual onto another anymore.

There will not be weak and strong people, the former being oppressed by the latter - only people.
    Wiat, what? 5e is a bad future where Ux succeeded?! This can only lead to PvP!! (The horror! The HORROR!!)
    Last edited by Metastachydium; 2024-04-25 at 06:48 AM.