Quote Originally Posted by Skrum View Post

Barb with adv matches rogue with elven accuracy. Barb with adv and using GWM beats rogue

I will note, rogue isn't noncompetitive. In play, my guess is it basically feels equal. Rogue having range is going to be able to attack each turn a little easier, while barb will occasionally spend their turn moving.

The part that is going to feel the most imbalanced between the two is when the barb hits twice. Especially if they're using GWM, that's gonna be FAR more damage than the rogue could possible do outside of a very strong crit.
In terms of looking outside of DPR numbers (which can be really detached from the reality of actually playing the game), the Barbarian is taking on a lot more risk to get their advantage (assuming Reckless) and the Barbarian is going to miss more. A lot more.

A GWM Barbarian is going to miss around 25% more than the Rogue not taking that accuracy hit. Just because the +10 pumps the average numbers higher doesn't make that any harder of a pill to swallow when the Barbarian keeps missing because the dice aren't in their favour, or heck, because they are experiencing the average result, which is them missing.

But in terms of the existing comparison piece I tried out that RPG bot calculator, it's pretty nice, for reference though I through this at it instead:

Rogue (level 8), TWF (w/Style) and two +1 Scimitars:

w/o adv. 27.19
w/adv 35.87

So simply going TWF with the style, which you can grab with V.Human or CLineage easily and still max 20 at 8th, pretty much blows the GWM Barbarian out of the water considering the reliability of the damage. (honestly, I was surprised by that)

Or we can do something else, like just play a Soulknife:

w/o adv. 23.80
w/adv. 32.29

Or what if we play a Soulknife with Thrown Weapon style or Dueling?

w/o adv. 26.20
w/adv. 35.65

Or since the Barbarian is going at it with a LR resource invested, let's try an AT with a Shadow Blade and Booming Blade (and note, they have a much easier time getting advantage between the familiar and SB conditions):

w/o adv. 20.88
w/adv. 29.98
w/adv. and EA 34.34

Now, it's my first time using that calculator and there's a lot of back-and-forth changing but I don't think I made any errors, or at least no egregious ones.

So the numbers from the tool you like to use suggest that a Rogue can match or even beat out that Raging, +1 weapon, GWM Barbarian comparison point if they're actually somewhat optimized for damage. Of course, you can make the Barbarian hit harder with some more optimization, but I think the point that the Rogue can hang in damage with a damage-orientated Barbarian should have been made.