Quote Originally Posted by elyktsorb View Post
So I'm starting in a game at lvl 12 and I've decided to be an artillerist artificer. Is there any particular race worth choosing for it when asi's aren't important? Aside from say the ones that have flying or yuan-ti pureblood.

Additionally, anyone got any multiclass experience with the class? I'm primarily playing it straight so any MCing would probably just be a dip, but not looking to do it just to grab heavy armor proficiency, more so for actual fun reasons or for anything that would be interesting mechanically.

We rolled for stats and this is the spread I pulled, 12 15 15 18 13 10
I recommend a race with a cantrip - Artificers are quite starved on that front (getting only two of them until level 10!) and Artillerists in particular want offensive ones - usually either Firebolt or Acid Splash, perhaps even both so that they have a second option to use with their Firearm when the other isn't suitable, in order to save their limited spell slots.

As far as a multiclass, if you're only planning a dip I would personally stick with Artificer so that you get on-time scaling of your cannons, spell ranks and infusions/attunements - more for yourself and more for your allies. There's just not a lot that any other dip can add to those. A wizard multiclass is great if you're going to leave Artificer behind for it but that doesn't seem to be what you want to do here.