View Single Post

Thread: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

1. - Top - End - #1306
    Ogre in the Playground

Kobold

Default Re: Chult Hex Crawl - IC

Nolwenn shakes her head and blinks against the remnants of the stupor that had threatened to cloud her mind. "It's...enchanted," she announces, sounding somewhat absentminded. She steadies herself against the nearby desk before she continues, this time more surely. "Not especially dangerously so, I don't believe, at least to anyone who's not alone. I believe it's a spell that compels its target to placidity, like in that story with the vain jeweler and the magic mirror. I possess one with a similar effect, but it relies on a visual trick instead of affecting the mind directly. Not as direct but more elegant in my opinion." She pauses.

"I assure you that mine isn't so lethal as the one in the tale, and I suspect this one isn't either. It would be convenient for the effect to end as soon as the victim is no longer touching the bars. That way, a prisoner would be unharmed or a thief could be easily removed and questioned or what have you. Speaking of which, you"--the wizard turns and points to the woman in the cage--"may be neither. For you, that cage isn't a prison, but a shield, isn't it?" She raises her eyebrow querily and brings back her pair of illusions, which create an image of the caged woman stepping in and out of her solid-looking prison unimpeded.
    Last edited by The Hellbug; 2024-04-24 at 11:08 AM.
    Coach and Owner of Hellbug's Heroes, Sneak Kings, Sultans of Slaughter, and Commercial Cast-Offs. Season II and III runner-up. Season IV league champion. Season VII division champion.