1. - Top - End - #75
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What drives a poor reputation for the Rogue class?

Quote Originally Posted by Skrum View Post
    I really hope that I'm simply misunderstanding you and you aren't in fact pushing that type of antagonistic behavior.
    I have as much against PvP in D&D, as I have against games such as Murder, Werewolf, Saboteur, Among Us, etc. - nothing at all.

I also don't have anything against purely co-operative D&D, but I expect enough self-awareness from my players to not pick unco-operative roles if they want that.

Quote Originally Posted by Skrum
    Character vs character conflict is fine, within reason, over roleplay decisions. But if someone tries to steal loot or pickpocket fellow players because "that's that my character would do," that's gonna become player vs player conflict with REAL QUICK. I would flatly not tolerate it as a DM or player. I don't even like splitting loot in character - break character, figure out what's fair, and move on.
    Have you considered that being this miserly about what are, in the end, fictive game tokens, is pretty silly? It's a game affair, settle it in the game. Have your guy roll the other guy in tar & feathers if you have to. But don't make more about it than it is.
    Last edited by Vahnavoi; 2024-04-23 at 05:25 PM.