Quote Originally Posted by spectralphoenix View Post
Hmm... he succumbed about six weeks ago. He was one of the first. Ian wasn't the sort to get into fights or strangeness - he just woke up one morning with a fever, lingered for a few days, then fell to sleep and hasn't woken up. A local healer has been making the rounds and tending to the victims, but she's not a real cleric. Clerics of Lathander have been in short supply since their temple burned down a few years back. I suppose the Zhentarim have clerics, but if they know anything, they aren't telling.

I've heard some say it's a curse - that dark dwarves roam the knight and steal people's souls. There was a clan of dwarves in the Dale a hundred years ago, and one of the old lords drove them out.
Delmuth listens to what the young woman has to say about Ian and mentally begins removing possible reasons for the man to have been targeted. The fact their was no local cleric didn't exactly help either. As much as he didn't like the idea he thought that perhaps he should at least suggest speaking with a representatives of the Zhentarim to see what their clerics had learned as well as let them know that they were chasing down leads to stop this curse if all things seemed like the Zhentarim were not behind it.

"Dark dwarves, that is not something I would think of when I think curses, but not impossible either. Tell me is there anyone in town, or near town that is still awake who knows the history of the Dale back to this time? It may be useful to know this form of knowledge as it may help us solve this mystery." Delmuth explains to the Ms. Tress.