Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
Straight-up Freeform is a valid option.

Also, that opening vignette is dope.
Thanks, and yeah I figure that is always an option. I do think we'll agree on some sort of ruleset to work with, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerespirin View Post
Ditto on how cool that opening was.

I'd be down if you're running MnM 3e. It's not really a crunchy system past character creation, and I have enough experience with the system to run character validation and vetting for you if that will ease your burden.
Thanks for the offer, I'm assuming everyone is going to - in a friendly way - check out everyone else's builds, if just out of curiosity. If I decide with M&M, I think at the very least I need to impose some house-rules to 1) speed up combat and increase stakes, because PBP is SLOW (and I'll make sure that simply "take out the bad guys" will be the least interesting tactic to accomplish scenario goals), 2) incentivize imaginative power stunts as a norm, and 3) incentivize fun Team attacks. I may even go a Lancer route and bolt a narrative-style goal resolution mechanic on for non-action scenes, and use M&M for the action scenes... I dunno yet

Quote Originally Posted by Lentrax View Post
Yeah. With a premise like in that opening, how could I not be in?
Cool. Any opinion in system?

Quote Originally Posted by Epimetheus View Post
This sounds incredibly cool. Are you looking for all players to be mashups of Marvel and DC characters, the same way that Bruce is also taking the role of Professor X and Alfred is a hybrid Sinestro/Magneto?
Yes, I'm hoping people will come up with some interesting cross-over ideas (and less along the lines of Amalgam mash-ups, like Dark Claw, Hyena, Shatterstarfire, Thanoseid, Doctor Strangefate, etc.). Some amount of mash-up is fine, but I'm hoping for some elegance. I am probably going to say no to mostly original characters - they have their place and are fun, but the point of this whole thing is some cross-over goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Seandiggersby View Post
I'd be interested depending on what system you decide to go with. Have you considered that new marvel system, Marvel Multiverse? It's fairly rules light from what I've seen.
I've played it - not a fan. It feels like its borrowing too much from video game power "upgrade" trees. I did love love LOVE Marvel Heroic/Cortex, because of how free-style it was and how the dice mechanic balanced out everyone's power level pretty well, but its a bear to play in PBP format because of the high level of back-and-forth reactions that make the system sing that take seconds in real life but days in PBP. I think I actually like MHR more than M&M in live settings.

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
So is this iteration of X-Men entirely Mutants?
No, not necessarily. This version of the Xavier School will accept any metahuman, which is basically anyone exceptional or with powers or capabilities from any kind of origin. I don't plan on really going too deep on the school part either, because I barely remember any of that from X-men anyway.