Quote Originally Posted by stoutstien View Post
If the class only seems to function by dumping all your universal picks into a single ability score, or in the case of barbarian looking at ways to add additional damage riders because the core chassis lacking it, then that's the issue. Well there's a more complex issue where you can't have the same pool of choices at level four then at level 16 and expected them not feel like some free will paradox.
I don't think anyone is saying the barbarian can't function with a 16 Strength. Really this thread is all about how it *feels* to have to make these choices.

My fighter makes three, sometimes four, attack rolls per turn. We have around 4-5 encounters per day, and they might average around 4-5 turns, as some of them are slogs and our party isn't the online D&D fantasy swat team meme that finishes everyone off in 2 turns.

Point being statistically I will fail an attack roll by 1 point around 4 times per campaign day. Meanwhile, the wisdom saves are no where close to being as frequent.

The effects are disproportional, both in impact and in frequency.

In my opinion the barbarian should be shaking off these types of effects regardless of their wisdom because that's what the class image is. They're not just physically tough they have the ability to endure all types of strength so if a level one spell is just as likely to take you out of the fight at level one than at level 20 something has fundamentally gone wrong.
I wholeheartedly agree. Rage used to give you a morale bonus to mind-affecting effects. Not sure why they changed that.