Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post

I don't understand.
We're in a D&D forum, talking about D&D. In all my experience playing D&D, well over a decade (so not as long as the real grognards, but still a good while) I've never seen someone's default response to PvP being positive.
Yeah, I *totally* agree with this. Obviously, not every group is the same. On the other hand, every time I've ever seen PvP related stuff come up its been very poorly received. A few months ago, at a relatively new table I've been playing at, a character outright stole a valuable, interesting item from another PC (the fighter, who was oddly good at slightly of hand stole a wyvern's egg from the Beast Master Ranger). The ranger was *not* pleased and considered not coming back, and while no one made a big deal out of it, I don't think its a coincidence the fighter never came back after that session.

That having been said, one of my most bittersweet moments as a DM was creating a moral conundrum so tough the party nearly turned on each other to resolve it. In fact, the end of the campaign was semi-near (party was level 18 and plan was to go to 20, there were two big adventures to go), so the party agreed to freeze that campaign so everyone could think about things. We started the next campaign a little early, and 2 more campaigns later no one has any interest in revisiting that one.

It was satisfying to create something that connected so strongly with the players, but they *hated* it, which I felt bad about.