Did someone say Monks plateau post-11? Is that at 14 and get to be one of the top 3 classes in terms of saving throws (behind Paladins and probably Artificers)? Or at 18 when they can turn invisible and resist everything but force damage for 10 rounds?

I'd put Ranger at the low point because its spell list is lacking when compared to the Paladin or Artificer list and its damage is lower than the Eldritch Knight and Arcane Trickster. It's basically the worst of the half-casters, and it doesn't have the inherent tankiness that all the others have. More of the Ranger's power is in the subclass than the base chassis, which is why Gloomstalker and Horizon Walker are so good (HW post-11 is AMAZING. 3 attacks and 30' of teleporting per round gives a rogue/monk grade mobility archer).

I have played a Rogue with a shield. It was really annoying to lose an action swapping back and forth between the shield or not to use a shortbow against a dragon, enough so that I'm just not bothering with shields on any future rogues I make.